Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1288

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiReX View Post
    I AVOID posting here for this kind of things, but this just went over the top.

A bit of backlog: I've been partying with a friend that has been on a 10 losing streak. He's not even bad, it's just either we can't carry because other lanes feed, or our carries can't carry even though we gank and do our roles.

THIS match though is ridiculous:

Match ID: 206901340 http://dotabuff.com/matches/206901340
    I went Lina and my friend Bane. We didn't mind the lanes composition (because really, with the kind of players we are paired with, we don't expect ANYTHING from them) so we went hard lane to prevent Void from having a good time. We killed him, we roamed, we warded, etc. What went wrong this time? Our carries couldn't carry.

That seems just like an average Dota game, that shit happens, etc. but NOT when you've been on a 10 losing streak. I really don't know if Valve just likes to fuck with player's psyche or if just stupid. http://dotabuff.com/players/62546798 My dotabuff so you can see my "nice" games.

How come other players can get their asses carried but we ALWAYS have to carry our teams?
    I think you are misunderstanding something. There are three lanes. So there are three waves of exp/gold. You are aware that the other three players are carries. So the two of you should have split up and one supported the top lane, and the other the bot lane. I'm not surprised that a 2 carry lane failed hard, since one or both of them would be quite underfarmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Basic Member
    My computer just crashed, took 2 minutes to restart, then steam took me 4 minutes to launch, nobody on my team paused, abandoned. Really fucking sick of this shit. I came back and they all said they didn't pause, this system really needs to change.

Basic Member
    Match ID 219186195

Someone came to my door and I asked the team to pause so I could answer it. I was away for 5 min and when I got back I had an abandon. The other team had unpaused. How is this fair? I get an abandon because other people have no manners? Also it ruins my stats for the game and for the hero. I don't think I deserve an abandon for this.

So let me get this straight: From what I've read, I will not receive a win if we prevail 4v5 since there was an early abandon but I will receive a loss if some douche disconnects during game and we lose 4v5? So fair. And for some reason I have an abandon that has actually never happened. Is it even possible to fix this?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/221184884

Matches like this shouldn't count. Some guy on our team gives FB then rage quits in the first minute (or two). After 5 mins he's finally kicked, and it says it's safe to leave w/ stats counting. Being in this situation is worse than starting as 4v5. The deaths are from after I "safe to leave" disconnected, usual suicide runs by some jackass after I've completely left the game.
    cool_slowbro

Basic Member
    The 5 minutes counter should be stop when we clicked on the reconnect button, getting an abandonned game because you got a loading screen of 30sec should not happens.

Match ID: 224374459
    Problem: A player from my team abandoned the game after he picked his hero. The game lasted 1:30 minutes and no kills were made so ofc we disconnected and I got a Lose for nothing wen it was safe to leave with no frags made.
    Is this normal since the last update?

Basic Member
    Add a message to warn for abandons for afking in base. It exists in League of Legends (sorry guys, I know.) and it's useful when you're 5 friends in a pre-made game and every single person has given up. Of course everybody could disconnect the same second (which is true agreement) but there was no disconnect button for us (fix that AND add a message in base). Cheers.

Basic Member
    I get the whole point of the abandonment system and I know it cant be perfect. But what you guys have to understand is that someone cant just but everything else on hold for a game. I get if an emergency comes up and you have to leave that its not technically fair for them to get abandon (but if you know emergencies are likely to happen in such close proximity to each other that causes 2 abandon's then you shouldnt play Dota 2). But say if you think 'Oh yeah i havent got to go out for another hour and a half i'l just play a game of Dotes' and then the game goes on for 2 hours a player has to leave.... This happened to me. First game 1 day ago, the game crashed, i had to leave, come back, reload steam and as we all know steam isnt the most efficient client and is slow to load on even the fastest of computers. This caused me to get abandon (which i had no problem with) but then today a game went on for a long amount of time and i had to leave for important personal issues. When the game gets over an average length of time (average game of Dota is normally 30-45 mins), I asked my friends to try and finish fast fast so i didnt get another abandon. But because other players on my team wanted to cock about and fountain camp i got abandon. There needs to be a rule instituted that means if the game goes over a certain amount of time (say 50 mins) or if your team has over a (x amount of gold lead) then you cant get abandon for leaving. As the whole point of abandon is to stop people from negatively affecting gameplay by leaving. If you put a gold lead on for the other team then it doesnt really matter. As the other team cant really catch up and the game could be finished at any time. In combination with the poor system and players cocking about caused me to get low priority (also another bug bare when it says '1 day LP' but infact the stupid counter doesnt start for another 12 hours. So you actually have like 36 hours of low priority all because of something that is out of your control over a match which your team was going to win anyway and you leaving has no affect on what so ever). As you can probably tell... VERY ANNOYED.

Basic Member
    I agree with Sekys_123 and have had similar problems occur.

I honestly feel like there exists a much more eloquent solution to the abandonment system. One that punishes people who really are rage-quitters or afkers.

DOTA 2 needs to step back from a black and white view of people who disconnect or afk. Especially when they come back and win the game.

There's no incentive to stay for the game if for some reason you got the abandonment status but still want to play.

TLDR: Punish real problem players (who don't want to come back) and have a system that revokes the abandonment if the player stays/makes a sufficient contribution.