Page 139 of 141 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1409

Thread: We really need stats now.

  1. #1381
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthac View Post
    I still haven't read a post that explains the downside of having private stats. (Stats that only you can see for yourself) There is absolutely no reason I cannot see my own performance ratings in a match. I would love to know how many wards I put down in a match so I know if I am wasting the ward stock in the shop without watching every replay. Things like that are important and if I want easy access to those statistics I see no reason to not include them as a private statistic, this already exists with performance bars except the bars are worthless. Hard stats would do amazing things for the game and if you get creative with it, it will improve and bond together the entire community.
    Have you read more than a few pages of this thread? People have already mentioned what you said. go to http://stats.dota2.be, your stats are available there. They dont have ward stats though. Aren't those available at the end of match?

    Edit: Already got ninja'd, my bad.
    Last edited by Cait_Sith; 07-08-2012 at 08:49 AM.

  2. #1382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Cait_Sith View Post
    Have you read more than a few pages of this thread? People have already mentioned what you said. go to http://stats.dota2.be, your stats are available there. They dont have ward stats though. Aren't those available at the end of match?

    Edit: Already got ninja'd, my bad.
    Then you must have not seen my post earlier about why Stats.dota2.be is a sorry excuse for stats that works around what Valve was trying to prevent anyway. -_-

  3. #1383
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    62
    Lets be honest right now if you are a solo player theres literally no reason to perform on any decent level and not going for mek antimage cause w/l affect nothing beside "invisible mmr" and meaningless wl% why meaningless? cause everyone is between 48-55% due to weird mm :0

  4. #1384
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    46
    In my opinion, they should change the way Strange items stat tracking works. At the moment you get a lump sum that doesn't mean anything. I have a piece that counts kills, wards placed and first bloods. If it tells me 500 Kills, 200 Wards Placed and 25 First Bloods, that honestly doesn't mean anything to me. A simple solution is to make it show totals AND per/game averages. So using the numbers above, 500 Kills (5 per game), 200 Wards Placed (2 per game), 25 First Bloods (0.25 per game).

    Not only does this give people the stats they want, it generates more income for Valve as Strange items will become desirable, people will purchase keys and want to open chests. The stats should track retroactively too to make it more useful. I love Pudge, but just because there are no items yet for him means I don't get to track my stats?

    Edit: I ended up making a post about this here. I had an interesting idea to make Strange items in different slots track different stats, rather than them all just tracking Kills as most of them currently do.
    Last edited by CK011885; 07-08-2012 at 10:20 AM.

  5. #1385
    Basic Member ranaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden, USA, Germany
    Posts
    2,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthac View Post
    Funny you mention that website, I have seen people searching other players with it and harass them IN GAME for it. What Valve is trying to avoid is already happening. To be honest that is why I think the thread is still open though, Valve HASN'T decided. There is still hope.
    .
    What valve is trying to avoid also happens without mentioning that site.
    People flame each others in-game scores, they flame how many wins you have.

    Conclusion:
    Not having stats doesn't prevent flaming in any way. The community is as outrageous as the HoN community, which has stats and still works fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetPeople View Post
    Lets be honest right now if you are a solo player theres literally no reason to perform on any decent level and not going for mek antimage cause w/l affect nothing beside "invisible mmr" and meaningless wl% why meaningless? cause everyone is between 48-55% due to weird mm :0
    Solo mm works fine.
    Stats gained from solo mm in HoN also work fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by pcnx View Post
    If you take away the website, they will check your profile out and then complain that you only have xxx wins.
    they already do
    Last edited by ranaki; 07-08-2012 at 12:10 PM.

  6. #1386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by ranaki View Post
    Conclusion:
    Not having stats doesn't prevent flaming in any way. The community is as outrageous as the HoN community, which has stats and still works fine.
    And now we can finally close this thread, for a conclusion has been reached XD. Please Add Statistics, it will make this game that much BETTER.

  7. #1387
    Basic Member ranaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden, USA, Germany
    Posts
    2,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthac View Post
    And now we can finally close this thread, for a conclusion has been reached XD. Please Add Statistics, it will make this game that much BETTER.
    Well yeah. The game is then at least more fun to play over a longer period of time.
    From what I know games make more money if the customers are staying longer.

    Not having stats won't keep the players that want to become better for very long.
    Sure it might be fine for the part of the community that easily gets butthurt and just plays the game for fun, but for "hard-core" players it's bullcrap to not have stats. Why invest a lot of time then for nothing?
    Last edited by ranaki; 07-08-2012 at 12:28 PM.

  8. #1388
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10
    Add statistics PLEASE.

  9. #1389
    No we actually gave arguments for everything you said, you just fail to read them.

    I am willing to post it again (fifth time).

    Individual (private) stats will harm the community as players will play for stats, denying that people won't is bullshit.

    You do not learn anything from the numbers of the stats you want. As they are empty. I keep finding it funny how you think you get better by watching your average KDR and ward count. And then think "huh guess I need to die less and kill more". Absolutely pathetic if that's your argument. If you would admit that it's just for your peen and as something to fall back on when things go bad I at least would have respect. What I mean by this is that you are playing absolutely crap but you can say to your teammates, who are probably mad, "look at my KDR it's 1.10".

    Seriously if there's one not reading then it's you proponents. You really think you learn to die less and kill more by watching at those numbers? Do you realize then you aren't performing well? Isn't your intention EVERY fucking game to just die the least amounts of time? Same goes for gpm or whatever else the horrible stats HoN provides.

    I can honestly tell that you guys won't get better when you rely on your stats to get better.

    Do you learn anything from positioning and the feeling of when to initiate by looking at those numbers? Quit embarrassing yourselves and find some real arguments.

    And don't forget the bullshit about the community is already awful. So because it's awful we just have to make it even worse? Do you give a guy who has killed 6 people and is out of ammo another 6 bullets? Holy shit, it's like talking to the pope about giving up his believes.

  10. #1390
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthac View Post
    And now we can finally close this thread, for a conclusion has been reached XD. Please Add Statistics, it will make this game that much BETTER.
    Ridicule previous statement.
    Take opposite viewpoint.
    Provide no qualifying statement for new viewpoint.

    Repeat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •