Page 30 of 129 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Basic Member

Angry

I love the Abandon system and the punishment it heaps on players. I pay extra for high quality internet, but all of that is squandered because some chump thinks he can play on 56k? No thanks. While he does his connect/disconnect/reconnect dance, I'm not enjoying my experience. I have played games where this is a huge problem, and a system for punishment doesn't exist (Left4Dead, rage quitters in the first 20 seconds and the game is thrown). I don't care if you just had to pee, I don't care if the doorbell rang. There is a pause function to use for small situations, and if you're a player who is disconnected enough to have complaints about your 3rd/4th/5th penalties, you have ruined the games of 20+ other players. Its unfortunate, but I would rather see you stuck in a 40 minute queue than be forced to play with you when you're probably not gonna stay connected for a whole match. If that is an issue, SOLVE your connection issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonkeyThatLives View Post
    I just had two games where I was on the winning team and was not awarded a win. In the first one someone on our team left straight after the game started and we managed to win 4 vs 5. In the second someone didn't pick a hero on the opposing team and one of our team members left right at the start 4 vs 4 we win but, not recorded. It's annoying because my losses are ALWAYS recorded but, my wins never seem to.

Would Eric Tams be able to check the match ID's like he said? The first is 1073637, the second is 1074356.

I think if games aren't going to count as a win or are going count as an automatic loss/abandon, a pop up should tell the players in game, in the same way the 'safe to leave message' does.
    If someone leaves before anyone gets a kill or 5 minutes elapses, the game does not count except for the leaver who gets and abandon (and a loss I think).

Basic Member
    fix the ingame description because the game IS NOT SAFE TO LEAVE when an idiot leaves the game later on. i know its hard work for valve changing a line of words but u can do it in 2-3 patches.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NonToxic View Post
    I love the Abandon system and the punishment it heaps on players. I pay extra for high quality internet, but all of that is squandered because some chump thinks he can play on 56k? No thanks. While he does his connect/disconnect/reconnect dance, I'm not enjoying my experience. I have played games where this is a huge problem, and a system for punishment doesn't exist (Left4Dead, rage quitters in the first 20 seconds and the game is thrown). I don't care if you just had to pee, I don't care if the doorbell rang. There is a pause function to use for small situations, and if you're a player who is disconnected enough to have complaints about your 3rd/4th/5th penalties, you have ruined the games of 20+ other players. Its unfortunate, but I would rather see you stuck in a 40 minute queue than be forced to play with you when you're probably not gonna stay connected for a whole match. If that is an issue, SOLVE your connection issues.
    The abandon system does work quite well tbh. The only issue with it I have is its connecton to the abuseable report feature (Rage reports are exceedingly common) but thats going to get fixed regardless, and the 30second unpause option. Both teams have 3 pauses to use, and if someone has to answer the door or use the bathroom most teams will unpause as soon as they are able (Strategy, its putting the enemy team at a numbers disadvantage) because they really don't care about your real life issue. The thing I would like to see changed about it is the time before the enemy team can auto unpause. I believe changing the minimum pause time before the opposing team may unpause from 30 seconds to 1minute, and strictly keep the other pause settings the same, would be benificial. It would allow players to legitimatly take care of their real life issues without worrying that the enemy team has unpaused the game, without giving people the ability to just pause to annoy others. Make sure people can take care of the REASONABLE things they have to pause for, but if your connection is horrible thats entirely your own fault.

Basic Member
    Not sure how the game could be counted, while a person who goes to the middle after some1 already took the spot leaves after a first blood. Pathetic, and needs to be fixed. Why the whole team need to suffer, 'cause some1 rages and leaves the game after a first blood?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by markov View Post
    Not sure how the game could be counted, while a person who goes to the middle after some1 already took the spot leaves after a first blood. Pathetic, and needs to be fixed. Why the whole team need to suffer, 'cause some1 rages and leaves the game after a first blood?
    Eventually behavior that is detrimental to the team and self destructive in nature will be punishable behavior. If someone legitimately goes mid, dies once, then someone else shouts "OK This guy sucks I'm taking mid" and does go to try and take mid from him, that player that tried to take mid can be punished. If someone picks a great mid hero, or just wants to mid, and the other guy can't come up with a good reason to take mid (E.G. I'm better than you, you suck, that hero sucks, etc) then the other guy will be punishable.

Basic Member
    I played a game yesterday or the day before, MatchID: 10811121. I disconnected due to an internet failure and re-connected I assume some 6 minutes later. I got charged 2 abandonments and got put into the low-priority queue.
    I'm assuming this is a bug of some sort and got told to reply in this thread.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klompf View Post
    I agree that there should be severe punishment even for 5 minutes of absence coz it ruins the whole game.

but on the other hand i think that the system should contain some insignificant carrot on stick for the leaver which would encourage him to rejoin.
    in other words there should be a slight distinction in threating these two situations

1) person got dc'ed (for whatever the reason) 5 minutes passed. since he already got his lose+abandon he'll just get mad and walk away
    2) person got dc'ed (for whatever the reason) 5 minutes passed. but what he did was put his effort to fix the problem, rejoin and play till the end

from my point of view, both situations suck (obviously) but the 2 sucks a little bit less. Therefore there should be something in the system that encourages player who is already in the "oh shit" situation to do 2 rather than 1. It might and should be minor but there should be something

IE if he rejoins and wins he gets a win / or undo his loose / or get 25% less penalty time in hell queue
    +1

Basic Member
    Reconnecting doesn't work. I have a bad internet connection which disconnects sometimes. I have two abandons because reconnecting to a game doesn't work and now i'm in the low priority pool. This should be fixed.

Basic Member
    I thing abandoned is good system but.. 5 mins is so short time to reconnect.
    when disconnect in game cant to reconnect immediately (when disconnect with vpn service, without vpn i'm not sure)

please, give a chance to player to reconnect from accident "random disconnect" after 5 mins but reconnect in game progress dont give abadoned point.
    Or this, if not in game when game finish give abandoned point.

PS. My account have 2 abandons point and i'm in the low priority pool because reconnect not work too.