Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: We really need stats now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

We really need stats now.

Hi everyone.

Well.. im about to hit my 1000th game and im starting to feel "what is the point?"

Average k/d, wards, creepkills & denies should be introduced into everyones profile so anyone can check it out. When i join a game with 4 friends i want to see if the 5th is a capable player before letting him solo mid with his sand king.. with stats i couldve gone into his profile and notice he has an average k/d of 3 kills and 19 deaths and 49 creepkills per game. I would not have allowed him to solo mid. (he was probably also russian)

No honestly, it is what dota needs.. rankingboards for publicplayers and whatnot.

Basic Member
    It's a lot harder for bad players to convince themselves they're not bad when their stats reflect their gameplay.

Then they have to try to argue that stats don't matter in addition to having terrible teammates instead of just arguing that they lose because they have terrible teammates.

Basically lots of people won't want this so it's probably not going to be added.

This thread will be full of flames.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenald View Post
    It's a lot harder for bad players to convince themselves they're not bad when their stats reflect their gameplay.

Then they have to try to argue that stats don't matter in addition to having terrible teammates instead of just arguing that they lose because they have terrible teammates.

Basically lots of people won't want this so it's probably not going to be added.

I honestly see no reason to not add it.

If the heaviest argument is "stats n0 matter!1" it should be implented. It makes the game interesting. How come some people have ALOT better stats than others? Either they are stacking 5's or they are just better.

People that is not that good have to realise that there is better people out there, interested in these kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    I honestly see no reason to not add it.

If the heaviest argument is "stats n0 matter!1" it should be implented. It makes the game interesting. How come some people have ALOT better stats than others? Either they are stacking 5's or they are just better.

People that is not that good have to realise that there is better people out there, interested in these kind of things.
    You brought up the main problem with the idea - that stacking 5's is an easy way to exploit the stats.

If everyone were playing solo, then fine, track all the stats for everybody. SOME people want to see this game's community expand, and to do that they need to address the fact that new players are deterred from matchmaking due to the (already problematic) stat tracking.

Contrary to popular belief on these forums, most potential Dota customers want to play Dota casually for fun. They're not going to do that if they're afraid to queue for pubs because they don't want a W/L being shown. This idea of showing even more stats, making them public, and then using them to judge a player's worth is the opposite of what this community needs.
    ◕_◕

Banned
    Actually, if match making is tweaked, a 5 stack should only face another 5 stack. Worked very well in HoN and took care of 5 man pub stacking rather handily.

IF you stack with 4, then you should face another stack of 3 or 4. Matchmaking can take care of your lousy blanket statement.

I'm a long time Dota1 player

I have played HoN since I got tired of leavers on garena. I have 2 K/D in HoN (4 K+A/D), ~1800 PSR and +50% winrate (solo queue mostly). If you don't believe me you can check my account, same name as I have here (tho I haven't played in months).

I absolutely DETEST the HoN stats and don't want anything like it in dota 2. If a guy that is absolutely fantastic balanar, or skeleton king and picks up invoker for the first time I know he's gonna SUCK balls regardless of how good he can right-click people down with heroes that don't require a lot of skill to use.

So, do I want a guy that tries to conserve his PRECIOUS K/D ratio so much that he decides to camp the fountain the moment he senses he might not win on my team? HELL NO. This is a very, VERY common scenario on HoN and I do NOT want that in Dota 2.

Keep the stat system as it is, just wins, and a player level to show us how much experience he has.

this - topic closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    Wrong, the "truth" is always somewhere in the middle. Only fanboys deal in absolutes.
    it's called "the golden road"
    Shut your and keep reading

Basic Member
    >Average k/d
    No, this would defeat the purpose of a team-based game

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PieOnEar View Post
    >Average k/d
    No, this would defeat the purpose of a team-based game
    Explain further please. Why would this defeat the purpose of a team-based game?

Should we delete replays, statistics of the last played games also? I mean, what if someone actually saw that you manuvered that 0/20 riki?

Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    Explain further please. Why would this defeat the purpose of a team-based game?

Should we delete replays, statistics of the last played games also? I mean, what if someone actually saw that you manuvered that 0/20 riki?
    There are some people who love to place support and are good at it too. Some of those people who are very good at support will never take a single kill and let the kill go to the carry. Thus getting the carry massively farmed and wining the game.

K/D < W/D ratios