Page 101 of 362 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3619

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

  1. #1001
    Seeing who gets a lot of reports would be pointless - too many people report players just because they are bad.

    That said, it does look like the staff managing the reports are overloaded. I think it would help if people who submit a lot of unfounded reports would be punished in some way. It might reduce the number of rage-reports.

  2. #1002
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17
    so recently the power in my house tripped. I was playing with a team of 4 friends all in the house with me. As my PC was the slowest to restart and reconnect i got an abandon and got put in the low priority bracket. Irrespective i still rejoined the game and my team with all 5 players still won the game. My general experience of playing in the low priority pool is rather horrible. I have a serious problem with being put in it despite the fact that i still reconnected and finished the game. I understand the reasoning behind the whole system and the fact that 9 other players are effected by me leaving, but i believe there should be a distinction made between people who leave and never return (usually a rage quit/technical issue) and those that DC then reconnect. My issue is why should i get punished for something totally out of my control. My friends attempted to keep the game paused, but only having one pause each meant that the other team quickly restarted the game. To be honest the whole situation has really pissed me off and severly effected my general dota experience.

  3. #1003
    Basic Member BJSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    697
    So i just had a 50 min game, in which i tried my best to carry my team. I kept them in game for 50 mins, with 2 guys with 1-10+ scores and one guy that refused to play with team. And whole game i am asking my team not to go solo, not to run into 5 enemies, to wait for team, to buy wards, to watch map. Anything that can help me in anyway to win the game. And i wasnt even flaming even though they accused me of doing so. And after 50 mins i end up losing and getting into LPQ. Now tell me why? Cause i wanted to explain my team what they are doing wrong? Cause i wanted to win? Cause I did everything i could to give my team any chance?

    This is pure example of how this report system is failing. Ppl that know about the game are punished, while those that ruin the game and those that dont care about it get to continue with their rain of terror.
    This system needs to be removed ASAP.

    EDIT:
    I want official response as to why i was banned. Give me one proof that this is working as intended. Just one.
    Last edited by BJSV; 10-24-2012 at 07:28 AM.

  4. #1004
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by BJSV View Post
    So i just had a 50 min game, in which i tried my best to carry my team. I kept them in game for 50 mins, with 2 guys with 1-10+ scores and one guy that refused to play with team. And whole game i am asking my team not to go solo, not to run into 5 enemies, to wait for team, to buy wards, to watch map. Anything that can help me in anyway to win the game. And i wasnt even flaming even though they accused me of doing so. And after 50 mins i end up losing and getting into LPQ. Now tell me why? Cause i wanted to explain my team what they are doing wrong? Cause i wanted to win? Cause I did everything i could to give my team any chance?

    This is pure example of how this report system is failing. Ppl that know about the game are punished, while those that ruin the game and those that dont care about it get to continue with their rain of terror.
    This system needs to be removed ASAP.

    EDIT:
    I want official response as to why i was banned. Give me one proof that this is working as intended. Just one.
    1. You can't be put in LPQ from the game you just finished that fast. It takes at minimal 'hours' to even have a report processed. You were reported from a prior game in which you were then put into LPQ.

    There you go, case closed.

  5. #1005
    Basic Member BJSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaruto View Post
    1. You can't be put in LPQ from the game you just finished that fast. It takes at minimal 'hours' to even have a report processed. You were reported from a prior game in which you were then put into LPQ.

    There you go, case closed.
    Actually it doesnt, since report system works on number of reports.

  6. #1006
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,187
    Quote Originally Posted by BJSV View Post
    Actually it doesnt, since report system works on number of reports.
    actually it does.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

    Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

  7. #1007
    Basic Member BJSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    actually it does.
    You get put into LPQ in middle of game only if you got reported during that game.
    Your LPQ gets prolonged if you get reported in a match.
    You can end up in LPQ even after you didnt do anything wrong, but you still got reported (tested).
    So once again, until i see official msg telling me for what i was banned, based on what reports and in which games were they made, and reason why was i matched with such ppl in the first place, there is not a single proof that these reports are reviewed.

