Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Sand King's Caustic Finale doesnt work on mud golems/magic immune units

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Sand King's Caustic Finale doesnt work on mud golems/magic immune units

Summary:
    Sand King's Caustic Finale doesnt work on mud golems/magic immune units

Repro:
    1) Level up SK's Caustic Finale skill at least once
    2) Find mud golem spot
    3) Hit golem

Result:
    Debuff doesnt apply to golem. It will not explode on death.

Expected:
    Debuff should be placed, and golem should explode on death damaging near enemies (not 2nd golem). At least in dota it works.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 09-28-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Basic Member
    Hi,

i can confirm this. In DotA there is a visiual indicator on the Mud Golem (green sparkles) and an explosion
    sand king 1.jpg
    sand king 2.jpg
    In Dota 2 there is no visual indicator, no buff and no explosion.
    2012-02-08_00002.jpg
    2012-02-08_00003.jpg

I'd call this as a bugfix instead of a bug.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post
    I have to agree with you. If golems are imune to magic, this include debuffs and any dmg from magic sources. Sand King's passive is a spell, so it shouldn't work on golem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post
    if icefrog wanted this fixed he would fixed it in dota1 , its a bug

Basic Member
    p1e2d3r4o please do not apply logic to why should this work or not work. WC3's engine works on a different principle. There are the so called Atack Types and Damage Types which define whether a spell should work on a magic immune hero or not. For example you can take the Venomancer's passive ability which is dealing 'magic' dmg but works on magic immune creatures like the dragon or the golems in the ancient camps.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mDREAMm View Post
    p1e2d3r4o please do not apply logic to why should this work or not work. WC3's engine works on a different principle. There are the so called Atack Types and Damage Types which define whether a spell should work on a magic immune hero or not. For example you can take the Venomancer's passive ability which is dealing 'magic' dmg but works on magic immune creatures like the dragon or the golems in the ancient camps.
    So what you're saying is that logic should not be applied to the game? Like Omni's repel been overwhelmed by itens spells (another thread inthis forum)?
    Of course we have to think with logic, as already said many times here this game IS NOT Dota 1 with better graphics, we should help them improve it to be better, and in my opinion Sand King's passive SHOULDN'T work on a "imune to magic" target.

Just complementing, maybe the WC3 engine wasn't able to disable this effect on golems. There many limitations with the WC3 engine.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p1e2d3r4o View Post
    Seriously? So you think that is logic to use a magic buff on something that is imune to magic dmg? T_T
    immune to magic DAMAGE, and they don't take any DAMAGE (2nd golem for example), but they should explode on death and this explode must damage OTHER units like other jungle creeps or heroes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    immune to magic DAMAGE, and they don't take any DAMAGE (2nd golem for example), but they should explode on death and this explode must damage OTHER units like other jungle creeps or heroes.
    Do you agree that the buff caused by this passive is a MAGIC spell? If it's a magic spell and golems are imune to magic spells, they should NOT be affected by Sand King's passive, cause the passive won't get them.

Basic Member
    im tired of arguing in every 3rd thread, it doesnt work same as in wc3 dota thats why i report a bug. Devs will decide intended or not.