Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adding "Incoming!" sound to AA's ulti = nerf?

Adding "Incoming!" sound to AA's ulti = nerf?

Ancient apparition's ulti didn't really have sounds back in dota 1, but doesn't introducing them (the way they currently are) nerf it a bit (too much)?

Right now, you are able to hear when the projectile is on the way, which allows you to run. How do you think the ultimate should behave?

What do you say about removing the "on the way" sound which allows you to dodge the ultimate?

A suggestion would be to make the sound be heard much later. Like, if you can now hear the ultimate at about 2 seconds before it hits, how about being able to hear it for only 1 or half a second before impact?
    Last edited by JagdPanther69; 02-14-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Basic Member
    hey there,

just wanted to push this "issue" since today i got a game were basically 50% of my aa ulti got doged by the enemy team.

on asking how they managed to do so they simplay replied "lol u can hear aa ulti coming from a mile away".

i tested it with some friends using headsets and medium sound volume. you can hear his ulti like 3000-4000 yards before it hits...

totally rediculous in comparison to the original spell from dota 1.

any thoughts on this matter?

Basic Member
    same could be said about ursa's overpower roar.
    i like the changes tbh.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

I think it ridicolously nerfs AA. The team should get the sound, but the enemy shouldn't. Or at least not that early.

Quote Originally Posted by thyL View Post
    I think it ridicolously nerfs AA.
    How so?

A very minor nerf, maybe, but I wouldn't say it's a big deal.
    You can still just disable the enemy team to hold them there for the ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittsies View Post
    How so?

A very minor nerf, maybe, but I wouldn't say it's a big deal.
    You can still just disable the enemy team to hold them there for the ultimate.
    Yea, try to snipe people with that sound -everyone with a brain just goes out of the usual way and is -most of the time- fine. And in this very same scenario you can't disable people all the time, especially when you want to kill someone whitout teammates around.

Basic Member
    Never noticed anyone dodging ults, when I am using it or having it used against me. I always hit people, and always get hit.

At least his initial marker is completely invisible. So that's a buff to offset the nerf.
    Welcome to Left 4 Portal Strike of the Fortress 2: Episode 3.

Basic Member
    Suggestion: only allies should hear this. 'cause this is indeed an uncalled-for light nerf.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoman View Post
    Never noticed anyone dodging ults, when I am using it or having it used against me. I always hit people, and always get hit.
    try playing with headphones. you will hear the sound and be able to dodge it...