Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion]Pressing H twice makes you stop completely

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bQvleztar View Post
    Why not just use "H" for hold position, stop autoattack.
    and "S" for stop/cancel, keep autoattacking.

Write this in console, or include it in your CFG if you want probber "hold/stop" functionallity, like almost every other game.
    bind "s" "dota_player_units_auto_attack 1;dota_stop" //Stop Aggressive
    bind "h" "dota_player_units_auto_attack 0;dota_hold" //Hold Passive
    Damn, i dont get that to work i added those lines in config.cfg. Have tested autoattack on and off in options! A for attack and H for hold postion. Any clue?

No, requiring two presses for one action is too many.

i like what S does right now,
    it pretty much STOPS your character, once. and then it lets them autoacquire targets, etc. this is important for last hitting (for me, at least)

H is also important with what it does right now
    imagine a bloodseeker comes to hit you. you want to stand still, but hit him. what it does right now is fine.

I want some way to stop everything. i figured H (x2) would work the best because you just have to double tap. if you're standing still, all you need to do is hit H again to stop everything. you can hit S to stop holding position.

sorry about my long, bad grammar sentences. lol
    but you get the idea

Quote Originally Posted by hsdvo View Post
    i like what S does right now,
    it pretty much STOPS your character, once. and then it lets them autoacquire targets, etc. this is important for last hitting (for me, at least)
    Pressing S stops you once....which is basically useless. What is the point of stopping if the hero is going to move on his own anyway?
    Imagine pressing S next to a creep - it's just as if you've never told him to stop in the first place, it will move in order to acquire target.
    It will return to his original position (behind the tower, for example) ONLY IF the enemy units are not engaged by yours and that can get you killed.

Also double tap is bad, I mean seriously bad. Lot of things can screw it up - PC lag, delay, people forgetting in battles that they pressed a button twice which would result in a button spam just to be safe, bad keyboards, etc. etc. Then there's accidental pressing of the button twice when you wanted to press it once which would result in having to move and press the button again. No, double tap should not seriously be considered for any action.

I understand some people might want to keep the current functionality of the S button (move and auto-attack but go back once there are no more enemy units in sight) but in that case the only other options are a new button or Shift+H.
    Last edited by popovich; 03-01-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Typo.
    CPU: Core i5 6400 @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 1333MHz
    MB: ASUS H110M-K
    AV: n/a

Basic Member
    -1 this is not necessary, you can use move "M" if u got stuck in trees, and u will not auto attack,, simply as that...

Basic Member
    +1

+1

Great idea.

Basic Member
    This would probably help reduce all those silly half-swings that people do when trying to time a last-hit. So t-up for that!

Currently, it's common to see people tap 's' or 'h' when waiting for a last hit, and it makes their hero look retarded. They just keep waving their weapon around like an idiot, making swoosh sounds without actually attacking... until eventually they stop pressing the button so that they can get the last-hit.

I think it would be much better if they could press a button to prevent auto-attack completely, and then release the button to resume autoattacking. So that instead of swoosh-swoosh-swoosh half-swing attacks, the hero would just stand still. So my suggestion is to make it so that autoattack is turned off while 'h' or 's' is pressed down; and when it is released, autoattack can resume.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzar View Post
    Damn, i dont get that to work i added those lines in config.cfg. Have tested autoattack on and off in options! A for attack and H for hold postion. Any clue?
    pretty late answer, but if anyone still has the problem i guess ill write the answer.

you have to put it in you Autoexec.cfg, then you need to bind a key to execute your autoexec.cfg (it is executed automaticly, but your ingame binds will overwrite the new once).
    so when you are ingame, you have to press your "exec autoexec.cfg" key.

I have it bound to F4, and i press F4 in every single game i play, to get probber Hold/Stop functionallity.

it might work without the need of loading cfg, if you remove your ingame binds of H and S.