Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1409

Thread: We really need stats now.

  1. #21
    Basic Member pramo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    Well.. im about to hit my 1000th game and im starting to feel "what is the point?"
    Keep in mind that the game is still in a very limited closed beta, I don't think keeping the game interesting is the main priority at the moment. We don't know anything about Valve's plans yet, so they might come up with something more interesting than blindly farming KDA, GPM, etc.

    Also a reddit post with some good points.

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by pramo View Post
    Keep in mind that the game is still in a very limited closed beta, I don't think keeping the game interesting is the main priority at the moment. We don't know anything about Valve's plans yet, so they might come up with something more interesting than blindly farming KDA, GPM, etc.

    Also a reddit post with some good points.
    Yea, it is in closed beta.. but keeping the game intersting is probably the most important thing they are doing, dont you think?

  3. #23
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    315
    E penises are exactly what we are trying to reduce here .... so no .... no displaying all stats. it should b enough that you can see your own stats (and if anyone actually looks at ur games played n stuff .... they will know how good u are .... so no worries.)
    "Dota 2 will have LAN mode. There are some systems that LAN mode requires that we haven't finished yet, mainly because we've been focused on matchmaking. We know how important this feature is for the community"



    GUESS WHAT!!?!??!!??!
    ....
    chicken butt

    "Douching is a process that involves rinsing or cleaning out the vagina by squirting water or other solutions into it."

  4. #24
    Basic Member pramo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    Yea, it is in closed beta.. but keeping the game intersting is probably the most important thing they are doing, dont you think?
    In general yes, in a closed beta no.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by vector View Post
    E penises are exactly what we are trying to reduce here .... so no .... no displaying all stats. it should b enough that you can see your own stats (and if anyone actually looks at ur games played n stuff .... they will know how good u are .... so no worries.)
    but you cannot see your own stats, you can only see wins and losses... am i a bad morph player since im 6 /9 with him? you would probably say yes. if you checked the actual games or if we had a display of all stats per hero, youd see that my kd and gpm is very high with morph, implying i just had bad luck with teammates and opponents.
    in addition, since valve games can be modded and a mod for stats would only have to add up the stats of all your games, which can be seen for everybody, a mod for the display of all stats will be created anyways.. valve including the display of all stats into their dota profile would just eliminate the needs for a mod.

  6. #26
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by pramo View Post
    In general yes, in a closed beta no.
    I disagree.

    Keeping the game intersting should be prio 1 throughout all stages.

  7. #27
    Basic Member Degen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    37
    Stats does not mean anything in a team game. You can have a KD of 5:1 and still have a W/L ratio of 45%. Just because you're good at last hitting doesn't mean you're a good player in general. Too many times have I had people who farmed the entire game only to lose to a well coordinated team. I say no to stats.

  8. #28
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Degen View Post
    Stats does not mean anything in a team game. You can have a KD of 5:1 and still have a W/L ratio of 45%. Just because you're good at last hitting doesn't mean you're a good player in general. Too many times have I had people who farmed the entire game only to lose to a well coordinated team. I say no to stats.
    That is not a reason not to want stats, really.
    It adds value to players whom like stats. If you do not like stats you dont have to look at them.

  9. #29
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35
    I agree with Trem it would bebetter if we could check the players we play with

  10. #30
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    That is not a reason not to want stats, really.
    It adds value to players whom like stats. If you do not like stats you dont have to look at them.
    If there are stats, even if you don't like them and wont look at them, other people who cares about stats will, and will accordingly, judge you on the grounds of your stats regardless of how good (or bad) a player you are. Stats can only encapsulate so much about a player's skill, and are not a true representation of a player's capabilities (or lack thereof).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •