Page 27 of 129 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1288

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

  1. #261
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    205
    You know... Thats pretty much your problem. Playing 4on5 for 5minutes is already difficult if enemy team knows how to take advantage of it. Increasing wait time would be just stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by zrank View Post
    This is why Valve needs to implement a feature that allows teammates to give grace periods to disconnected players. The team should be able to decide whether or not the d/c player should receive the penalty.
    What does it matter if you forgive him in the game he already damaged? Its about his future games as well and I dont want to play with players that leave for whatever reason no matter if they are "pardoned" or not by his teammates. I didint pardon him.
    Last edited by deityh; 03-27-2012 at 02:15 AM.

  2. #262
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by deityh View Post
    You know... Thats pretty much your problem. Playing 4on5 for 5minutes is already difficult if enemy team knows how to take advantage of it. Increasing wait time would be just stupid.



    What does it matter if you forgive him in the game he already damaged? Its about his future games as well and I dont want to play with players that leave for whatever reason no matter if they are "pardoned" or not by his teammates. I didint pardon him.
    well i was just in the exact situation
    im at a net cafe
    power cuts out
    reconnect asap
    other team refused to pause
    didnt make it in time
    helped my team to victory
    i get a loss -_-
    i dont care about the abandon
    but come on
    give me a win
    i stayed cause i didnt wanna be a douche to my team

    match id 8981870

  3. #263
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    205
    I agree you should have got the win. Abandon and loss just means no point even trying to get back.

  4. #264
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmoke View Post
    +1 for longer queue as well. 7min would be good. Ive had 2 abandons now because my PC has BSOD'd on me and it takes longer than 5min to boot into windows + load steam then load dota. I already have to live with a failing motherboard and CPU let alone 10min+ queues in the low priority pool
    What? Did you really just post that you want a longer abandon time because your computer sucks? If you know your mobo and CPU are dying why would you queue for a game? A responsible and unselfish person would play bots until that person has the money to buy new/better parts.

    A longer rejoin time will not fix your problem, sir. Only you will.

  5. #265
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,606
    My cursor instinctively moved to the bottom right of your post looking for the upvote button.

    So I'll just keep it at ^ +1.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by superchair View Post
    well i was just in the exact situation
    im at a net cafe
    power cuts out
    reconnect asap
    other team refused to pause
    didnt make it in time
    helped my team to victory
    i get a loss -_-
    i dont care about the abandon
    but come on
    give me a win
    i stayed cause i didnt wanna be a douche to my team

    match id 8981870
    I agree with one point on this: If you get an abandon due to a pc/internet failure but then manage to make it back into the game, you should NOT recieve an abandon and you SHOULD be given a win if you are able to manage this feat. I had it happen to me once as well, my internet crapped out for 12 or so minutes and my team had 4v5'd and was still in the game. I came back, farmed really hard, and we pushed all of the enemy towers and rax and won the match. However, if you are playing anything such as dota you should avoid playing at internet cafe's. The internet there is unreliable or reliable depending on how crowded it is, and the placement of the cafe. A crap ton of people sharing the same internet will adversely affect your game.

    Quote Originally Posted by deityh View Post
    I agree you should have got the win. Abandon and loss just means no point even trying to get back.
    +1 on this, the definition of abandonment implies you left the team and never came back, or never intended to come back. If someone manages to come back to the team after an extended DC they probably should not have the abandonment, especially if the win manages to come. On the one down side, I can see this as being abuseable. Someone may leave a match and then come back at, say, the 20 minute mark and then say "Oh sorry guys I got dc'd net shit out" and have done this specifically because they did not want to play the match and hoped that the match would be ended by this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by roger. View Post
    What? Did you really just post that you want a longer abandon time because your computer sucks? If you know your mobo and CPU are dying why would you queue for a game? A responsible and unselfish person would play bots until that person has the money to buy new/better parts.

    A longer rejoin time will not fix your problem, sir. Only you will.
    ^+1 to this. If your PC needs upgrades, then giving you a "grace period" will fix nothing. It will only lead to more frustration for those of us who worked hard to get our PC's and hardware. Fix your MB, fix your CPU. Upgrade your hardware. Stop spending impulsively and safe up some money to buy these upgrades. This is literally the best and only thing you can do.

  7. #267
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17
    ...
    Last edited by banned8; 03-30-2012 at 05:50 AM.

  8. #268
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2
    I agree about the teammate voting system. I have been a victim, my internet was going crazy and after 2 abandoned games I have the low priority thing for a day. Its pathetic.

  9. #269
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by kennypwns View Post
    I agree about the teammate voting system. I have been a victim, my internet was going crazy and after 2 abandoned games I have the low priority thing for a day. Its pathetic.
    Yes, it is pathetic that after the first game and your internet 'going crazy' you queued for another game.

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    Yes, it is pathetic that after the first game and your internet 'going crazy' you queued for another game.
    Team voting was already heavily abused over in HoN. Team Voting will not be in the game, I can almost guarantee you this.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •