Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cursor corruption

Basic Member

Cursor corruption

Hello, i havving issue with cursor corrution, i cont know how to describe, so there is a photo 09022012596.jpg (screenshot doest show corrution) Only solution for me at this time to solve this issue is to reset my pc, because once cursor goes crazy it is carryed into desktop or whatever app im using. This happend in about 1 of 4 games and its annoying because cursor loosing accuracy very badly when this happens. Sorry for my english but i did my best. I also put dxdiag log into attachment, maybe its gonna help you to identify error. My pc is up to date (drivers, win updates)
    Thank you
    Best Regards
    -Yar1nDxDiag.txt

Basic Member
    I also have the same problem. Just that the Windows cursor fully replaces the Dota Cursor.

Which is worse I guess.

Basic Member
    Refering to this thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=17045

Gives more information (ATI dependency)

Regards

Basic Member
    I have this same thing happen a lot. Like every 5 games.

I've had this bug only in caesar III and dota 2 so far. It's weird. ati 6780 here. Sometimes it also looks like a completely different icon, like a black ladder or so.

Basic Member
    Solution: Change your windows cursor to the dota cursor. Win at life forever like i do.

Basic Member
    I'm assuming you have an ATi graphics card. It's a known bug with their drivers, yet they refuse to fix it. The bug has been around for nearly a year, and isn't exclusive to DotA 2 or any game in particular. There's instances where it will occur on the desktop, or any other application.

im using nvdia GT520 and have the same problem.. througout the game i get the original windows cursor. . it makes it impossible 2 understand if the skill is selected or not.. like no croashair while a channeling spell is selected. using windows xp with latest nvidia drivers...

the problem is solved for me.. gave windows XP a clean format.. installed all drivers including nVidia.. started Dota 2 and vola!! had the Dota 2 cursor working so happy.. i guess the problem was caused because of AHT dota warkeys..

Basic Member
    Same problem here, happens every 3 games or so, gotta restart the computer every time it happens. ATI GPU (6850).