Page 103 of 362 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3619

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJSV View Post
    @karadoc - I like how you joined in middle of argument and gave us your opinion based on things take out of context. Yes I dont like the way MM works, but it is no excuse for what I did or do or will continue to do, but MM sure isnt helping to make this game stress free. For your "There are heaps of players with well off 50% win rating." argument, i will just say exceptions that prove the rule.
    How can exceptions prove the rule? What a load of nonsense. You're just guessing how the match-making system works and then saying that counter-examples to your theory are somehow meant to be seen as evidence. That's weaksauce.

What is it that you are finding so stressful about the matchmaking system anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by karadoc View Post
    How can exceptions prove the rule? What a load of nonsense. You're just guessing how the match-making system works and then saying that counter-examples to your theory are somehow meant to be seen as evidence. That's weaksauce.

What is it that you are finding so stressful about the matchmaking system anyway?
    I am not guessing I am just looking at statistic, which is that almost all players have 50%. The exception that proves the rule is just a saying. One or two or even 1000 players are just insignificant compared to the rest of community.

What im finding stressful is being matched with ppl playing their first game in my team after i have played 500+ games. Or getting put into team with players that dont even understand basics of how the game works. Or getting into team with ppl that ruined the last game and got reported already, because guess what, they didnt learn anything since 5 mins ago. Or getting into team with ppl who dont speak a word of english yet we are supposed to play as a team. If i wanted to play single player games i wouldnt pick a multi player ones. All the reasons you can find in 225 pages long match making thread, and 115 pages long one sided games thread.

As I said I dont blame match making as direct cause for my behavior, its not even one of the bigger reasons, but it sure isnt helping. You cant expect from someone to be nice after 8 games losing streak just because MM wanted me to have 50%. And you cant say that I am losing because I get put into higher tier queue, because players are obviously worse. And than when you finally get a win it sure isnt because you or your team played well, but because enemy team got players that were in your team last game. Can count on fingers how many interesting, good and balanced games i played in 6 months. This will get fixed once we get private servers, as they were in war3 dota, with smaller communities where everyone knows each other and where everyone knows what to expect from his or enemies team.

But we are getting off topic since this is about report and ban feedback, which if it was checked and reviewed properly wouldnt hide the reasons behind the punishments.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BJSV View Post
    Dont want to edit previous post since it has nothing to do with that.

Why are LPQ queues shorter than normal ones? Because you put everyone who is in LPQ to play only with others in who are in LPQ. And honestly I dont get this. Having to wait 2-10 mins more for normal queue is just stupid and for reasons I already mentioned, LPQ turned out to be punishment only in for of denying you items. Is that what this game is about? Items?

What i suggest is simply denying those items, but leaving them in normal queue for faster games.
    I really think you make these assumptions into a truth for yourself. I have been in LPQ in the past due to internet cut-outs and typically I would wait 5-15 minutes for a match to pop up, only to have it declined for 4 found matches... resulting in a 30 minute queue. How on earth is that faster than a 1-5 minute regular queue, in which you MAY get a decline (sometimes), and right after it typically takes about 1 minute to find a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaruto View Post
    I really think you make these assumptions into a truth for yourself. I have been in LPQ in the past due to internet cut-outs and typically I would wait 5-15 minutes for a match to pop up, only to have it declined for 4 found matches... resulting in a 30 minute queue. How on earth is that faster than a 1-5 minute regular queue, in which you MAY get a decline (sometimes), and right after it typically takes about 1 minute to find a new one.
    Well half a year ago i was waiting 30+ mins for game, but now i dont have to wait more than 1 min. I usually get instantly into the game. Yes someone might decline the match but next one is found fast enough.

EDIT: I am playing only on EU. What server are you on? Here we have alot of russians in LPQ and its not so rare to see 9 russians in one game. Dont know but maybe thats the reason cause ppl are reporting them just because they are russians.

