Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Intended?] Linkens Sphere not blocking zeus ult

Basic Member

[Intended?] Linkens Sphere not blocking zeus ult

Well, first thread here, sorry for the bad english, hope u understood.

I was playing with QoP vs Bots , and an enemy was Zeus, so I buyed Likens to block his ult, but it dint work.

To repro this, create a private game, select "enable cheats", pick a hero ( i've tried this with QoP and PotM ), -gold 11111111 and buy Likens, -createhero zuus enemy, -levelupbots 25, then use zeus ult

Result :
    Likens will ignore the ult, so it will damage the target.

Expected :

It should activate likens and block the ult damage, but not the vision around the target, as say this guide : http://www.playdota.com/guides/the-c...linkens-sphere

Zeus ult is not targeted, and Linken's specifically states it is only supposed to block targeted spells. It was blocked in DotA because of the odd way Zeus ultimate was cast (it used dummy units, each of which cast a targeted spell, IIRC).

Many, many interactions between Linken's and abilities were strange and unintended in DotA. This just fixes some of that oddity. Probably intended and not a bug.

This is Wrong, Zeus ult should be blocked:

futther information:
    http://www.playdota.com/guides/the-c...linkens-sphere

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Equal View Post
    This is Wrong, Zeus ult should be blocked:

futther information:
    http://www.playdota.com/guides/the-c...linkens-sphere
    id say that its bugged in wc3. Either that or the desciption is way off.

currently says "blocks most TARGETED spells"
    Should say;" blocks certain spells (check website)"

You could view zeus's ult as "targetting" all 5 enemy heroes. It's not a true "Area of Effect" spell.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingcarpet View Post
    You could view zeus's ult as "targetting" all 5 enemy heroes. It's not a true "Area of Effect" spell.
    hmm yea true ^^

but readnig that linkens guide makes it obvious that linkens in wc3 works completly random. Some spells trigger it without it blocking anything. some spells are only partially blocked.

Basic Member
    But in this case, it makes sense if the spell is blocked, although zeus is not targetting directly, he still aims the heroes from far.

Basic Member
    Make more sense if only spells that are click-target are blockable imo.

Basic Member
    i know for a fact that his ult was blocked by linkens as recently as a week ago, if its no longer being blocked its either a new bug, or something around your test case against bots that's causing it.

try it without cheats on imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sterls View Post
    i know for a fact that his ult was blocked by linkens as recently as a week ago, if its no longer being blocked its either a new bug, or something around your test case against bots that's causing it.

try it without cheats on imo.
    Why would simply enabling cheats change part of the core mechanics of the way items operate? Do you have a match ID where this occurred? I checked several weeks ago and I just checked right now. Both Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning will be blocked by Linken's, so you may have been confusing the ult being blocked with one of those.