Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The new "Who killed You" feature is really nice but..

the 'Who killed you' will turn to the 'how you get killed' cam soon

Basic Member
    its annoying if you still have to micro leftover creeps as chen/enigma/etc after you die...and it obstructs our vision in general if you still want to see what's going on.
    If it were made to be like the scoreboard, slide-able away, would be cool. For example if I died the first time, it appears, I decide its getting in the way, I close it, it slides to the left of the screen leaving only a bit of the death report menu to indicate its there (or not), and doesn't come back again unless I re-open it, even after I die again. note the top status bar still has a lot of space for a button like the scoreboard that could be used to open/close it

It doesn't bother me that much, but there should be some option to hide/remove/disable that window.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow in the knee.

Basic Member
    +1 agree with Pomoch

how do you hide it?

Basic Member
    You can currently disable it completely with console commands - add
    dota_killcam_show 0
    dota_sf_hud_killcam 0
    to your autoexe.cfg.
    Setting those to 1 enabled it before the patch that made it enabled by default, so those commands should disable it.

Basic Member
    I think it's good that we can see the damage sources, but I really don't like the way the information is presented. The "you were killed by..." box is straight out of Team Fortress 2, and I don't think it fits the dota theme. To me, it looks ugly and it's kind of annoying.

I'd be happy enough if it just had a little 'x' box to close it, but I'd much prefer if it was changed completely. Perhaps it should be minimized by default, and the player would press a button or something to bring up the information.

+1 to disabling/hiding/removing/minimizing the "Who Killed You" window.

Kind of takes up too much space.

It also blocked some clicks I was attempting with some Furion treants after dying.

Basic Member
    It shouldn't really have the word "killed" in it. I know I died, I don't need to be reminded of it.