Page 16 of 129 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Yes I also got this, got some disconnection problem. It wasn't my internet that stopped working but some sort of connection problem. When I was going to disconnect it didn't work. there was just a sign that showed dismissed. and now I get a loss and a leave when I shouldn't have gotten anything.

so this system isn't good, it should be able to recognize if there is a problem ingame or private problem that makes you leave the game. Now I got an unfair lose and leave to the list, and I got like 8 leaves now and they all thanks to some game problem (not private problems).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isanee View Post
    I got like 8 leaves now and they all thanks to some game problem (not private problems).
    What has led you to believe that it is a server side, not client side, error?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammett_4 View Post
    I didnt have the patience to read 15pages, so i hope i dont write sth that has been said before.Imo the win/loss/abandon system is pretty good and fair but it certenly needs some changes.
    1.First of all when u rejoin a game i suggest that the timer for getting leave should be reset and go back at 5min.
    2.Also at the regions where people's internet suck like m7nhes7en i think that it would be great for them to get 10min period until they get abandon.Imo this would happen only at their region because if some1 with a good internet connection hasnt entered within 5min, probably he is a leaver
    3.Last but not least i suggest that after 45min games an early abandonment i think is just wrong.i think after 45min it should be free to leave for 2 reasons:First of all it happened to me several times to have one more hour to play and i said:"OK.I have enough time".And bumb!This game lasts 70min.I know that this reason sounds silly, but it is true and i dont think this happens only to me.My second reason is that at a 45min game either it is totally balance so no1 will actually wont leave a great game, -unless he is feeding,but leaving will actually helped his team winning- or 1team is overwhelming the enemy team and they just dont wont to end it.This will give the opportunity for the lossers to leave the game with not getting any more flamed.Ofc leaving after 45min although i dont think it should count as abandon, i think it should count as defeat.
    Thats my opinion and i hope it is pretty clear for you to understand
    The problem with your suggestions is that they are all on the side of the person abandoning and not from the perspective of the team being affected.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Banned
    I got this energy problem last monday, where my internet connection just dropped down when the game was about 6 minutes, I was playing with an AM and had already about 30 last hits, and a kill.
    I got disconnected from the game, and got 1 abandon and a loss, even though it would be an easy win if i haven't been dced, so my questions are:
    Why have I received a loss from a game I got forbidden to play, and why have you said I should be punished as usually common leavers?(Getting me on 24h low priority IS saying that i'm a common leaver).
    Also, why a team that had a leaver on their team, is granted a defeat? That's not fair, because you're punishing innocent people.
    My suggestions are: Let the leaver's team decide if the player who got dced should get an abandon and a defeat or not, and don't give defeats to the team who got the leaver only WINS(if they win of course) and win or defeat to the team who hasn't got a leaver.
    You shouldn't punish innocent people.
    Last edited by AnAka; 03-14-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Ya, I got booted from my game because windows doesn't like to alert you when it wants to do updates, so my computer reset, and it took over 5 minutes to get it back on and check updates, and now I'm on a 24 hour low priority list. While it was in the first 10-15 minutes or so, 24 hours is way too harsh. The only other time I got an "abandon" was because 3 of the people on my team were feeding like crazy, a teammate was leaving, so I decided to leave too.

Basic Member
    i think they need to remove losses if you're on the 5 man team that leads afterwards.

it FORCES you to stay and play it out. and either A. itll be a boring stomp
    or B. you'll have to deal with s***talkers who manage to beat a poorly made team in AP 4 v5 ((which also will take 50+ minutes since you have more defensive power than them))

they really need to not count a win/loss for the non-leaver team for the abandon system to even exist and make sense.

Basic Member
    I think that the abandonment penalty is more than 24 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexcore View Post
    I think that the abandonment penalty is more than 24 hrs.
    Only if you keep abandoning while you are already in low-priority I believe. i.e. It starts at 24 hours, but can get worse.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAka View Post
    I got this energy problem last monday, where my internet connection just dropped down when the game was about 6 minutes, I was playing with an AM and had already about 30 last hits, and a kill.
    I got disconnected from the game, and got 1 abandon and a loss, even though it would be an easy win if i haven't been dced, so my questions are:
    Why have I received a loss from a game I got forbidden to play, and why have you said I should be punished as usually common leavers?(Getting me on 24h low priority IS saying that i'm a common leaver).
    Also, why a team that had a leaver on their team, is granted a defeat? That's not fair, because you're punishing innocent people.
    My suggestions are: Let the leaver's team decide if the player who got dced should get an abandon and a defeat or not, and don't give defeats to the team who got the leaver only WINS(if they win of course) and win or defeat to the team who hasn't got a leaver.
    You shouldn't punish innocent people.
    The problem with punishing "innocent" people is the way computers and the Internet works. The server can't know if you unplugged your modem cable or your ISP had genuine problems. This goes back to starcraft, where people would "unplug" instead of leaving the game for the automatic loss. In Dota 1, this was only manageable with smaller communities and admin interaction, where you would discuss with an admin what happened, like the start of your post. You can't really expect this with a larger userbase.

So "innocent" people have just to take the bite. If you have a consistent disconnect behaviour, you are messing with other players experience. If it just happens once in a while, you have to deal with it. I don't think the current policy is too harsh. Low Priority still find games in reasonable time and it's only 24 hours.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Reed View Post
    Ya, I got booted from my game because windows doesn't like to alert you when it wants to do updates, so my computer reset, and it took over 5 minutes to get it back on and check updates, and now I'm on a 24 hour low priority list. While it was in the first 10-15 minutes or so, 24 hours is way too harsh. The only other time I got an "abandon" was because 3 of the people on my team were feeding like crazy, a teammate was leaving, so I decided to leave too.
    This is none of Valve's concern. Your OS is not their business, take it up with Microsoft or manage your updates better.