Page 11 of 362 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

Basic Member
    You guys do know that choosing with who to play based on a report would mess with matchmaking right?
    Players 1-10 are top 10 in matchmaking. Player 1 reports players 6-10. He has a higher probability of being matched with players 2-5 on a solo queue if they are all online. They could party, but it would affect their mmr and how the game rewards points. But in this case, they would solo queue and abuse the system.

If someone is a constant game ruiner, he deserves a punishment. Reports shouldn't be used as a "don't want to play with this guy" tool.

I hate how my reports even for gameruiners and racists disappear in thin air.

That`ll help newbies to play in a friendlier environment.

Gj Valve.

I do not like how commendations and reports are able to be submitted 10 times for each person you meet. I think that in this case having that ability decreases the value of commendations and reports as a whole. It would be a much better system if each person could only commend and report a certain player once. (Maybe not permanently but have them at least wait a week.) For commendations to have value they would have to tell you something about someone. This player has 20 commendations, he must be quite friendly, I want to play with him! However, with a lessened diversity that player could get all 20 commendations from his only 2 friends in dota, thus he is not necessarily friendly to all players he meets but his friends simply give commendations frequently.

I'm tired of griefers. I'm tired because I end up in teams with people whom I reported multiple times already. I'm tired because nothing changes.

There should be a commendation option for skillful play or perhaps a separate option where you are able to rate a players skill and role in the game as a whole. Like excellent support or solid carry or solod mid farmed for 30 min without ganking or calling ss. There are only a handful of possibilites and if you could just look at a players dota profile and see that he usually plays good support then u have a better idea of how to play with him for medium or high skilled players. This feature would be immensely more useful than the current commendation.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iridiumalchemist View Post
    There should be a commendation option for skillful play or perhaps a separate option where you are able to rate a players skill and role in the game as a whole. Like excellent support or solid carry or solod mid farmed for 30 min without ganking or calling ss. There are only a handful of possibilites and if you could just look at a players dota profile and see that he usually plays good support then u have a better idea of how to play with him for medium or high skilled players. This feature would be immensely more useful than the current commendation.
    If you read the entire thread, this has already been suggested before. It has the same problem of commendations and is more problematic because it has "interface credibility". A "new" player sees a profile with "gameplay indications" which are totally subjective and might be misleading. I know that you are not suggesting this to have any influence in matchmaking, as people suggested before, but the problem here is "interface credibility". People can already do it by themselves using other communication tools. Like recommendation lists on a forum, chat rooms and etc. But then it's way more clear when it's out of the interface what it really means.

In truth, neither the current report or commendation features do anything useful. Even if occasionally abused, this would be more useful. Also, an indicator that a player could set himself as novice, amateur, experience, pro, ect... as to his or her own estimation of skill level would be useful. The majority of people do not join dota games simply to troll- however, some people will always abuse. Still, this would be useful in the UI more so than on the forum. I practice with a team pretty regularly now, but I like to play by myself to try out new strats or item builds. These sort of improvements would make that a more fun process for everyone since I'm willing to assist new players provided I know they are new before the game devolves into feeding.

For instance, I've noticed many games that have the following skill content: 1 high skilled player on each team, 2 or 3 medium skilled players on each team, and 2 or 1 low skilled players on each team. It will ruin the game very quickly if you have a high skilled player solo against a low skilled player or put a low skilled player solo with another low skilled player jungling. If I could have explained this to my team before the game, it would have greatly improved the game for everyone.

Moreover, sometimes people play on other people's accounts so they r sorted into the wrong pool of players to play with. If they set this indicator to Novice, then people would understand and be more friendly about it rather than seeing someone has 300 wins and went battlefury with no boots on windrunner (I have seen this...).

Basic Member
    I should be able to report people more than once. Just had a game where someone was being racist, I reported him, it said "You have already submitted feedback about this player!".... This makes literally no sense, so because, probably some weeks ago I played with him in another game and reported him I can't report him for his blatent racism in the game I just played.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iridiumalchemist View Post
    In truth, neither the current report or commendation features do anything useful. Even if occasionally abused, this would be more useful. Also, an indicator that a player could set himself as novice, amateur, experience, pro, ect... as to his or her own estimation of skill level would be useful. The majority of people do not join dota games simply to troll- however, some people will always abuse. Still, this would be useful in the UI more so than on the forum. I practice with a team pretty regularly now, but I like to play by myself to try out new strats or item builds. These sort of improvements would make that a more fun process for everyone since I'm willing to assist new players provided I know they are new before the game devolves into feeding.

For instance, I've noticed many games that have the following skill content: 1 high skilled player on each team, 2 or 3 medium skilled players on each team, and 2 or 1 low skilled players on each team. It will ruin the game very quickly if you have a high skilled player solo against a low skilled player or put a low skilled player solo with another low skilled player jungling. If I could have explained this to my team before the game, it would have greatly improved the game for everyone.

Moreover, sometimes people play on other people's accounts so they r sorted into the wrong pool of players to play with. If they set this indicator to Novice, then people would understand and be more friendly about it rather than seeing someone has 300 wins and went battlefury with no boots on windrunner (I have seen this...).
    Well, people adding information on their profile about their playing style would be OK and helpful. Even if they rate themselves, because then you'll always take it with a grain(or ton) of salt. But players rating each others gameplaying would be quite unusefull. Not because of people asking friends to rate it, but because it's intrinsically subjective and meaningless. I can imagine new players rating the dagon bloodseeker as "great carry" and then later understanding what it really meant.

Banned
    Well, just played with a team of 3 russian game-ruiners/flamers/noobs who told everyone to report me (because that SF was so clever, Failpick, then going top, insulting his mate, says "I go afk" then comes and steals my mid, sucks there very hard, and feeds. Then the game results in a flamewar).
    Since they are 3, I doubt they will ever have to fear consequences - in contrast to me.

Pretty much ruined my day.