Page 29 of 129 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Basic Member
    Concede button.... I hate those games where 5 minutes in you know you're going to win/lose without a doubt but you're forced to play otherwise you'll be punished if you leave. A boring game that could be over in 5 minutes and 2 minutes after in a new game that will probably better is dragged on for 20-40 of the most boring minutes ever.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuko666 View Post
    Concede button.... I hate those games where 5 minutes in you know you're going to win/lose without a doubt but you're forced to play otherwise you'll be punished if you leave. A boring game that could be over in 5 minutes and 2 minutes after in a new game that will probably better is dragged on for 20-40 of the most boring minutes ever.
    I've never seen a game where 2 sets of rax are down within 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    I've never seen a game where 2 sets of rax are down within 5 minutes.
    Me neither.

Its a miracle or total stomp only if 1 set of rax is completely down in under 20 minutes.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuko666 View Post
    A game aint over till its over... SO many games my team would have conceeded that we ended up winning. So no I do not want this feature implemented

On the point of Abandon feedback. Ive played over 300 games with no abandons for abotu 2 months (total of 10 abandons now). Just the last 2 days i abandoned 2 games over 48 hours spread apart (Internet issues) and i got put into low priority with queues of up to 20 mins? This does not make any sense. The system seems a bit ruthless.

Basic Member

suggestion

If you abandon a game, you will get a loss and an abandon, even if you come back, finish the game, and win.
    I agree that there should be severe punishment even for 5 minutes of absence coz it ruins the whole game.

but on the other hand i think that the system should contain some insignificant carrot on stick for the leaver which would encourage him to rejoin.
    in other words there should be a slight distinction in threating these two situations

1) person got dc'ed (for whatever the reason) 5 minutes passed. since he already got his lose+abandon he'll just get mad and walk away
    2) person got dc'ed (for whatever the reason) 5 minutes passed. but what he did was put his effort to fix the problem, rejoin and play till the end

from my point of view, both situations suck (obviously) but the 2 sucks a little bit less. Therefore there should be something in the system that encourages player who is already in the "oh shit" situation to do 2 rather than 1. It might and should be minor but there should be something

IE if he rejoins and wins he gets a win / or undo his loose / or get 25% less penalty time in hell queue

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klompf View Post
    I agree that there should be severe punishment even for 5 minutes of absence coz it ruins the whole game.

but on the other hand i think that the system should contain some insignificant carrot on stick for the leaver which would encourage him to rejoin.
    in other words there should be a slight distinction in threating these two situations

1) person got dc'ed (for whatever the reason) 5 minutes passed. since he already got his lose+abandon he'll just get mad and walk away
    2) person got dc'ed (for whatever the reason) 5 minutes passed. but what he did was put his effort to fix the problem, rejoin and play till the end

from my point of view, both situations suck (obviously) but the 2 sucks a little bit less. Therefore there should be something in the system that encourages player who is already in the "oh shit" situation to do 2 rather than 1. It might and should be minor but there should be something

IE if he rejoins and wins he gets a win / or undo his loose / or get 25% less penalty time in hell queue
    I agree somethign should be done about that. During one of my abandons that i mentiioned above i came back and helped my team get the win. What was frustrating was that i got an abandon and a loss which kind of sucked. It should at least remove the LOSS or the ABANDON one or the other or even add a win if a player comes back and helps his team WIN, gives you at least somewhat of a reward for making the effort to come back play a meaningless game for oyurself but make it enjoyable for 4 others. (personally in my opinion if i did not know the 4 guys - we were playing 5 mean team- I probably would have NOT returned as there is no point and the game was already abandoned)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    So why should Valve give 2 flying fucks about how you had class to attend and decided to abandon a game, and yet still think you do not rightly deserve 13 days of low priority because your last punishment was 3? (not sure) of low priority? http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...t=grandbreaker

Oh the irony.
    They shouldn't, and don't. And please don't be taking my posts out of context to try and make them look bad. As I said in that post which you gave a link of, Abandonment's seem whacked. It seems strange to me that I gain an extra 24 hours in the LPQ for every 2 abandons and then have a massive increase at 9 abandons (An odd number) to a full on 13 days in LPQ, especially since there are people who go a full 10 abandons without ever going to LPQ. I want to know how it works, because that does not make sense no matter how you spin it. If you have an old PC or a bad connection you are going to DC and there is nothing Valve can do about it without screwing every other player (And most of us DO have good PC's and stable internet connections, and rarely leave without serious reason to do so).

I just had two games where I was on the winning team and was not awarded a win. In the first one someone on our team left straight after the game started and we managed to win 4 vs 5. In the second someone didn't pick a hero on the opposing team and one of our team members left right at the start 4 vs 4 we win but, not recorded. It's annoying because my losses are ALWAYS recorded but, my wins never seem to.

Would Eric Tams be able to check the match ID's like he said? The first is 1073637, the second is 1074356.

I think if games aren't going to count as a win or are going count as an automatic loss/abandon, a pop up should tell the players in game, in the same way the 'safe to leave message' does.

Basic Member
    Make leave punishment stronger plz. Like if it happens once its ok, 2nd time - 1 day punishment, 3rd time - 2 days, 4th time - 3 days etc. And what to do with people who stays afk to lose fast but control hero not to be kicked. There is no even such issue in report.

Basic Member
    I hope they NEVER add a concede function. Sure getting stomped is annoying, but you need to consider the other side of the equation. Who here hasn't been one kill from immortal in HoN and little billy just throws his arm across his chest after smashing the concede button to troll? Nevermind the even less extreme variations. For example, I can probably think of about 100 pub games where Id pick mortred, get my bfury and lifesteal, blink out on an int hero and INSTANTLY there are 4 leavers because they aren't happy that their nerdy tryhard picks aren't winning them the game anymore.

Trust me, concede is bad for both sides, stomper and stompee. If you want 15 minute meaningless games go play HoN. I like having epic 45 minute comebacks.