Thread: You can check enemy information that should be hidden

You can check enemy information that should be hidden

When enemy Doom takes a creep and therefore, its skills, being in the other team you can check which skills he took. I think there should be a question mark or something instead of this. It's just how I feel it.

Thing comes when we talk about Invoker. You can 1) Check which skills he has on, and 2) check which level of Quas, Wex or Exort he was. How? Among the new DotA 2 features, when using Invoker you get the chance of seeing how powerful your spells will be according to your orbs level. Just invoke anything and read the tooltip: the values for your current spell will be highlighted in yellow. Pretty much like leveling up VS's Nether Swap, you'll see, for example 500/700/900 range, with 900 in yellow if the skill is level 3.

This should be removed asap, maybe with the question mark I talked about before, or maybe with something else. I find this somehow gamebreaking. Thanks for reading.

You can check what creep doom has by just checking his aura..

And in dota1 you can check how many levels Invoker has on his QWE by his stats

If VS doesn't take ulti at level 11 and 16, he is a retard and he just won himself an advantage by making other people facepalm

IMBA GAMEBREAKING
    Last edited by Luffydude; 02-12-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Most of those arguments are invalid.

Checking one's aura is not the same as watching what skills you're able to use. Plus not all the creeps have aura.

In VS's example I was using a comparison, dude, chill out. Take anybody's skills in this place. I think you're smart enough to do it.

Invoker's not only about knowing his stats (so effin' easily as you can see it in DotA 2, but anyway), it's about knowing which spells he can cast. In the first stages of the games, when Invoker cannot invoke all of his spells from once, knowing which spells he's invoked is pretty gamebreaking. If you can't tell the difference (or you just wanna troll around), then go ahead making useless bashing comments, I'll be here to ignore you.

I'm not saying it's fine as it is, just not gamebreaking. Like mana bars, you can just guess and don't even need to click to know

On Doom's case, not all creeps have aura, fine. However the best ones for early (priest and kobold) and late (wolf and centaur) all have aura. If he doesn't have these then it probably doesn't matter since his other options are subpar and will waste his crappy mana pool.

About Invoker, he's already a broken hero, always banned or being first picked. Back in dota1 it was just so easy to know which spells he had so this changes nothing. Unless he is walking around with 3 Exorts and dealing over +30damage, you can be sure that in the early game he will have the Cold Snap, and on mid game he will have Tornado/EMP 95% of the times. On late game it doesn't even matter because he will cycle his spells really fast.

Still, you have a maphack advantage that not only lets you know what skills your opponent is using, but also the level. It's not about intuition, it's just about things that are just wrong.

I am not sure how Gamebreaking that really is.

Most heroes follow the same skillbuilds and you will know what they skilled as soon as they use skills on you.

Banned
    Generally speaking, if Doom Bringer could eat a creep and we cannot see what creep he ate, countering him can become very difficult. Also hes a carry, he already can become redundantly powerful. As for invoker, same issue. Most people I see stick with the whirlwind and EMP mana nuke. But all 10 of his different spells are powerful and have their uses, ran into an invoker today that was able to interchange 7 of the spells effectively in matters of only an instant. if we cannot see the ones hes using he is going to STEAMROLL us. I don't think it is game breaking to see what spells they are using.