Page 104 of 129 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1288

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Basic Member
    Pls Volvo....

I have played above 2500 games and have 3 abandons. So my abandon rate should be something like 0,1%. Maybe the matchmaking system shouldnt match me with people that are above a certain percentage of abandons.
    I don't want to play with guys that abandon the game for whatever reason.

Fact of the matter is, an automated AFK system can only do so much. An arbitrary XP requirement doesn't mean the player is contributing or even at the keyboard. As long as a player is performing some action in-game, they should not be flagged as AFK. Full stop. You can argue a bot could make a player walk in circles, but it's just as easy for a bot to follow another hero and stay in XP range. If someone is this desperate to be AFK but dodge detection, then player-reports come into play.

Playing as Clockwerk. Match ID: 273613504
    After having a rough early/mid game revolving mostly around intercepting enemy ganks and a few failed gank attempts, the enemy fails to take high-ground and we begin split-pushing and sieging their base. As I'm a primary target every time I poke my head out, I decide to stay well back and let my flares and flare vision ensure I don't grant them a free kill. Not only that, but as levels really don't help Clockwerk much .It's almost always better that I help feed the actual carries and take the gold they miss for support items. Then I "abandon" the game and the enemy leaves. Awesome. So we win, I "lose" and every single player on my team not only agrees I did well but believes it was key to winning. Hell, even the last enemy player did.

You can argue there are workarounds to this, and that's true, however it's also true that they all place you at a higher risk of ganks attempting to prevent the push. The simple fact here is that they're workarounds for a system that need-not exist. You should not be punished for an "abandon" when you are indeed actively helping your team in a team-based game.

Fix Solutions are not new, but here are a few.
    1) Auto-AFK relies purely on player-activity. If they're active, it does nothing. Let players report folks dodging the AFK.
    2) Creep Kills, Damage Done, Skills Used and similar should flag you as active.
    3) A lazy fix would be to at least warn players of this arbitrary, never-stated rule. The complaint folks have with this is it makes AFK easier to dodge...if they want to dodge it that bad, they'll just stick around in XP range.

TL;DR: Regardless of workarounds, the Abandon system is broken and should only punish those truly AFK. If you're tossing out several spells a minute, netting gold and not reported, you shouldn't be punished by an automated system. I don't expect many will care, but hopefully if enough cases such as this are reported, Valve will remedy the system without hurting it's intended purpose.

Basic Member
    It sometimes happens to me that I leave a game. (Never on purpose, my internet is not too stable, or an urgent cause leads me away from the computer.) Unfortunately, I have left recently and it had cost me 4 DAYS of low priority. 4 days is a lot of time, and I think that for leaving once mybe too harsh. The problem is I would say that youre at least 2x times more likely to either harass people or leave an LP game. As I was there three days, no problem so far, I played a game where an Anti-Mage intentionally fed the enemy pudge. (He even said about a dozen times in all chat "Kill me pudge" and blinked under the tower.) I broke down and flamed him. I got REPORTED and he didnt as I got no notification for token action. RESULT: I got +4 days in Low priority, he got nothing.
    I am not saying I am innocent, but I am saying there is at least something wrong with the system.

Basic Member
    I have been pushed to low priority matchmaking pool, even after i joined the game.

It started with me experiencing power cut during a match and i could not join before the match finished, naturally i was put in low priority matchmaking pool.

Now this happened on 13 August 2013 around 21:30 of Indian standard time. During my ban i started playing with my friends and during the match i lost connection to steam (I do not know whether the problem was with my ISP or the dota server). I rejoined the game after about 5 minutes. To my surprise now the matchmaking screen showed that my duration in low priority matchmaking pool was increased by a day.

It didn't stop at that during the same match i was kicked out again and now the matchmaking screen showed 2 days of ban.

It happened again in another match, now my account is currently in 3 day low priority matchmaking.

My question is why the number of days were increased despite i rejoined the game. I understand the ban of 24 hrs when i had power cut, but increasing the duration even after re joining the match seems unfair.

Basic Member
    suggestion:
    If Abandon issued player reconnects and actively helps win the game, his Abandon will be nullified and he will not receive a loss for that game. (he will not receive win either) This rewards players (with troubled internet connection) for staying and in a long run helps differentiate between connection problems and willful Abandon/ragequit.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddish View Post
    Maybe the matchmaking system shouldnt match me with people that are above a certain percentage of abandons.
    I don't want to play with guys that abandon the game for whatever reason.
    good point, I am all for that

Basic Member
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=102455

I got low prio on 1 day. Ok.

I start play in low prio. Some guy quit the game, and i click to disconnect. And I got 2 days low prio!!!!
    I finished many games and get again more days low prio for every game. Now i have 10 days. Wtf VALVE ???. Can administration solve the problem. Im not leaving the game, many of that game i won. Why in every game im getting another days of low prio ??? It cannot be report of an others players, i think its a bug.
    http://dotabuff.com/players/27680687

Sorry for bad english.

Basic Member
    And again... http://dotabuff.com/matches/275934117
    Rikimaru leave the game, i click to safety disconnect - and GET ANOTHER DAY OF LOW PRIO!!!

I CANT PLAY, CUZ I GETTING FOR EVERY GAME 1 DAY OF LOW PRIO. No matter win i game or lose, or safety dc - 1 day low prio for every game! Administration can u help me?

Basic Member
    Will my wins counter on my profile ever match the correct amount of wins I have? because currently I have 14 wins but it only reflects 10, I just started and I wanna show my friend that I'm excelling past him and he started a month ago.

Basic Member
    Remove my low priority please? my steam id : andrewtapawan
    my latest game with Invoker . An unexpected blackout happened on my case and then took minutes for the power to come back again . " It's unexpected , I promise. "