Thread: game does not create a clean config.cfg but creates a config.cfg that is 9 months old

Basic Member

game does not create a clean config.cfg but creates a config.cfg that is 9 months old

I can't make the game create a clean config.cfg.
    The game always creates the last config.cfg from the pre reborn cfg folder from 9 Months ago that is full of bullshit commands that got written in it by my old autoexec.
    Even when I delete the config.cfg file from the pre reborn cfg folder AND from the userdata folder the game still creates and uses this 9 months old config.cfg from the pre reborn times. The date of the file dota creates on its own is 9/2015

Not sure if intended, but In the reborn .cfg folder
    \steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota\cfg
    there is no config.cfg file

Can you please help me. I assume this old config.cfg is saved somehow in the cloud and is always placed when I delete it locally. I don't understand how the cloud ssaving stuff works exactly so I need your help.
    Last edited by Mordax; 06-09-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Basic Member
    could anyone at least give me a clean config? As I said when I delete all my configs the game creates an old config with some old commands that I used back then. And I can't go through every line and clean everything up.