Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Select all other units" button issues

Basic Member

"Select all other units" button issues

Hello,

Let's call the "Select all other units" button X.

As soon as you double tap X the unit group will be focused as intended.However what is not intended is that the hero will be added in the unit group as well.

This is a serious issue while microing multiple units and I demand it being fixed asap.

Also,there should be added a button to control wards,like plague wards,healing wards etc because these are not added in the X group.

Thanks a lot for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasad View Post
    This is a serious issue while microing multiple units and I demand it being fixed asap.
    Kasad has spoken!

I personally don't play heroes that require a lot of micro because i suck at it. But i can see how this is important. +1

Cheers

Basic Member
    Bumping,this is important.

Basic Member
    I have never used the "Select all other units" button or even know about it.

I do however use control group (I use ctrl+2) when using Chen. And to be honest I'm not sure why but my hero (Chen) has always somehow been included in the control group even when I didn't include my hero in it...

Basic Member
    this isn't an issue or a bug. it's intended that double clicking the button selects all other units and your hero while clicking it once selects just all other units. it was stated as such by a valve dev (maybe erictams or thor) a couple weeks ago (i think, anyway?)

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    this isn't an issue or a bug. it's intended that double clicking the button selects all other units and your hero while clicking it once selects just all other units. it was stated as such by a valve dev (maybe erictams or thor) a couple weeks ago (i think, anyway?)
    This...

Basic Member
    Link please.Because it is just stupid to select the hero when you want to select only your summons/illusions whatever.

Just press the damn button once... no need to smash your head in the keyboard every time you want to do something.

Or use control groups.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeN View Post
    Just press the damn button once... no need to smash your head in the keyboard every time you want to do something.

Or use control groups.
    You are wrong.Double tapping is not for getting your group it's for focusing on your summons like with the hero.

If you want hero+X group you should do it with shift or something.

Basic Member
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post102121

lose the attitude, man. YOU are wrong. double tapping is for focusing on your summons? what if you have two summoned units that are screens apart? game crashes? ....