Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1409

Thread: We really need stats now.

  1. #11
    Basic Member Mittsies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dunktown, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    People will not start buying wards in trancemode just because they are about to win/lose, people will not killsteal just because stats is implented.
    Just how clueless are you? We have a prime example of people "turning into monsters over per-game statistics".
    Every game of HoN someone buys all the wards and drops them in the fountain before a game ends (or once they've determined the game is "over").
    People constantly KS, refuse to do teamfights when they think their team is bad, refuse to sacrifice themselves for their carry, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

  2. #12
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittsies View Post
    Just how clueless are you? We have a prime example of people "turning into monsters over per-game statistics".
    Every game of HoN someone buys all the wards and drops them in the fountain before a game ends (or once they've determined the game is "over").
    People constantly KS, refuse to do teamfights when they think their team is bad, refuse to sacrifice themselves for their carry, etc.
    HoN is also a great example of a rotten community. Everyone in HoN is 14 years old.

    Im glad to say that in DOTA 2 the community is much better though, alot more mature. There is no reason to not add statistics, seriously.



    http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/playe...php?aid=199337
    Now i definately understand why you don't want statistics.. you are simply not good enough to get bragingrights with them?
    Last edited by Trem; 02-13-2012 at 03:02 AM.

  3. #13
    Basic Member Mittsies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dunktown, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    HoN is also a great example of a rotten community. Everyone in HoN is 14 years old.

    Im glad to say that in DOTA 2 the community is much better though, alot more mature. There is no reason to not add statistics, seriously.
    Look, I know you're just trolling at this point because you're too braindead to think of a good argument.

    But just consider the following:

    Player A) 300 Wins, 265 Losses as Chen. His average stats are garbage. Low KDR (0.7~). Low gold per minute. If you watch his actual games he displays incredible teamwork, great use of his creeps, great coordination. He wards all game, he protects his teammates, he helps push. He's your ideal, perfect Chen player. Someone you'd want to have on your team every game.

    Player B) 300 Wins, 375 Losses as Clinkz. His average stats are incredible. High KDR (1.6~), fantastic gold per minute and denies. If you watch his actual games, however, he's just some typical pubstar who avoids teamfights like the plague and specifically goes out of his way to only join fights to clean up kills and leave. When his team is destroying - he tries his hardest to killsteal and farm KDR/GPM for no good reason. He doesn't play to win, because winning doesn't earn him good stats.

    Just some food for thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

  4. #14
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittsies View Post
    Just how clueless are you? We have a prime example of people "turning into monsters over per-game statistics".
    Every game of HoN someone buys all the wards and drops them in the fountain before a game ends (or once they've determined the game is "over").
    People constantly KS, refuse to do teamfights when they think their team is bad, refuse to sacrifice themselves for their carry, etc.
    I'd say this must be a low tier thing but when playing with my friend in the 1600 bracket I very rarely see anyone giving enough of a shit to buy out the devastating 4 max wards and place them at the end of the game. I do see a lot of spelling shit with rev wards but those don't count towards the wards.

    Additionally I see no difference in how people play in game between dota and hon.

    Shit players play like shit it has nothing to do with them seeing their overall stats or not because the fact is kids who care about their overall stats care just as much about a single games stats and play exactly the same regardless of if those stats are factored into their public collective stats from all games.

  5. #15
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittsies View Post
    Look, I know you're just trolling at this point because you're too braindead to think of a good argument.

    But just consider the following:

    Player A) 300 Wins, 265 Losses as Chen. His average stats are garbage. Low KDR (0.7~). Low gold per minute. If you watch his actual games he displays incredible teamwork, great use of his creeps, great coordination. He wards all game, he protects his teammates, he helps push. He's your ideal, perfect Chen player. Someone you'd want to have on your team every game.

    Player B) 300 Wins, 375 Losses as Clinkz. His average stats are incredible. High KDR (1.6~), fantastic gold per minute and denies. If you watch his actual games, however, he's just some typical pubstar who avoids teamfights like the plague and specifically goes out of his way to only join fights to clean up kills and leave. When his team is destroying - he tries his hardest to killsteal and farm KDR/GPM for no good reason. He doesn't play to win, because winning doesn't earn him good stats.

    Just some food for thought.
    I see where you are going with this, and i disagree.

    Do you think the chenplayer would dislike the idea of statistics being implented? Do you think he would be like.. "whaaat? i do so often, i dont want people to see that!1"


    If he is a good player, he wouldnt mind.

  6. #16
    Basic Member Mittsies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dunktown, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenald View Post
    I'd say this must be a low tier thing
    "This type of behavior happens in the vast majority of games."

    You're only arguing against yourself at this point.

    You're right. Higher level players don't care.

    Higher level players also only make up a small portion of the community.

    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

  7. #17
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittsies View Post
    "This type of behavior happens in the vast majority of games."

    You're only arguing against yourself at this point.

    You're right. Higher level players don't care.

    Higher level players also only make up a small portion of the community.
    What is that quote supposed to be from and why did you mangle my quote and cut off the end which is basically the most important part considering it negates the first part.

    Are you stupid?

  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by PieOnEar View Post
    >Average k/d
    No, this would defeat the purpose of a team-based game
    That is why k+a/d would be great. + something like the PSR system back at playdota.eu, that takes into consideration your victories etc.

  9. #19
    Ofcourse people love statistics because they show what you achieve what is the point of being a winer if you can't show you are one?

  10. #20
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by rippedapart View Post
    Ofcourse people love statistics because they show what you achieve what is the point of being a winer if you can't show you are one?
    Thanks. This is my point also.

    You like to see that all those thousands of hours is well spent time. i.e: When you started off you played like shit but nowadays you are steadily improving.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •