Page 2 of 362 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

How about a 20 min treshold before you can commend. Report shouldn't have such a thing. And the amount of commendations related to your reports would slightly effect your queue time.

I think the system idea is nice but I haven't received any confirmation that my reports had any result on banning players. I also have some suggestions to make:

1. There are some report options that are not included. For example, there was a game that I was spectating that Naix was in the jungle cutting trees with his queling blade the whole early game and only started to play properly when everyone was 10 lvls above him. I reported him with the intentional feeding option although this is not the right description of his behavior. I think there should be a option like "Ruining the game intentionally" for this kind of behavior.

2. I really like the feature that you can see how many commends per type you have received but it would be more awesome if we could also see what's the commentary of each commend.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddict View Post
    2. I really like the feature that you can see how many commends per type you have received but it would be more awesome if we could also see what's the commentary of each commend.
    Aw yeah
    I'm surprised this isn't shown so far. And sad about it.

Banned
    commend system is garbage and not needed; all that is happening are people trading each other for commend "points".
    much like tf2's professor specs; they were intended to be a reward for helping teach new players; instead they are sold when people make new accounts for idling. good idea; poor implementation.

all that is needed is a report system.

Basic Member
    I think it would be nice if commend was expanded to also include 'teamplayer'. Sometimes I want to commend people for simply being awesome at what they do, i.e a support player really doing an amazing job, or a laning partner being a true gentleman but I miss the option to. (Sure I could just commend them for being friendly, but that doesn't entirely do justice imo)

Other than that, the system has merit imo. Just need to get people to use it more.

There should be a little more transparency on Valve's side as to what reporting actually does. This latest patch's claim of informing you when people you've reported have been banned is a good step, but even that step feels hastily implemented. As this is a steam game, people can change their username at any time. Will the message you receive tell you the user's current steam name, or the name that user had when you reported him? If the former, will the message you receive give you information about the actual game that caused you to report the person?

What's the criteria for a ban? Is it after you acquire a certain number of total reports? After you hit a threshold on each individual report reason? Is it after people report you for multiple offenses at once, or if a certain number of people report you in a single game?

And, as asked above, will there be a report function for intentional game ruining/disruption? I've had people scream into the mic and feed 20 deaths, but I've also had people farm in the jungle or a lane for between 20 and 40 minutes, refusing to help in teamfights, defend, push, or even communicate why they're ruining the game. As there is no communication, that takes out two of the four current report options. As someone who doesn't come into contact with another player, be it friend or foe, they cannot hurt allies with their skills, nor feed the enemy kills.

i think commendation is lacking a category like 'playing well'. if im carried by a 30-0 w/e hero player, id like to comment him for playing well (even if isnt friendly, forgiving, teaching or leading us ingame)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
    i think commendation is lacking a category like 'playing well'. if im carried by a 30-0 w/e hero player, id like to comment him for playing well (even if isnt friendly, forgiving, teaching or leading us ingame)
    I think the problem with that is that carries will get commended more than support (by most people). The ranking in mm should help sort that out in any case.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    I've had several games when a player from my team is just basically ruinning the game, but no report option would reflects his actions. Actions such as picking a mid hero and refusing to go sidelane after the team alredy has a mid hero, forcing the other guy to dual mid or go sidelane, supports that go 0/6 but yet they refuse to ward, AFKing, destroying items, feeding courrier. There should be a "ruining game" report buttom.
    It would also be good if you could actually get to know if the guy you reported did effectively get punished for it or not.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkn0wn View Post
    I think it would be nice if commend was expanded to also include 'teamplayer'. Sometimes I want to commend people for simply being awesome at what they do, i.e a support player really doing an amazing job, or a laning partner being a true gentleman but I miss the option to. (Sure I could just commend them for being friendly, but that doesn't entirely do justice imo)

Other than that, the system has merit imo. Just need to get people to use it more.
    that ^
    Quote Originally Posted by GuilleN View Post
    I've had several games when a player from my team is just basically ruinning the game, but no report option would reflects his actions. Actions such as picking a mid hero and refusing to go sidelane after the team alredy has a mid hero, forcing the other guy to dual mid or go sidelane, supports that go 0/6 but yet they refuse to ward, AFKing, destroying items, feeding courrier. There should be a "ruining game" report buttom.
    It would also be good if you could actually get to know if the guy you reported did effectively get punished for it or not.
    and that ^ +1 from me.