Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inaccurate stats?

Basic Member

Inaccurate stats? + Wrong "most successful heroes" tab.

Well, the problem is simple. My current stats are 7wins/7losses/0abandoned.

However, if you go to the hero page and add the individual results, it adds up to 7wins 6 losses.

This means one of the following:

1) I got a loss with a hero that wasn't properly added in that hero's individual stats. (If yes, can I fix it to be properly displayed?)

2) I got an extra loss for no reason at all (Again, can it be erased?)

3) I got a loss in a game without ever picking a hero. However, I don't remember such a game, and with a quick look in my match history I can't find such a game.

The problem is, I wasn't playing much DotA 2 due to bad PC. I recently got a new one and I can now play properly, and there is a high probability this is an older issue I only recently noticed. I wasn't playing many real matches with my old PC because it was near unplayable, and I mainly played some practice matches with bots.

To conclude, is there a way to know what is the deal with the stats and fix it? If not, can I reset those? I am one of those guys that hate inaccurate stats. Imo, it beats the very purpose of stats in the first place. Also, does anyone know if there a re more detailed stats coming? (kill/death/assist total and ratio, raxx kills, tower kills etc, and maybe detailed individual hero stats).

Thanks a lot for any responses.
    Last edited by Bloodmoth; 02-20-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Basic Member
    Anyone that can shed some light on this? Really puzzled about how win/loss work in this game, and if there is a way to fix them / reset them. Problem persists, I am currently 14/14 but wins/losses add up to 14/13.

Also yesterday I won a game which didn't count as a win, I was Pudge and there were leavers. We ended up 4v3. Other games where there are leavers are accounted properly, when my teammates leave I get a proper losss when game ends.

Sorry if the questions are noobish, but I really want to know how the whole stat system works, if there is a way to fix it, and if there are plans to make it deeper and more sophisticated than a sheer win/loss record.

Ah, one last thing: "Most Successful Heroes" thing is wrong. It accounts my 4-2 Pudge and 2-0 Sniper (correct), and my 1-2 Gondar, when I have many heroes 1-0...

Banned
    I also have this issue. I got two losses for games that aren't in the "heroes I played with" list because they are so much time ago that they were bugged a little (both games ended before 15th minute thanks to leavers/no punishment for leavers). However, I can see the matches in the game history tab of my dota profile.

The "most successfull heroes" maybe shows your "most played heroes"? At least it does for me (Showing my 2-1 Jakiro, but not my 2-0 Kunkka).
    Last edited by Typhox; 02-20-2012 at 03:17 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    I also have this issue. I got two losses for games that aren't in the "heroes I played with" list because they are so much time ago that they were bugged a little (both games ended before 15th minute thanks to leavers/no punishment for leavers). However, I can see the matches in the game history tab of my dota profile.

The "most successfull heroes" maybe shows your "most played heroes"? At least it does for me (Showing my 2-1 Jakiro, but not my 2-0 Kunkka).

Hmmm... Your explanation about the extra losses sounds reasonable (still, can someone confirm?). But, if that's the case, I want that loss erased so that actual stats and "heroes I played with" coincide. I know it sounds weird, but that thing bugs me for some reason xD.

As far as the successful heroes thing goes, if that's the case they should change that to really display the most successful heroes and not the most played. Entirely different things. Or MAYBE (just a theory here) it is set not to display heroes with 1-0 but heroes with more games. (Still, when it displayed my 1-2 gondar it should display my 1-1 Zeus instead, even if it didn't count all my 1-0 heroes). In any case, it needs fixing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmoth View Post
    In any case, it needs fixing.
    Exactly. Maybe post it into bug reports subforum?

Basic Member
    Developers have better things to do with their time than fix your w/l record, especially since it's all going to get erased at the end of the beta anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tootboot View Post
    Developers have better things to do with their time than fix your w/l record, especially since it's all going to get erased at the end of the beta anyway.
    The W/L record should be consistent. The total sum should always equal the sum of all single sums.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tootboot View Post
    It's not about MY record. It is about stats in general. For your information, inaccurate stats are worse than no stats at all. And ofc I know its beta etc, all I asked was if there was a way to reset/fix it myself by console command or smth, I didn't ask for Icefrog or Gabe personally to stop whatever they are doing to erase my loss. I would do the same if it was a win, believe me. And if anything, I'd wish way more detailed stats in the final version.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    The W/L record should be consistent. The total sum should always equal the sum of all single sums.
    I agree but as long it works by retail I can't bring myself to care too much about the occasional phantom loss.

Basic Member
    I agree but as long it works by retail...
    That's the point of opening threads here in the first place man...