Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need option to disable Kill Cam - I BEG YOU.

Basic Member

Need option to disable Kill Cam - I BEG YOU.

Title of topic says it all.

Just give us an option to disable kill cam. I don't need to see that crap. I get mad enough while playing this game I don't need to see a big portrait of the guy who killed me.

Although I loved to see what damaged me, the current killcam takes up much more area on the screen, unnecessarily.

I say it would be awesome if it was just a tiny box, which would be expandable. In the expanded box, the ICONS (not 3D avatars!) of the killer and assisters would appear, together with the skills that dealt damage. All icons would show tooltips when mouse-over'ed, saying the names of the skills of the icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratubas View Post
    Although I loved to see what damaged me, the current killcam takes up much more area on the screen, unnecessarily.

I say it would be awesome if it was just a tiny box, which would be expandable. In the expanded box, the ICONS (not 3D avatars!) of the killer and assisters would appear, together with the skills that dealt damage. All icons would show tooltips when mouse-over'ed, saying the names of the skills of the icons.
    something like this would be good, mb put it somewhere in the HUD, theres still enough space.

try putting

dota_killcam_show 0
    dota_sf_hud_killcam 0

into your autoexec.cfg
    or try entering it in the console. haven't tested it, but could work.
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Basic Member
    +1

There should be a way to minimize it, and have it remember the last state for future deaths in all future games.
    There should be a way to completely disable it in settings.

It's good idea (even if i don't like it much, but i'm sure many of rage-kids love it), but seriously, this BIG? ... 25% of current size should be enough
    (+ the option to diable it in settings / move to corner, like small banner - with only "killer: <name> - 'show more' button").
    Last edited by ExecutorQ3; 02-19-2012 at 05:50 AM.
    General Ranked Matchmaking Feedback Thread - Share your experience.
    Which modes should be available in ranked matchmaking? - Let's try to make something important happen.

Phase 1: Collect Underpants
    Phase 2: ?
    Phase 3: Profit

I like the idea of it, but it's really huge and lasts forever when you want to see things when you're dead.

In LoL (shit-storm incoming) damage report looks a lot better. It is closed by default and looks like a thin toolbar. You can un-wrap it (image) to see info on your killer and up to two assisters.
    Now, it's not ideal in LoL since it placed right in the middle of the screen, so it would be the best if it was similar thin button, but was attached to top or left side of the screen and could be un-wrapped to full size.

Basic Member
    I agree with this, 90 s dead. 90 s watching a large avatar.

It is really annoying to look who killed you, until you respawn I am not sure how i did this but today it seems it is disabled for me somehow.