Page 13 of 362 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    I have a 50% winrate.
    That means, as soon as I win a game, I will get completely raped the next game without the possibility to do anything against it.
    It doesn't matter how good you are or how many games you win, when you waste half of your time with games that are not even near to enjoyable.
    The reason to play the game should be to have fun, not to get verbally harassed, or your time wasted.
    Congratulations, it appears you are now situated in the bracket relevant to your skill level. If you were better than the people you get placed with then you would climb the rankings with an average winrate of 55.6%.

But I am sorry that you are one of the snowflakes that wants to win or not bother because being reminded that losing is a consequence of there being a winner is depressing.

And you accuse me of derailing when effecitvely what you have done is the same as all the threads that get locked, posted a game ID saying 'LOOK HOW BAD THESE RUSRUSRUS PEOPLE ARE'

Even though Day[9] is more involved with Starcraft, I would advise watching his lessons on how to learn from losing and how to cope with loss.
    Last edited by Rugz; 03-16-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    Congratulations, it appears you are now situated in the bracket relevant to your skill level. If you were better than the people you get placed with then you would climb the rankings with an average winrate of 55.6%.

But I am sorry that you are one of the snowflakes that wants to win or not bother because being reminded that losing is a consequence of there being a winner is depressing.
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/52...8C01115C74821/
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/52...9086917D9D86C/

What would you do in this situation? Since you're so pro.

And you accuse me of derailing when effecitvely what you have done is the same as all the threads that get locked, posted a game ID saying 'LOOK HOW BAD THESE RUSRUSRUS PEOPLE ARE'
    *shaking head*. What do you want from me?
    Last edited by Typhox; 03-16-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/52...8C01115C74821/

What would you do in this situation? Since you're so pro.
    Lose, obviously. But I never said I wouldn't, losing is part of the game, and Dota is a team game.

What I would do if I was interested would be to go back over the game and work out why I only managed 30 cs after 15 minutes as OD with 0 denies, given that I can't work that out from just a screenshot. I'd then probably work out if picking up Sanity's Eclipse before level 9 with that level of farm was a decent idea given the situation.

I would then take this new knowledge and requeue as a better player with a greater understanding of the role of OD in a team.

Banned
    What I would do if I was interested would be to go back over the game and work out why I only managed 30 cs after 15 minutes as OD with 0 denies, given that I can't work that out from just a screenshot. I'd then probably work out if picking up Sanity's Eclipse before level 9 with that level of farm was a decent idea given the situation.

I would then take this new knowledge and requeue as a better player with a greater understanding of the role of OD in a team.
    Well, I could give you the answer but you won't like it. I stopped farming when that ursa came out of fog with imba items and killed me within 0.5 seconds. Actually I stopped playing seriously when he went Beyond Godlike around minute 6.
    Until then I did quite decent. After that, I spent most of my time like 2 of my allies afk in the base, watching them destroying our towers.
    The game is pointless to be continued at the point where your enemies have a much higher level and you're playing a 1vs5 game. I tried my best to not ruin my stat and killed that ursa once before the game ended. The only thing I can learn from that game is that I have better chances to win if i was playing 1vs5 games.
    Actually, Sanities Eclipse was the best thing I have done in that game. Got me two kills in the end and effectively prevented my enemies coming close to me.
    Last edited by Typhox; 03-16-2012 at 05:54 AM.

It does not matter who started derailing the thread first.

If you want to argue with each other, do so in private. Any further posts that has nothing to do with commendations, reports or bans will be deleted.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Banned
    There really needs to be a report button to report afk griefers... this is a very common issue that there is no report for.
    Kids pick all agi carry heroes get raped early game and then decide theres no chance and sit at fountain... sometimes a game definately is over but sometimes theres still a chance and people want to play. ADD THIS BUTTON PLz

One of the biggest problems with Dota is that it is very hard to help noobs- especially slightly above average noobs. You can be patient and logically make your point and they will ignore you and even flame for attempting to help them claiming you don't know how to play dota. A rating system like I've suggested would help lend credence to players ability to advise other players. For instance- and this has happened many times: Suppose the other team has 5 disables then your carry would be best rushing a BKB. Instead, bloodseeker rushes a dagon 3 and your team loses miserably and everyone wonders why because you are playing with 4 noobs. Suppose, you are laning with a silencer against a vs and an aa. You explain to the silencer that it would best to max his first skill to harass them and get 1 in glaives and max his third skill to prevent the double stun. Instead, he goes glaives and stats maxed never getting first skill or third skill. Needless to say, he feeds something like 0-5-0 in 9 minutes. AND he flames me saying "mana burn is for pussies" and "silencer can't win a game with his 3rd skill". There's no point in even reporting this guy- he's just a noob. He has no idea what's going on, but I was trying to help him. What can I do to convince him? Point to my 20 commendations for friendliness? or my 6 for teaching?

If, instead I had 20 commendations for playing skillfully and classified myself as an experienced player, this would at least add weight to my argument and then he might have listened. I'm giving a suggestion that I believe would sincerely improve the current system and make the game better for everyone. I understand my rationale is basically, "it would be the team's best interest if you listened to people that are better than you" and this is somewhat subjective, but it makes it no less true. I played chess competitively. I did not become a master level chess player telling people I'm gonna move this goddamn pawn no matter what anyone does at this point in the game. I listened to people BETTER than me. Moreover, if I could see similar stuff on other people's dota UI, then I wouldn't be so worried when I see them doing something that may be unorthodox, but reasonable. For instance, I wouldn't suggest anyone rush bfury on the davion, but I have seen very good players do that and farm well enough because of it that it worked out. I would try to advise someone not to do that in general, but if I see they have 20 commendations for good play and classify themselves as an expert player or something, then my advice will just be annoying to them and is probably not needed.

Typhox, you are just running into some bad luck with those two games. In those games I recognize the names of 4 trolls (2 in each). People who can play, but often choose to game ruin. I don't even know what to do about people like that... Maybe a +1 for a trolling stat.

and I don't think reports do anything.. there are even multiple trolls in some matches....

Valve.. you will let your game turn to shit if you don't ban the shit heads
    Last edited by CvP; 03-16-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Banned
    First things first, can we get confirmation on what the report function actually does and how it works? Does it send you to low priority queue only or does it have a chance of banning you? Are the players who are reported somehow governed/decided on by valve personnel or an automatic system? Does it automatically hand out things based on reports and that is that? I know that I am in "good standing" with the community according to my account. I have 10 friendly commendations, 5 forgiving, 6 teaching, 5 leadership on my profile. And I know that, after having a LOT of good games yesterday and abandoning one match I am suddenly in the low priority queue for 13 days, and unable to talk at all in my matches because I'm apparently "Flagged as being disruptive".

If the report function is as simple as "he called me noob I'm reporting him" and that automatically takes away your talking privileges then I don't believe there is any point in trying to be supportive of new players, teaching them anything or giving advice because most players of this game simply get butthurt and rage report.

Also, can we get some info on how abandons correlate to your time in low priority? I know for every 2 abandons that I did (of which 2 were actual dc's and 1 for time constraints) I got about another day in the low priority queue. At 8 abandons I was in it for 3 days. Now its 13 days. How does that work?
    Last edited by GrandBreaker; 03-16-2012 at 04:24 PM.