Page 77 of 129 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Basic Member
    ^
    That's nice to know... But I was thinking more along the lines of... "free abandons" as in, they don't get recorded, so the number on your profile doesn't change.

Basic Member

Abandons Shouldn't Count as Losses

This may be coincidence but lately I have been having games where my teammates abandon me. In fact, two days ago I played 6 games where 4 of them my teammates abandoned me. This isn't an abandon due to Hurricane Sandy if they leave after dying/feeding repeatedly. Can we have stricter punishments for abandoning mid game or after giving up first blood? If not, then please don't hand me a loss. Here is a perfect example of how frustrating these abandons are. If you keep looking at my match history, you'll see a few more games where my teammates abandon on the same day.

MatchID:https://dotabuff.com/matches/54445052

Thanks.

Has it ever been told by a valve employee,or open to public how this works?i'm pretty sure is by reports mainly,don't know if abandons are important whatsoever.

Still,just here to fucking whine about how i dce'd 2 times in arrow (one was during mid day,other late at night),the first i got low pool,then i dced in low pool,now 4 days,i fucking love this.

Good thing the event will go till 12th

Match ID 58166000.

Storm spirit doesn't get an abandon after AFKing for more than 20 minutes? Great to see that the system is working as intended.

First timer on a DOTA forum since the original DOTA, back in 2007.

So I just left a game when our top and mid radiant towers and raxes were destroyed. I ended up going 1-8 as NS in a fairly frustrating game on my part, and a bit on my allies. I decided to leave the game because the other team purposely didn't push to end it and stuck around to rosh, and gank, even admitting to the latter. In the end, I get an abandon for leaving, likely cuz they purposely wanted me to get one for being an a!# in that game (yes I was bm, but when you get trash talked early on, and there's no /squelch feature like there is on bnet, it kind of irritates me). That being said, does the abandon stick with me, and I get punished immediately for this? I doubt the other team in my game will get punished, but I know purposely stalling when the game was over (I'm pretty sure killing 2/3 raxes when their heroes are 17+ and I'm level 11 = game over) was frowned upon back in DOTA 1 too, and was punishable?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrilegious View Post
    First timer on a DOTA forum since the original DOTA, back in 2007.

So I just left a game when our top and mid radiant towers and raxes were destroyed. I ended up going 1-8 as NS in a fairly frustrating game on my part, and a bit on my allies. I decided to leave the game because the other team purposely didn't push to end it and stuck around to rosh, and gank, even admitting to the latter. In the end, I get an abandon for leaving, likely cuz they purposely wanted me to get one for being an a!# in that game (yes I was bm, but when you get trash talked early on, and there's no /squelch feature like there is on bnet, it kind of irritates me). That being said, does the abandon stick with me, and I get punished immediately for this? I doubt the other team in my game will get punished, but I know purposely stalling when the game was over (I'm pretty sure killing 2/3 raxes when their heroes are 17+ and I'm level 11 = game over) was frowned upon back in DOTA 1 too, and was punishable?
    there is a mute function.
    you cant prolong a game by not pushing when 2 lanes are already down. dont be ridiculous.
    no bug here.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Is there a policy for abandons that happen because of technical issues with the game?

I recently got my first abandon in about 230 games: MatchID 58366171
    It was a Diretide match. When the loading screen disappeared, Dota became minimized and would not restore. I could hear the hero-picking music, but never saw either the "Waiting for loaders" screen nor anything else after the loading screen disappeared. I attempted to force-close and restart Dota, but once the Valve intro was over, a message said that the game was failing to "Connect to the Dota network". I restarted my pc and successfully rejoined the game, but I had already received an abandon once I was in. (I bet it was the 1:30 no-hero timer. Good feature, didn't know about it).

It sucks to not have that zero anymore. We won the game (I helped), so I don't think there were any sore feelings from my team. It would be nice to get pardoned for this match. Either way, I have a newfound respect for anyone with just 1 abandon.
    Last edited by Mr Elmo; 11-06-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Elmo View Post
    Is there a policy for abandons that happen because of technical issues with the game?

I recently got my first abandon in about 230 games: MatchID 58366171
    It was a Diretide match. When the loading screen disappeared, Dota became minimized and would not restore. I could hear the hero-picking music, but never saw either the "Waiting for loaders" screen nor anything else after the loading screen disappeared. I attempted to force-close and restart Dota, but once the Valve intro was over, a message said that the game was failing to "Connect to the Dota network". I restarted my pc and successfully rejoined the game, but I had already received an abandon once I was in. (I bet it was the 1:30 no-hero timer. Good feature, didn't know about it).

It sucks to not have that zero anymore. We won the game (I helped), so I don't think there were any sore feelings from my team. It would be nice to get pardoned for this match. Either way, I have a newfound respect for anyone with just 1 abandon.
    unfortunately the policy is: no abandons will be removed (with the exception of false positives which yours is not).
    there are some suggestions to allow atonement for abandons (finishing an abandoned game gives you no abandon but a loss, etc). you might want to contribute in one of those.

welcome to the club.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    My concern is when a game takes longer than 60 minutes and you have to be somewhere. Some people cannot devote more than 60 min to a game so are forced to leave and still being punished for it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet tooth View Post
    My concern is when a game takes longer than 60 minutes and you have to be somewhere. Some people cannot devote more than 60 min to a game so are forced to leave and still being punished for it.
    Seriously? Don't start a game if you can't devote the required time to it. Play Mario or something. I heard LoL games are shorter. 60+ minutes is not even that exceptional. If you're talking 75+ minutes than MAYBE i can relate, but come on man, those 9 other people haven't invested that hour of effort just to have it all end in a big anticlimax that leaves both teams unsatisfied?