Thread: hero attack sounds

Basic Member

hero attack sounds

hero attack sounds are very generic and quite silent. when a hero hits, it's with full force, thus it should be louder and not as loud as a treant smack. also the attack sounds should be more distinguishable, from swing start to the final impact.

play around kunkka/omniknight for melee and potm/necrolyte for ranged, in dota1, to see more clearly what im talking about.

cheers
    Last edited by rawr300kg; 10-07-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Basic Member
    I'm fine with how it is right now, I don't like loud noises in the game.

Basic Member
    well, I guess I didn't put this the right way. I'm not saying to make them 140db, but just a bit louder than random creeps smacks and definietly more unique so you actually HEAR when a hero attacks something around creeps/in a fight... not because it's much more noisy but because the attack sound is DIFFERENT.
    Last edited by rawr300kg; 10-07-2011 at 09:14 AM.

i agree theres lots of powerfull skills with low sound like sven ulti when you attack you hear a low sword hit it need to be louder

Banned
    Razor's attack sound doesn't sound like striking with lightning. I agree with the OP. Perhaps the hero attack sound is not high enough, it will make us feel weird~

Basic Member
    Slardar's attack sounds unusual and unfitting for being hit with a giant trident.

Basic Member
    yes yes yes yes thanks guys. I'm trying to report this issue for a while. I'll open threads for each hero but right now, the attack sounds are VERY VERY bad. Except for 5 to 10 heroes which are "ok", the other ones have terrible sci-fi rocket like sounds.

Basic Member
    I agree with this change, the attack sounds as of current are pretty quiet, i'd like them to be a bit louder then a creep hit.