Thread: soul ring and lich sacriface

Banned

soul ring and lich sacriface

well there are 2 changes that i guess are intented plz clear it for me
    1 with soul ring if u use it on full mana and then cast a spell that costs <150 mana u will lost that amount of mana [in dota1 you will be full]
    2 with the sacrifice if u use it on full mana you be full [in dota1 you will lose the spell cost]

Quote Originally Posted by radaw0w View Post
    well there are 2 changes that i guess are intented plz clear it for me
    1 with soul ring if u use it on full mana and then cast a spell that costs <150 mana u will lost that amount of mana [in dota1 you will be full]
    2 with the sacrifice if u use it on full mana you be full [in dota1 you will lose the spell cost]
    1: You're still full in Dota 2. What happens in Dota 1 is that you get 'invisible' extra mana. Your mana cap remains the same, but there's actually 150 more mana not displayed. In Dota 2, when you use the ring on full mana (or when 150 mana would otherwise make you go past your current max), your mana bar will increase its cap to reflect the extra mana.

So when you cast a spell, it only looks as if you lost mana, but in actuality you didnt. When the extra mana expires, the cap on the mana bar will also reduce back to its original state.

2: Looks like a fix to me.

Banned
    yeah didnt payed too much atention

Basic Member
    2: this looks broken in d1 because you cast the skill first ,then you gain mana back which should result in fullmana...
    this isn't a real game changing thing, 50 mana(when you are full on mana anyway) doesn't really matter.
    i think it works as intended