Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Basic Member
    I don't agree with getting a loss despite the fact that you got to leave a game after the safe period. It said it was safe to leave without repercussions and this should apply to losses as well, not just in terms of keeping your abandon rate down.
    I don't think its fair for players to be attributed with a loss to their stats despite the fact that the loss was out of their control. If two of my teammates leave, feeding the enemy team before they go, screwing up everything in process, why should we take the loss and not just them?

I also think the reconnect time needs to be longer, because if a computer crashes or internet goes out, it usually takes more than 5 minutes to sort those issues out. My friend for instance has a typically good internet, but lately its been going to crap on him and won't reconnect for hours at a time, which means he gets abandons on his record, even though it wasn't his fault. Now that's a slightly different issue, but it also illustrates my point, these problems are time consuming to fix and often times 5 minutes just isn't enough to fix them.

Basic Member
    If you abandon a game, you will get a loss and an abandon, even if you come back, finish the game, and win.
    Sure

I just had a powerloss and managed to fix it in 7 mins, reconnect and win the game
    Still I get a loss and an abandon

That's utterly retarded

Yes, I am aware that you can abuse that to just go back ingame while your team is just about to finish, to grab your +1, but we have the report function for a purpose

Basic Member
    low priority is kinda dumb.. cause many casual players play only on weekends,and leave means nothing since they will be entire week out of play. it should be like hon. U should play X games to Leave low priority pool

Basic Member
    No game should punish players for anything:

Valve's thoughts: "Abandonment is so bad that it will discourage players from abandoning games".
    What really happens: "I'm being punished in this game? Screw this game I'll play something else".

Find another way to discourage players from leaving, don't punish them. Better yet, If it aint broke, don't fix it. For years Dota 1 worked without a real leaver protection system, I along 7-8 million others continued to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aseenus View Post
    Better yet, If it aint broke, don't fix it. For years Dota 1 worked without a real leaver protection system, I along 7-8 million others continued to play it.
    In DotA it was attempted using a banlist since there wasn't proper matchmaking in place...
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aseenus View Post
    No game should punish players for anything:

Valve's thoughts: "Abandonment is so bad that it will discourage players from abandoning games".
    What really happens: "I'm being punished in this game? Screw this game I'll play something else".

Find another way to discourage players from leaving, don't punish them. Better yet, If it aint broke, don't fix it. For years Dota 1 worked without a real leaver protection system, I along 7-8 million others continued to play it.
    Cool story.. i used to ban the leavers for six months back then.

Basic Member
    Dota1 worked without leaver protecthion... ?

really?

really?

FIRST BLOOD -> UNKNOWN NOOB HAS LEFT THE GAME

Thats how I remember public dota.

Whats the point of the counting? A simple number of played games and abandons would be enough for the statics. The win/lose rate wont reflect the players personal skill level, so its pretty pointless to count.

Oh and just wondering: will be the numbers reseted when the game is done?
    Last edited by Dark_Spirit; 02-25-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
    Oh and just wondering: will be the numbers reseted when the game is done?
    We don't know. Search for "stats reset" and you'll see it's been discussed in several threads already.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeN View Post
    Cool story.. i used to ban the leavers for six months back then.
    Cool story. Plenty of hosts back then used to use the kick function to ban players on the other team that were kicking their ass.

Put too much power in the hands of players and they'll abuse the hell out of it unless there's potential repercussions for outright lies.