I recently opened this thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=59575, to try and understand how "reports" are used regarding numbers and statistics. This thread was closed with a highly inaccurate answer from a mod. A more official reply from steam support included:

"We understand your frustration, however, our system is automated and we have no way of adjusting..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRayTracer View Post
    I recently opened this thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=59575, to try and understand how "reports" are used regarding numbers and statistics. This thread was closed with a highly inaccurate answer from a mod. A more official reply from steam support included:

"We understand your frustration, however, our system is automated and we have no way of adjusting..."
    You got this answer from steam support?

Btw, what i would like to see is something like tribunal in LoL. Its not a perfect system but i think its still better than this. And instead of IP or what ever the currency in LoL is here they can give BPs.

EDIT: Is it possible that while in LPQ you get matched with ppl who got there for same reason as you did? That would explain the number of russians i get matched with since I am guessing they get reported for text abuse (spamming on russian) alot. Not to mention that my games in LPQ are pretty normal and quiet, while I see ppl saying they get alot of leavers while in LPQ, which doesnt happen to me. Also I had talk with a friend who was in LPQ because of leaves and his queues were 10-15 mins while mine were less than 2 mins at the time.
    This sounds dumb but queue times im getting in LPQ are really low...
    Last edited by BJSV; 10-25-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Basic Member
    can unpause in any way be considered an abuse ? I mean, if a friend needs to pause the game for a moment, and it does, but the other team unpauses the game on every attempt to pause from my team can I report them ?

Quote Originally Posted by bKn- View Post
    can unpause in any way be considered an abuse ? I mean, if a friend needs to pause the game for a moment, and it does, but the other team unpauses the game on every attempt to pause from my team can I report them ?
    I report them. If you asked nicely and explained the situation and reason behind the pause there is no excuse for unpausing.

BJSV, I don't think the queue time itself was ever intended as a punishment. Low priority just means exactly that - HPQ gets servers first or smth. To my understanding, LPQ exists as a quarantine so that nice players wouldn't have to play with griefers.

By that logic it would make a lot of sense to have LPQ be segregated by type of offense and since there's a lot of flamers, they might get games fast enough. I actually wouldn't mind having an even longer queue time than the flamer queue if that actually meant that I don't get flamers in game (which it currently doesn't).

As for the 50% winrate. Over a large enough sample size, any semi-decent rating system will arrive at almost everyone having 50% winrate. That doesn't mean that it is forcibly balanced. Currently Dotabuff reports that my longest winstreak is 10 games and longest lossstreak is 8 games. Note that at 50% winrate, a chance to get a 10-game streak is (1/2)^10 = 1/1024. If MM was enforcing 50% winrate, I'd expect these kinds of streaks to just not happen.

Basic Member

My 2 cents

More or less every match I play it will have someone asking to report someone else.
    Here is a list of examples of Report Abuse:

• If someone has a low kdr e.g. A Support has 6 Deaths 0 Kills (because he leaves them to the carries)
    • If someone goes in the "wrong lane" at the start
    • If someone buys different starting items
    • If someone 'steals' a kill whether intentional or not
    • If someone makes a bad hero pick
    • If someone does not buy wards instantly
      Pretty much anything to place the blame on another player regardless when the team is Loosing.

When should the Report tool be used?
    Text Abuse: When the player is abusive and uses profanities.
    Mic Abuse: When the player is abusive and uses profanities & and any form of Mic Spam.
    Intentional Ability Abuse: When someone uses their abilities to detriment their own team. E.g Using a Force Staff to push a team mate out of position, Venge Suicide Swap with a team mate.
    Intentional Feeding: What most player get reported for is when they die a few times repeatedly even though It is not their fault and purely circumstantial due to successful ganks ect...
    The only time someone should be reported for Intentional Feeding is when they are deliberately running at the opposition and getting killed on purpose by Heroes/Towers.

This feature needs to be fixed because there are players out there being victimised by people who are looking for a scapegoat when their team is loosing.