Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Noya View Post
    I'm having reconnecting problems since the first day I recieved my beta key, I have 6 abandons because the game doesnt let me reconnect if my ISP changes my IP.
    Isn't your solution to not restart your modem so it holds your IP? Also, a lot of ISP's have a static IP option. Have you asked them? I'm not saying that your issue will never be fixed, but maybe that will help in the short-term.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Im my country, internet for homes is only avaliable by Dinamic-IP, and my ISP (theres only one :P) renew IPs every 12 hours. Can't change it, sadly. I usually restart my modem before playing, because that way I know I wont be disconnected by IP renew, but sometimes I forget and it coincides with the time my IP must change

I also play with over 300ms to the best server I can get (US East), but thats another problem. Third World problems
    Last edited by Noya; 02-23-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post
    If you are disconnected for more than 5 minutes cumulative you will get an Abandon. This includes multiple instances, like 3 times for 2 minutes each.
    The 2nd parafrag is a bay way to put it, because it always happens that u might lose internet connection or something happens and u get disced, and this cumulative istances being added makes no sence, u get punished for something that u don't want to happen..

Banned
    I think the whole Win/Loss/Abandon system is shit. Losing from other people abandoning will always result in a negative win/loss, leading to lower ranking, leading to being teamed with more noobs, leading to more lower ranking, leading to rank hell. And getting wins is getting too hard with the shitty matchmaking, but that's a point for the MM thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobberson View Post
    I think the whole Win/Loss/Abandon system is shit. Losing from other people abandoning will always result in a negative win/loss, leading to lower ranking, leading to being teamed with more noobs, leading to more lower ranking, leading to rank hell. And getting wins is getting too hard with the shitty matchmaking, but that's a point for the MM thread.
    What your saying is not really true if it happens to everyone. If it happens to everyone it balances out. Those that play 5 man pre-made it's less likely for, but hopefully they'll get matched against other 5 man pre-mades.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Banned
    What your saying is not really true if it happens to everyone. If it happens to everyone it balances out. Those that play 5 man pre-made it's less likely for, but hopefully they'll get matched against other 5 man pre-mades.
    Hopefully? Matchmaking makes just matching any kind of game precedent if search lasts long enough, kinda like Halo: Reach's multiplayer. If the search lasts long enough, eventually the MM will say "Fuck it, let's group up the premade against 5 soloers". There's simply not enough 5 man premades trolling for stomps for the MM to match up, so eventually it reaches the conclusion I said before. It's akin to Reach's multiplayer (at least in the Big Team Battle playlist) in that the MM pits a team of soloers against a full house premade. Heh, I really should be posting this on the MM thread. But yeah if I'm being matched up with premades, my win-loss ratio will go down, again. Fuck having 118/131 win/loss.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobberson View Post
    Matchmaking makes just matching any kind of game precedent if search lasts long enough, kinda like Halo: Reach's multiplayer. If the search lasts long enough, eventually the MM will say "Fuck it, let's group up the premade against 5 soloers". There's simply not enough 5 man premades trolling for stomps for the MM to match up, so eventually it reaches the conclusion I said before.
    Take into account that theres only 20k players online, if you only chose 1 region, thats like 4k per region, and not everyone of them are Looking For Games. Would you prefer 30min queue time?

When the game gets released, there will be more playerbase, and Matchmaking can work better.

Basic Member
    Few points.

1: I have read somewhere that if player leaves, and the game ends in less then 5 minutes, he will not get abandon. Is that true? It have happened, normal 5v5 game, it was like 55th minute, really late game with both teams having carry players full of items. Also consider some of the base raxes were destroyed already.

A player will rage quit for whatever reason. His team is unable to defend others team push(they can't defend with only 4 players), and the other team destroys throne. This happensduring 3-4 minutes. Now the sole reason of the loss is the one rage quitter, and he does not even get abandon?

2: At the moment player can prevent being marked as afk he moves his hero from time to time. It happened that one player went afk in 15th minute, and was idling at fountain until the game ended in 45th minute.

His team was unable to kick him, because he always moved his hero so the automatic system did not recognize him as afker. So basically 1 player was able to ruin the game for his team, which was trying to continue playing but was simply unable to defende in mid/late game due to simple numbers 4v5. That player who ruined the game was not penalized at all.

3: I still don't understand why team with leaver should get a loss, more even when they see msg "the game is free to leave". This implies you can leave without any consequence. 4 players should not be penalized(with loss) just because they had leaver in their team. I don't know if any of you have experience with www.dota-league.com but I would say it was quiet successful way how to play ranked games in Dota 1.

This is how their system worked, regards leaver:
    Team A has a leaver on their side. The game goes on, no one is free to leave. If Team B wins the game, every player in Team B gets +1 win, the 4 players in Team A get 0. They don't get -1 for loss. If Team A wins the game, the 4 players in Team A get +1 for win, Team B gets -1 for loss.

What this system manages to do are 2 different options for team with leaver.

First option: they will stop defending and let already ruined game end as soon as possible. It does not worry them, because since they have leaver in team they will not get a loss. The other team would not wait/farm/camp fountain, they would just quickly push and earn a win. Kinda like concede/forfeit.

Second option: if they feel they still have a chance, continue playing. They still can get +1 for win.

tl:dr Loss will not count for team with leaver.

In my opinion it was very good system, and the only issue was that some players may want to abuse it. Abuse was closely monitored and in case it happened, all involved players (the accounts which were made purely for reason to leave games, ALSO the account that was made as main account to get the 0 for loss were banned for like 6 months, or deleted, can't remember)
    Last edited by Nolf; 02-23-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Basic Member
    If you abandon a game, you will get a loss, even if you come back, finish the game, and win.
    This is retarded. Valve should change this.

personally I would like to see something done better in regard to someone who dc's for more then 5 minutes but still returns and overall still helps win a game where if they had not returned their team would have lost or had a high chance of losing.

While I still believe the player should be punished in one way or another I think giving a lose when it might have still been earned is too much.
    Last edited by DBX_5; 02-24-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    CPU make and model: intel i7 4700MQ 2.4ghz
    GPU make and model: Nvidia Geforce 860M
    Ram: 8GB DDR3
    Operating System: Win7 HP
    Connection speed: 600KB/s || 100KB/s || 764MS