Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Basic Member
    this low prority lenth is too long omg 4 days (((( plz reduce....

Basic Member
    Yeasterday i got disconnect because of seam problems; I couldn't reconnect untir I restarted it. Before that I disconnected because of my own problems. So I got 1 day of low priority pool and I can't get battle points. I know that it's a good way to dispose of leavers but the system is very bad to my mind. I've played about 6-7 matches with no battle poins, that's a little bit sad. Maybe it would be better to put a person in a low priority pool for several matches, not for some days. You see, a leaver can just wait this day/week and he will not play during this time at all, after that he can continue it, but if he must play several matches to escape this low priority pool he would hardly leave them. But what we see now just spoils game to good players who like playing dota but who maybe had internet problems or something else that made them leave the game. Such players will play 3-4 mathces with no battle poins and they will continue playing dota with getting these battle points in the same day.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonic View Post
    Yeasterday i got disconnect because of seam problems; I couldn't reconnect untir I restarted it. Before that I disconnected because of my own problems. So I got 1 day of low priority pool and I can't get battle points. I know that it's a good way to dispose of leavers but the system is very bad to my mind. I've played about 6-7 matches with no battle poins, that's a little bit sad. Maybe it would be better to put a person in a low priority pool for several matches, not for some days. You see, a leaver can just wait this day/week and he will not play during this time at all, after that he can continue it, but if he must play several matches to escape this low priority pool he would hardly leave them. But what we see now just spoils game to good players who like playing dota but who maybe had internet problems or something else that made them leave the game. Such players will play 3-4 mathces with no battle poins and they will continue playing dota with getting these battle points in the same day.
    I've nothing against you, but if you have frequent connection problem i'll be more than happy to not having you in my (or the other) team. If the connection problems are not so frequent I don't see the big issue..

Basic Member

Here is my story: I was playing Lycan with a team of 5 until about 35 seconds into the game when our Nightstalker leaves, fair enough i thought.. nothing i couldn't handle...
    I proceed to get first blood and our team manages pretty well when we are 4v5.

I then chose to take control of the Nightstalker thinking i would be the best choice for that seeing as i could protect him with the wolves. I take down 9 towers and we win 30 - 12.
    That win didn't count for me, even though other people got items. I don't think i got any BP either and i know i never left. My "heroes played" tab also states that i never played as lycan, but i have access to the replay.

MATCH ID: 23773305

If this is a bug then i hope it gets fixed.

Cheers! And thanks for an awesome game!
    Last edited by i0257; 07-02-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Basic Member
    Abandon time should be a bit more forgiving concerning older and less poverfull rigs it take my pc to restart after a crash roughly arround 2 minutes, one more minute for windows to boot and then starts the panic:
    -open the task manager asap
    -stop the autostart of skype, msn and xfire
    -wait for steam to boot <--- and this is where i ALWAYS get over the 5 minutes
    just happend to me now once again and it get's a bit annoying collecting abandons for this reason.

Basic Member
    For some odd reason, if you have a leaver in your team and it's after the 10 minute mark, if you lose in a 4v5 it still counts as a loss? Surely this isn't intended - it's become more of an issue of late as there are leavers/DC'ers in almost every game I play. You shouldn't be punished with a loss if you lose in a 4v5 scenario...obviously it's different situation if the leaver leaves as your fountain is being knocked down but something needs to be done about it.

Basic Member
    I got an abandon for having a powercut (which lasted 7 hours) during the first 5 minutes of a game. It's my first abandon and it is a bit disappointing how unavoidable the situation was. I understand leavers need to be punished and its hard to differentiate the reason but I've never even disconnected from a game before so it seems a bit hasty to be branded a leaver

DotA2 devs should consider some of the players having ISP issues. And extend the reconnection period. I got 4 abandoned games. All from my terrible ISP. Ask me, why do I stick with my ISP? Answer, because it is the only one available here in my location. Here in our province, we're only locked-in w/ only 2 providers. One is a terrible ISP, the second provider is worst ISP ever.

They should consider extending it to 10mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaegi View Post
    I got an abandon for having a powercut (which lasted 7 hours) during the first 5 minutes of a game. It's my first abandon and it is a bit disappointing how unavoidable the situation was. I understand leavers need to be punished and its hard to differentiate the reason but I've never even disconnected from a game before so it seems a bit hasty to be branded a leaver
    Same here man. Scheduled or non scheduled powercut is one of the worst you can experience in the middle of the game. And also my point that your ISP is acting useless.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KonZ3N View Post
    DotA2 devs should consider some of the players having ISP issues. And extend the reconnection period. I got 4 abandoned games. All from my terrible ISP. Ask me, why do I stick with my ISP? Answer, because it is the only one available here in my location. Here in our province, we're only locked-in w/ only 2 providers. One is a terrible ISP, the second provider is worst ISP ever.

They should consider extending it to 10mins.
    +1, my ISP becomes very unpredictable in the hot summer heat and that's when I get the most disconnects. I've had a few instances when I was disconnected, then I couldn't reconnect either because my DSL was down or because the server was down. First I received a few hours of low priority, then twice I received 1 day low priority. I have 250+ games and 8 abandons. Each of my last 3 abandons, I was punished with low priority. But I'm not an abandoner! I try my best to reconnect. I find it very unreasonable because 1 disconnect in 30 or so games doesn't seem that bad and its unintended.

Is there no way to appeal low priority or to differentiate efforts to reconnect?

It's also not fair that some players allow 5+ min pauses for re-connections, while others don't. If you're paired with a party of friends, your team is losing, and you get disconnected, chances are they will not pause and use your disconnect as an opportunity to end the game.

The 5 min universal time to reconnect and then pausing is unfairly redundant. Either include the pause time as disconnect time, or extend the reconnect time for everyone. They also really need to improve recognition of malicious disconnects vs. accidental.

I don't understand why disconnects are treated so harshly while afk and griefing practically goes unnoticed. Disconnects are far less damning to a game than poor playing or poor attitudes.
    Last edited by eris; 07-06-2012 at 05:06 PM.