  8. #1008
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by BJSV View Post
    You get put into LPQ in middle of game only if you got reported during that game.
    Your LPQ gets prolonged if you get reported in a match.
    You can end up in LPQ even after you didnt do anything wrong, but you still got reported (tested).
    So once again, until i see official msg telling me for what i was banned, based on what reports and in which games were they made, and reason why was i matched with such ppl in the first place, there is not a single proof that these reports are reviewed.

    On what basis are any of the things you say fact? What I said was 100% true, and a mod just told you the same. You're in denial bro

  9. #1009
    Basic Member BJSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaruto View Post
    On what basis are any of the things you say fact? What I said was 100% true, and a mod just told you the same. You're in denial bro
    So you believe statement with 0 proofs, but you believe it because mod said it.
    And on what basis are any of these facts? Well they are not facts but they are more likely true than what mod is saying and i experienced all of the things i mentioned more than once.
    So blind faith or experience?

    EDIT:
    You get put into LPQ in middle of game only if you got reported during that game.
    I had during summer a pause of few weeks because i was raging and flaming too much so i needed a break cause it wasnt healthy. When i came back first game after i get put into LPQ during the game because i was reported again. So no one reviewed any of those reports during those weeks that i didnt play and it just happened to be that while i was playing and someone submitted a report they decided in that moment to review all previous reports? I dont think so. They just build up enough reports for LPQ. This one was justified punishment and i have no objections to that, but it just servers as example how the system works. This happened more than once as i already said so i just dont believe for it to be coincidence.

    Your LPQ gets prolonged if you get reported in a match.
    Happened to me, only once, because in 2 games after getting put into LPQ i had huge arguments with russians (imagine this, why are LPQ games filled with russians if they are not doing anything wrong) which resulted in reports. After 2nd game time was just added to my punishment.

    You can end up in LPQ even after you didnt do anything wrong, but you still got reported (tested).
    This was tested with my friends, and also I got put into LPQ a week or so ago, after not playing since my last LPQ, because i got into two games, first one with 4 man premade and 2nd with 3 man premade. Total 7 reports and 0 were justified, since i didnt do anything wrong and i didnt chat with them at all, but i did see them raging at me for some random reasons that had nothing to do with my play. During 2nd game i was put into LPQ. Never got answer as to why. So no games since i was in LPQ played, i come back, play 2 games, get 7 reports and LPQ because fuck me.

    Now this is feedback for which i always got answer "reports are being reviewed" but 0 proofs for this claim and 0 responds from valve support. If you dismiss all feedback because they dont fit with your picture of how this game is handled than i dont see a reason for this forum.

    EDIT2: Also i would like someone to give any information regarding getting into teams, (after 500 games played i was in team where 3 ppl played their first game) and how it affects players frustration. You play the game just to be rewarded by such teams? No apology or anything and instead you get punished by LPQ? How is it fair or how do you expect ppl not to get upset by this? And this isnt some situation you find yourself in because you deserve it or you were searching for such teams. No this is direct fault and injustice by valve and their MM, but your team mates can get satisfaction by reporting you for raging, while you cant even leave or afk and no one cares that your game got ruined also, and by putting you in such teams after history of raging and 100+ hours in LPQ, you are knowingly ruining the game for 4 other ppl, by placing such player in such environment. I never objected to LPQ after games like these because i did flame and it doesnt matter who started it, but the other side never got punished, nor did i receive any form of compensation for getting my time wasted and for getting trolled by MM.

    EDIT3: Not to mention frustration caused by losing streaks just to even your win/loss % which is also fault of flawed MM, yet it isnt MM that ruins the game by making them one-sided its your fault for noticing it.
    They just look at consequences and punish them but they do nothing about the cause.
    Last edited by BJSV; 10-24-2012 at 11:08 AM.

  10. #1010
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    257
    I believe it because it is common knowledge, and if you happened to read the forums you would already know that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •