Page 14 of 129 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rhen View Post
    Getting an abandon and a loss because the game goes snakeshit and won't let me reconnect is very not cool. It's even less cool when I get low priority mm immediately after that.

I'm all about punishing leavers and doing it harshly, but when something like this happens and it's out of the players control there needs to be a remedy.
    Was it just you or everyone? If it was a server issue then it shouldn't count. If it was a client issue then it will count. Please utilize Performance and Tech Support if it's a client issue to try and resolve your issue. The game won't know if you are disconnecting from rage or have a client crash. Either way it effects the other players.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

"If there is an abandon at the beginning of the game then the game will not count as a Win or Loss for either team. This is when the safe to leave message occurs before 05:00 (TBC)."

THIS DONT WORK :X :X :X :X just i left game as there was 3 disconnects, "this game is now safe to leave" this statement came, I played for 3-4 mins and then left. and you know what. it counted as a LOSS. wth is that? this isnt first tym this is happening, people ragequit if they are first blooded and I always get unnecessary losses for the love of god, FIX IT PLZ :'(

Quote Originally Posted by demolisher_zeus View Post
    "If there is an abandon at the beginning of the game then the game will not count as a Win or Loss for either team. This is when the safe to leave message occurs before 05:00 (TBC)."

THIS DONT WORK :X :X :X :X just i left game as there was 3 disconnects, "this game is now safe to leave" this statement came, I played for 3-4 mins and then left. and you know what. it counted as a LOSS. wth is that? this isnt first tym this is happening, people ragequit if they are first blooded and I always get unnecessary losses for the love of god, FIX IT PLZ :'(
    First of all take it easy :P

Second , were you on the team that had the player abandon?

So the safe to leave message came before the 5:00 mark? We are still clarifying the 5:00 rule (hence the TBC). What's the game ID?
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    THIS DONT WORK :X :X :X :X just i left game as there was 3 disconnects, "this game is now safe to leave" this statement came, I played for 3-4 mins and then left. and you know what. it counted as a LOSS. :'(
    Yes, that's misleading.

Basic Member
    after the whole enemy team disconnected, we won by default. however, when i looked at my stats it counted as we lost

Would you tell us game ID pretty please?

Basic Member
    One thing that is a little unfair, is the abandonment timer, 5 minutes to get back in game, after dota crashes is not enough, ever since this new update, i have crashed too much to care for, and the outcome led to me being put in low priority twice, for something that was neither my fault nor could i do anything more to get in faster, it's a little unfair to punish someone for something that they had no control over, especially since we have no way to appeal against it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ritual View Post
    One thing that is a little unfair, is the abandonment timer, 5 minutes to get back in game, after dota crashes is not enough, ever since this new update, i have crashed too much to care for, and the outcome led to me being put in low priority twice, for something that was neither my fault nor could i do anything more to get in faster, it's a little unfair to punish someone for something that they had no control over, especially since we have no way to appeal against it.
    If it takes more than 5 minutes and you're constantly getting crashes you should either stop queueing until you can resolve it in custom games or invest in new hardware.

Basic Member
    investing in new hardware is obviously not the priority, as nothing like this is happening since the new update, so no, that is not "the alternative".