Thread: Random disc that i cannot reconnect to

Cannot reconnect to game

When i play a game 70% of the time i randomly disconnect and when i try to reconnect it says something alone the lines of "number of connection attemps reached" and then it says its prob a problem with steam server.

Now this has caused me 3 abandoments and it now takes me about 20min to find match. I have looked into it and it is not a client side thing, my ping is fine and all my ports are open. I wish to have my abandons removed since i did not accualy leave the games.
    Last edited by touchmytotem; 02-08-2012 at 08:45 AM.

I believe I saw something from one of the developers in the Europe Latency thread about this.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    I had the same issue, my isp resets my ip every couple days, if it happens while im in-game i cant get back for at least 15 minutes.

Its supposed to have something to do with the server saving your client connection with your ip and it only drops your ip after 15 minutes, and then your able to reconnect with you new IP

Devs should fix this asap since i already had 3 abandons for this and am sure a lot of people are having the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kronos?! View Post
    I had the same issue, my isp resets my ip every couple days, if it happens while im in-game i cant get back for at least 15 minutes.

Its supposed to have something to do with the server saving your client connection with your ip and it only drops your ip after 15 minutes, and then your able to reconnect with you new IP

Devs should fix this asap since i already had 3 abandons for this and am sure a lot of people are having the same issue.
    same here
    extremely frustrating
    Computer Engineer