Page 24 of 129 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1288

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

  1. #231
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    there wasnt leavers we foght to the end of game...i dominated whole game and it 100% wasnt leavers...i know 2 more people that didnt get stats they are in my steam friend list

  2. #232
    Basic Member xXSynXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    915
    hurm, might be a bug. same as this post http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=27697. either way, still need the match id for confirmation

  3. #233
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    if i can get it i will give u it, but i dont know where take it,,,i only can describe the game and ask for my teammates from this game they can confirm only...

  4. #234
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    yeah same situation. He cant give match id too...because game isnt in list

  5. #235
    Basic Member xXSynXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    915
    lol.more and more people having this issue.another guy just posted the same issue same as yours. dev team need to check on this since more and more people having the same issue now

  6. #236
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    hmm really interesting...im not sad about game and stats i need only replay of game because i love moviemaking a love to create something...its my first highlight in dota2

  7. #237
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    126
    I just finished a game where we were someone left at the first minute...we managed to win this but the win didn't count...
    Don't u think it's a bit retarded?
    I mean if the team loses i believe it's fair for the loss not to count since they were less...(but the victory has to count for the opponent team...it's not their fault someone left)
    Don't u think it's better this way?
    Thanks

  8. #238
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    158
    Hi!

    --TEST SERVER--
    Game ID: 61269

    Game started 4v5 (us on team of 4)

    One of them eventually left, team that started with 4 won. Game didn't count (stats are 2-0, would be 3-0 if this counted, played a different hero in each game).

    This is supposed to count, right?

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by eSPiYa View Post
    I'm not asking Valve to fix my ISP but give us a chance to clear the abandon record because of the intermittent connection. Once the connection stabilized, we won't worry about the low-priority punishment. Remember, it is not our fault, just use common sense in what I'm trying to raise. ^_^
    It is generally assumed that your entire record (Wins/loss/abandons/commendations etc) will be wiped clean when the retail version is released. As for the internet connection, fixing it is entirely up to you. Valve is working on Brazilian servers, so the chances of them trying to make better servers for your area are probably fairly high. Try doing a search on something like "Upcoming servers" or make a post in the proper thread asking.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnAka View Post
    So let me see if I understood your idea:

    You say it's better to ruin the game experience for 4 guys, just to prevent some abuse? You really gotta be kidding...
    Yes. That is the lesser of 2 evils. Right now I believe the systems are very buggy, and the potential for abuse is always there. But you must remember, if the 5th guy who left hits that point where hes used up all his chances and gets permanently banned, you don't ever have to worry about him again. YOU, on the other hand, are free to continue playing and trying to raise your ratings. I've gone as high as 55% wins and I've gone as low as 40% wins. A lot of this game is being lucky and not getting grouped with trolls, and they will eventually be gone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolf View Post
    Then the ONE who does that will get banned for abusing/exploiting the system, and his friends should as well.

    Better to punish everyone who abuses/exploit the system, then punish 4 ppl who did nothing wrong.

    If the game is not 5v5, don't consider it fair or competitive. I still don't see any reason why 4 players who have leaver in their team should get loss.

    tl:dr Enforce strict rules on game abusers, don't punish innocent players.
    Similar to Criminal Justice in real life, we are required to give our peers every sensible chance to reform before sending them the death penalty. In Dota 2, we are required to let them push the envelope until they REQUIRE the severe punishments, not give it to them because we would rather declare martial law. I would rather declare martial law like you, but that defeats the purpose of having the system at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBooT12 View Post
    Dota 2 Stats will reset once the full game release? can any dev confirm this?
    Quote Originally Posted by AzianStrider View Post
    Just had a thought about this but...

    Having Win/Lose (or even any sort of stat-tracking) creates a ragefest of tryhards who only play to accumulate a good record.
    No one would ever play for the experience, the knowledge, or for the fun of it.
    However, it gives players a sense of progression of the game, rewarding them with the so-called "average Action-RTS player", and others who looks at it can judge how well of a player you are.

