Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Danny89 View Post
    Based on my experience playing 500+ DOTA2 games & thousands of DotA games, I think the above statement is not true, especially when we play as stack..
    Alot people even played 4v5 & win games..
    It is true, because it's my experience. Your experience is true for you. I play solo pubs, not stacks.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Quote Originally Posted by Danny89 View Post
    Of cause external IP -.-
    I am from Malaysia & the norm here is using 1mbps DSL line with Dynamic IP..
    Anything starts with 192.168. refers to your internal ip range. LOL.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post
    It is true, because it's my experience. Your experience is true for you. I play solo pubs, not stacks.
    True But i still never give up on my games.. After all, it's DEFENSE of the Ancients.. Just play like Tower Defense

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post
    Anything starts with 192.168. refers to your internal ip range. LOL.
    ?????? Anything wrong?
    I connect using PPPoE, each reconnection = different IP..

Why do we get punished for others leaving? Is there really a point in saying, "It is now safe to leave this game" if you still get marked for a loss regardless? I know that due to that feature you don't get marked for an abandon, but still, no need to punish those who actually stuck around long enough to wait for the leaver to come back.

If anything, put it to a vote. If someone leaves, and the timer runs out, throw up a vote. If one person votes to end the match, then end it and don't count it towards abandons or losses. If they all vote to stay in, then reinstate the leaver system and start from step 1 again (if someone else leaves, it throws up another vote after 5 minutes).

Doing the above would allow for people to not be punished by bad team mates that refuse to stick around for the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post

^^^ Exactly this.

I just got 3 losses in a row because of leavers. Two were 4v5 (one of which I left after the 5 minute marker), and one of which was a 3v5. All in the same day might I add. Oh, and this was with only a 2/5 premade.
    Last edited by Neo_Bahamut_19; 03-03-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Basic Member
    I think you should do like this if I get dc'd cause of my bad internet and then Im gone in 5 mins cause my team doesnt pause then I reconnect even tough I got abandon and I play the full game and Im doing a good job and a big impact on the game and wins still I get abandon :/

Quote Originally Posted by AidsIhave View Post
    I think you should do like this if I get dc'd cause of my bad internet and then Im gone in 5 mins cause my team doesnt pause then I reconnect even tough I got abandon and I play the full game and Im doing a good job and a big impact on the game and wins still I get abandon :/
    If you're having issues with connection stability, contact your ISP (I recently had to do this with Crapcast). Regardless of whether or not you can d/c, coming back 10 minutes later can often times put a team at a huge disadvantage anyways. The longer it takes you to come back, the more of a disadvantage the rest of your team is usually at. For example, if you were to come back 25 minutes later, you'd (depending on the Hero you chose) end up just being fodder for the other team. By the time you got even somewhat caught up to where the rest of the team was at when you joined, they'll usually be way ahead of you yet again. That is at least until the cap, but the game usually ends a good bit before several people have hit the cap.

So honestly, the best thing to do is just contact your ISP and make a complaint. If you're not the owner of the service you're using, then ask the person who is to make the call. Honestly, the very, very occasional (one in every 50+ games) abandon shouldn't be too bad. If you're disconnecting much more than that, then you're seriously impacting the games of other players in a negative way.

Basic Member
    Somethings obviously not working out if leavers are causing that much of an impact on games. I honestly believe it is because they do not have nearly enough time to reconnect, while 5 minutes may be a long time ingame, it can pass by quickly IRL.

What difference does it make if the enemy team has an advantage if a leaver comes back after 5 minutes, you're still going to get a lose for the match if you leave when it's safe to disconnect. At least you can make an effort in trying to make a comeback with the disconnected player back. But if the disconnected player doesn't make in time, he isn't going to feel obligated to play because he already has the abandon and lose.

All this is doing is punishing players for having any kind of problems whatsoever.
    Last edited by zrank; 03-03-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zrank View Post
    Somethings obviously not working out if leavers are causing that much of an impact on games. I honestly believe it is because they do not have nearly enough time to reconnect, while 5 minutes may be a long time ingame, it can pass by quickly IRL.

What difference does it make if the enemy team has an advantage if a leaver comes back after 5 minutes, you're still going to get a lose for the match if you leave when it's safe to disconnect. At least you can make an effort in trying to make a comeback with the disconnected player back. But if the disconnected player doesn't make in time, he isn't going to feel obligated to play because he already has the abandon and lose.

All this is doing is punishing players for having any kind of problems whatsoever.

All this is doing is punishing players for being randomly paired with people that leave due to any problems what so ever or raging.

Fixed that for you. You do have one legitimate thought though, the reconnect timer does need extended.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Bahamut_19 View Post
    Fixed that for you. You do have one legitimate thought though, the reconnect timer does need extended.
    That was the only point to my post? Those who quit due to rage/something wrong with team will stay disconnected. The ones who are actually making an effort to come back don't have enough time and are getting punished for it.