Thread: Last word tooltip on Silencer not correct

Basic Member

Last word tooltip on Silencer not correct

Last Word
    Enemy heroes nearby will be silenced whenever they cast a spell. If an enemy hero dies while under the effect of Last Word, Silencer will permanently steal 1 Intelligence from that hero. If Silencer is the killer, he will steal 2 Intelligence.

When I read the clarification of the spell it said:
    Silencer will permanently steal 1 Intelligence from any enemy hero that dies within 750 range. If Silencer is the killer, he will steal 2 Intelligence instead.

The tooltip should read:
    Enemy heroes nearby will be silenced whenever they cast a spell. If an enemy hero dies within range of Last Word, Silencer will permanently steal 1 Intelligence from that hero. If Silencer is the killer, he will steal 2 Intelligence.

The effect is that you get silenced when you cast a spell.

I don't see a problem here.

Yeah, was confusing for me too. The effect is understood like "silence" after cast, so "within range" is better explanation. Need fix.

Basic Member
    I don't get it. Within range = while under the effect (meaning the aura). Why change it when it means exactly the same?

Because it has effect of silence, and it's confusing. "within range" is more strict.

"under the effect" seems correct for me, because aura has a few seconds time before applied and wore off (i don't know how much time it took in DOTA 2, but in WC3 it is around 0.5 secs), "within range" (750 Range) is not valid

Quote Originally Posted by chukky-jr View Post
    "under the effect" seems correct for me, because aura has a few seconds time before applied and wore off (i don't know how much time it took in DOTA 2, but in WC3 it is around 0.5 secs), "within range" (750 Range) is not valid
    first go read http://www.playdota.com/heroes/silencer#skill365 next time before post please

Basic Member
    Well yes, i can see the tooltip being missleding (some people might think the hero must be silenced by the last word, for silencer to get +1 int). Within range is way better.

Going to add it when the patch is out and I update the thread with fixed things.