    From my personal point of views, it hinders me from trying new builds and heroes (or even randoming) because I don't want a "bad record" due to a higher chance of getting a loss. Others can say "LIEK OMGZ MY INFINITE KD RATIO IS LIKE THE BEST IN THE WORDLDZLZDZ1!1!11" but that's just another interpretation of this scenario.

    My suggestion; I totally don't care if Dota 2 decides to have stat-tracking but as long as no one can see each other's profiles, I'll be happy.
    I doubt they will ever have in depth stat tracking, as you said yourself it "Creates a ragefest". As for trying new builds and randoming, I myself hate the random button. I will never use it. I have absolutely no sympathy for someone who cannot play Chen at all and randoms, who else, Chen, then whines about it. For new builds, every sensible build has some logical thought process to it. When they decided to put Blink Dagger on Axe, the logical thought process was "Axe needs to be close to taunt. People who kite Axe kick his ass easily. Blink Dagger instantly gets him in close. *tries it* HOLY*&@^ ITS OP!" and thus axe's recommended items has blink dagger. If your build is logical then there is no issue with it. If your build is something like 5 bracers, then your going to get an earful.

    And... people WHY would they NOT reset our stats when the beta test ends? Really, there is no plausible sensible reason to suspect that valve will not reset all of our stats to the default when the retail version comes out. If you are disconnecting constantly, fix your connection. If you are rage quitting constantly, stop rage quitting. If you are falling into time constraints, stop playing during those hours when you have a high chance of having to leave. If you MIGHT have to go in 20 minutes, don't start a game. Its really that simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by ldifland View Post
    I got marked as abandonment when i never even disconnected all i did was get of to go to the bathroom i come back and see everyone has left and then when i leave im put on the low priority list for 23 hours? What is this shit? This system is total shit, not to mention people are completely abusing their "reporting" powers. Can an admin reply and also take my off the low priority list. You guys need to seriously tweak the discipline system that you have in place, it is extremely unforgiving and makes anyone who by some misfortune lands on that list not want to ever play your game again.
    You may have left too early. If someone "Leaves" a game prematurely they have to actually close the client, re-open it, then click "Leave game" in order to completely leave it. Otherwise both you and that person must wait 5 minutes before they completely abandon the game, making it safe for you to leave. If YOU happen to leave during that 5 minutes, then you are the leaver and not him. Watch for that, it will announce when the game is safe to leave.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXSynXx View Post
    not in list as in doesnt show up in your game history? that's weird. anyway did anyone abandon/leave the game in that match? if so which team was it and at what time did it occur. to get a clear picture, i suggest you go the 1st page of this thread and read what slowreflex had posted
    The only time I can think of that a game has not shown up in my records was when there was a disconnect server side, in which the entire game simply ceased to exist. It is possible there is a glitch of some kind in the system. Was there anything particularly strange about the match mentioned? Unusually copious amounts of lag? severe and constant visual glitches? Anything noticeably out of the ordinary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoli View Post
    Hi!

    --TEST SERVER--
    Game ID: 61269

    Game started 4v5 (us on team of 4)

    One of them eventually left, team that started with 4 won. Game didn't count (stats are 2-0, would be 3-0 if this counted, played a different hero in each game).

    This is supposed to count, right?
    This does not count. If someone leaves before the 5 minute mark the game does not count for anyone. This is the only process by which the game does not count. If he had left after the 5 minute mark, then the match was decided, then it WOULD have counted.

  10. #240
    Basic Member Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    42
    Like several of the other guys here, I just had a game where my net died, I checked the time, thought not that accurately as i didn't start counting right as i dced, but it must have been barely over 5 min, because i still got an abandon after i reconnected, i helped my team and 1 of the guys was nice enough to commend me for not leaving and then we won. So I reconnected, helped out my team as much as i could at that point, we won, I even got a commend, but still there's an abandon and a loss on my record. And apparently I'm in the low priority pool now.
    A few days back due to some issues on my end i dced again, this time i know it was over 5 min, but still i reconnected and we won. :|
    I understand the game is in beta and a lot of things need attention, but it would be nice to know that the devs are quite aware of this and plan to deal with it, so that people that dc due to technical issues and do reconnect back and help their team to win don't get punished.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •