Thread: Orb Effect's tooltip

Question Orb Effect's tooltip

Why there are no more Orb Effects tooltip...?
    for someone that is playing dota for 5 years like me... that doesnt make any difference, but for new players its going to be hard to get the concept of orb effects and learn the Orb Effect Itens without the tooltip.

(yes, I used the search, and no, I didnt find anything)

they're called unique attack modifiers now

Even so... it should be highlighted dont you think?

Basic Member
    My opinion on this is that Attack Modifier is not a keyword that could be connecting items that do not work with each other.
    From playing Dota I know what items use Orb-effects and therefore I know what Unique Attack Modifier means but if I where a new player I would surely not understand what it means until I have played a couple of games (say 50-100 O.o)

When looking at the description of Unique Attack Modifiers:

Multiple modifiers do not stack; one modifier always takes priority. The order of priority is as follows:
    Conditional Modifiers - Modifiers that only occur on some attacks and are not controlled by the player, such as Maelstrom (chance-based), Mjollnir (chance-based), and Geminate Attack (cooldown-based)
    Ability Modifiers - Modifiers granted by Hero abilities*
    Standard Modifiers - Modifiers granted by items, with the first acquired taking priority

I don't have a good suggestion of how to name them at the moment but something needs to be done to make these stand out a bit and what UAM(Unique Attack Modifiers) stacks and what doesn't stack.

Either change the "glow/aura" of the item-icon to show "THIS IS ORB, DO NOT USE TWO WITH THIS AURA OR IT WILL F* YOU UP" or something a bit less "in-your-face notification"..

Suggestion's would be color-orb(green for items that use conditional attacks, red for items with Standard modifiers) or just retake the name Orb-effect and throw in numerals or primary/secondary/tertiary orb-effect or whatever, but in my opinion this needs clarification for new players to understand this.

In dota 1 I think it took me about 100 games + help from friends/in game-players to point me towards what Orb-effects that worked and did not work together..

Quote Originally Posted by Arcaniz View Post
    My opinion on this is that Attack Modifier is not a keyword that could be connecting items that do not work with each other.
    From playing Dota I know what items use Orb-effects and therefore I know what Unique Attack Modifier means but if I where a new player I would surely not understand what it means until I have played a couple of games (say 50-100 O.o)

When looking at the description of Unique Attack Modifiers:

Multiple modifiers do not stack; one modifier always takes priority. The order of priority is as follows:
    Conditional Modifiers - Modifiers that only occur on some attacks and are not controlled by the player, such as Maelstrom (chance-based), Mjollnir (chance-based), and Geminate Attack (cooldown-based)
    Ability Modifiers - Modifiers granted by Hero abilities*
    Standard Modifiers - Modifiers granted by items, with the first acquired taking priority

I don't have a good suggestion of how to name them at the moment but something needs to be done to make these stand out a bit and what UAM(Unique Attack Modifiers) stacks and what doesn't stack.

Either change the "glow/aura" of the item-icon to show "THIS IS ORB, DO NOT USE TWO WITH THIS AURA OR IT WILL F* YOU UP" or something a bit less "in-your-face notification"..

Suggestion's would be color-orb(green for items that use conditional attacks, red for items with Standard modifiers) or just retake the name Orb-effect and throw in numerals or primary/secondary/tertiary orb-effect or whatever, but in my opinion this needs clarification for new players to understand this.

In dota 1 I think it took me about 100 games + help from friends/in game-players to point me towards what Orb-effects that worked and did not work together..
    I like your suggestion specially the: Conditional Modifiers
    Its annoying when they dont understand why you have two Attack Modifiers... and start yelling at you: "It doesnt work!" "Sell one F****** Attack modifier"

Sigh... -.-

I will write a little list in the sticky.