Page 3 of 362 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

Basic Member
    I don't know how does the report system works, but I've reported a lot of obvious griefers and haven't once got a success notice. I'm pretty sure judging from that game, they do this every single time. I wonder how many reports does it take for it to actually do something. Also do you get a notice when they are muted due to reports or only when they are put into low priority?

Quote Originally Posted by GuilleN View Post
    I've had several games when a player from my team is just basically ruinning the game, but no report option would reflects his actions. Actions such as picking a mid hero and refusing to go sidelane after the team alredy has a mid hero, forcing the other guy to dual mid or go sidelane, supports that go 0/6 but yet they refuse to ward, AFKing, destroying items, feeding courrier. There should be a "ruining game" report buttom.
    It would also be good if you could actually get to know if the guy you reported did effectively get punished for it or not.
    I doubt there will ever be a general "played bad" report function as that would be unfair to beginners.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to report feeding courier and destroying items as hero feeding. I know many people are already doing that.

Basically, reporting is for intentionally ruining the game for people. They've tried to make categories that reflect this without unfairly targetting beginners.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    Report function doesn't work. I just finished a game, the Radiant's Balanar flamed us hard, wrote "I'll fuck your mothers", and we said nothing at all, we just killed him once, maybe twice.

But he doesn't care. Why? Because I reported him, and he won't be banned anyway. Yesterday, I reported someone who told us freely that we were "dickless nazis", after we ganked him in his own jungle, I reported him, but he won't be banned ... again.

You can say to those guys : "you know I'll report you right?". Then, they just laugh at your face, 'cause they know they are taking 0 risk, that no one actually cares. Impunity at its peak.

What's the point of this tool? Feeders on purpose won't be banned because they are "beginners", so that's "ok" if they feed (most of the time, they aren't newbies anyway). Yeah ... Why not .... So, why would you ban flamers? Afterall, they are just victims of the Tourette syndrome IRL. We shouldn't blame them either. Poor guys ... Oh, and Chens can TP you non-stop base, because they are not doing it purposely either. They just missclicked (btw, I already did a game with such Chen, reported him for nothing ofc).

This game is going to be really bad if you can't manage to repress flamers. Just ban everyone of them (24h/3days for instance) to make them understand that they can't say whatever they want, or else, enjoy the moutfhul swearer community.
    Last edited by Nisa; 02-24-2012 at 11:02 AM.

@Nisa - It does put people in low-priority and they do eventually ban people. People have come to these forums whining about being banned, so we know that for a fact.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    It is fundamentally broken. Report mobs from streamers and commend mobs completely undermine the entire system. No solo queue only matchmaking also undermines the system heavily. It would work a lot better if a recent game was required with a player in order to file a report, but that doesn't fix everything. There is a huge difference between a simple rager, sexual/racial harasser, and a game thrower and this system doesn't have any such way to distinguish between the three.

Basic Member
    We need a "Unskilled Player" report function

NOT for banning purposes
    I repeat, NOT for banning

Solely to improve matchmaking (once you implemented it, ofc.)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5chneemensch View Post

NOT for banning purposes

not a good ideea,if you have players only good as supp and cant do anything in march cause of mass ganking,they will be reported unfairly

Quote Originally Posted by 5chneemensch View Post

NOT for banning purposes

If someone is unskilled then they will cause losses, which will bring them down in the mm anyway.

Basic Member
    I've reported a few people for things that should definitely get you banned, especially racism. I played against one player that started raging when were losing, starting typing out a series of unprovoked racial attacks including calling other players "ch*nks" and telling a player that he should "get raped by a pack of n*ggers", and then proceeded to spend all his gold on couriers and feed them to the enemy team. This player claimed valve would not ban him because he "spent too much money" and I have still not recieved a notification that he was banned (per the Feb 17 patch notes). If this is not behaviour worth being banned over, then what is? Does Valve believe that putting such abusive players in a leaver queue for 24 hours will change anything? Not to mention that it really didn't take much to set this guy off so I find it hard to believe it was his first time. How can valve expect to improve the community in any way when not banning players like this that would be banned in almost any other game with a report system?

E: In case it wasn't clear; I included all this information in the report I submitted and my teammates claimed to have reported him as well although I can't be sure of this.
    Last edited by tone144; 02-26-2012 at 12:42 AM.

@tone144 - You did the right thing. The problem is that I doubt there is a team of people investigating all of the reports during a beta. What's more likely is that someone is looking at those that are at the extreme scale of the reports and banning them if the reports are valid. Just keep reporting when appropriate and things will eventually work out.