Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 151

Thread: [SUGGESTION] : Notify Team of who Activated Glyph

  1. #1
    Basic Member MetuZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    46

    Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] : Notify Team of who Activated Glyph

    I think it'd be a great idea that it tells you the player who activated the Glyph. "Player Name has activated Dire's Glyph". Just a thought, as always thanks!
    -MetuZ
    MetuZ prounced Met-tus like lettuce
    We Are Oracle

  2. #2
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7
    At the best case scenario the message is meaningless. 99% of the time it will just create more animosity within your own team. There's already too much of that as it stands.

  3. #3
    Basic Member MetuZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by namesea View Post
    At the best case scenario the message is meaningless. 99% of the time it will just create more animosity within your own team. There's already too much of that as it stands.
    If anything it allows you to submit appropriate feedback about the player, which seems to be a major concern in the development of DotA 2.
    -MetuZ
    MetuZ prounced Met-tus like lettuce
    We Are Oracle

  4. #4
    Volunteer Moderator slowreflex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,065
    I agree with your proposal. I think only the person on the team that activates the glyph should see who did it though, similar to when someone activates a rune. It would probably make it less likely to be abused and for people to think more about using it. Also, if someone uses it at the incorrect time, then others will know who to give advice to. Yes, there will be some flaming in game as a result of this as well, but I think overall it could be a good thing.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

  5. #5
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    173
    -1 there is no reason to have this. When the team is winning nobody really cares if someone turn the glyph for abuses. When the team is losing, even a bad glyph timing with good intention would draw fire as people tend to look for the tiniest mistakes others did in order for them to play the blame game.
    Last edited by langtutheky; 02-19-2012 at 10:05 AM.

  6. #6
    Basic Member MetuZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by langtutheky View Post
    -1 there is no reason to have this
    There is nothing worse than someone activating your glyph prematurely and your base gets stomped. And yeah slowreflex, only your team should be notified that you activated it.
    -MetuZ
    MetuZ prounced Met-tus like lettuce
    We Are Oracle

  7. #7
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by MetuZ View Post
    If anything it allows you to submit appropriate feedback about the player, which seems to be a major concern in the development of DotA 2.
    I don't get why you'd ever report based on who uses glyphs when. It seems petty and unnecessary to me.

    I'm going to interpolate this to the extreme and play the devil's advocate: what's next? Let others see your CS so you can report whoever went mid and not having 7CS per minute in the first three minutes?

    In either case, talk to your team. If you want glyph control, ask them. If you want to know if they're having problems in their lanes, ask them. If they're asking for help, well, stay in your own lane. You can report them for being a feeder later, am I right?

  8. #8
    Basic Member MetuZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by namesea View Post
    I don't get why you'd ever report based on who uses glyphs when. It seems petty and unnecessary to me.

    I'm going to interpolate this to the extreme and play the devil's advocate: what's next? Let others see your CS so you can report whoever went mid and not having 7CS per minute in the first three minutes?

    In either case, talk to your team. If you want glyph control, ask them. If you want to know if they're having problems in their lanes, ask them. If they're asking for help, well, stay in your own lane. You can report them for being a feeder later, am I right?
    You wouldn't give feedback and that's the point. I don't submit player reviews for players who do dumb things. I submit them based on teamwork and common sense. You're jumping to the conclusion that these players are to be reported for activating the glyph prematurely, when that is not the case. You're also assuming that everyone on your team is social, has good team work, and understands English.
    -MetuZ
    MetuZ prounced Met-tus like lettuce
    We Are Oracle

  9. #9
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by MetuZ View Post
    You wouldn't give feedback and that's the point. I don't submit player reviews for players who do dumb things. I submit them based on teamwork and common sense. You're jumping to the conclusion that these players are to be reported for activating the glyph prematurely, when that is not the case.
    I think everyone has a capacity to learn. Once in a while, it becomes obvious when a glyph has been activated prematurely (e.g., on a T3 tower when 3-4 defending heroes are dead vs on raxes when 1-2 heroes are dead if the defending team had waited a bit).

    The good player will see this and if s/he did activate the glyph, then will do the better thing next time, with or without any provocations from their team chat.

    The good player who didn't activate the glyph could just quip in team chat "lol early glyph ^^" without directing it at anyone in particular. The glyph-er will see this and perhaps see the reason why based on the positioning and res timers. Even if the good player is a bit on the rude side, "wtf why did you glyph?" is less harmful when not directed to anyone.

    We don't need "wtf, enigma you stupid cunt, you fucking glyphed 12 seconds early you moron" just because they know who to direct their anger towards and that "trolling" is "fun".


    Quote Originally Posted by MetuZ View Post
    You're also assuming that everyone on your team is social, has good team work, and understands English.
    That kind of mentality is not going to make pub games any better-- especially for yourself. Not every silent players are bad, not every QUOTA2 players are necessarily bad, not every non English speakers are bad.

  10. #10
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    393
    +1

    From one point of view,if this option was included,then most of players wouldn't even use this,because of fear that they'll get flamed upon for activating it early.
    So,result is,only players who are sure that they know what are doing will activate them,since they'll know that they cant get "flamed" for it since they'll do it right.

    sure,at first,there will be those situations u mentioned above,when some1 activates it early.
    But later on,those same people wont do it again till they observe and learn when is a good time to use it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •