Page 311 of 363 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 321 361 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3622

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

Basic Member
    - Players in Low Priority are only allowed to play All Random games (Coop bot games are also no longer allowed)
    - Maximum Low Priority penalty reduced from 16 to 5 games
    - Reduced the rate that reports become available by 50%
    !!!
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Japan/Siberia Server!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYnv View Post
    !!!
    This is actually a great thing. I still dislike the fact that the system is still automated but the fact that there is 50% less reports, may cause ppl to stop false reporting so often. This isn't a solution, but its first aid I assume. As i have understanded this system, first it doesn't get you low priority easily and there may be some guy checking on it. But after you get some reports, you get lp automatically for more reports. Then there may be false reports which cause that kinda shit. Lets hope this works.

Ps. After two weeks maybe I can take a few low prio games and play some dota afterall.

No is not a great thing, It's happening more faster now, you will get low priority more faster and you will spend more games in the low. It's a shit.

PLEASE re-enable ARDM for LPQ. That was such a nice way to get through games..
    Last edited by Kaiverrettu; 02-12-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Basic Member
    This is quite silly, just because you take out the ardm, people are still going to try to ruin the game to get out of LPQ quicky.. there will be people feeding intentionally just to stack 1 person and what not. If you guys are reall that money hungry, i'll be more than happy to pay to get out of LPQ and so would a lot of other people.. Just remember though, you guy's will be thieves .. but i guess it's not considered robbery if we are willing right? Please just do something about this crap.

Basic Member
    What the hell is this?! It's already bad that first offenders through reports or abandon for whtever legitimate or unduly reason are in a high-risk bracket and it's already much worse that there isn't a reset to lpq games so waiting any amount of time will still net you 16 games and keep you in high risk bracket permanently until you guys make a global lpq reset which are far and few between. For god sake you only need to be reported in 2 separate matches to be thrown in lpq by any high-risk bracket player with whatever childish reason they have against you and you'll be playing all random for 16 games again that are now in an average of 30 minutes because players, for some god-awful reason want to play all random legit in lpq.

There's is absolutely no call for making things even worse than how things already are. You've practically doomed every lpq player into a shit storm they can't escape from and the only hope they have is to make a new account and start all over.

PLEASE RELEASE DETAILS ON HOW YOUR REPORTS AND LOW PRIORITY SYSTEM WORKS, BECAUSE RIGHT NOW IT IS VERY FLAWED AND YOU ARE MAKING THINGS A NIGHTMARE FOR ANYONE WHO GETS CAUGHT IN THIS SPIRAL.

Banned
    So i get put in the low priority pool for crushing the enemy in mid... Thanks alot valve.
    MatchID: 1233463355

Mid gets crushed and now Im in low priority pool. thanks alot.

Basic Member
    This is probably not going to be a popular idea here but the current report system is just unacceptable. People get new reports like kids get candy on Halloween, and people just randomly throw reports whenever they do something they don't like, whether that's offending them or not defending t1/t2s against an enemy team with more farm/better early game, etc. This is especially bad for people on smurfs because at lower MMR, people want to defend every tower rather than farm and eventually overtake the enemy team's networth.

For my example, my smurf, which I originally made to play with my irl friends who have very little experience in dota, got caliberated at 4.3k~, which is 800 below my main. At first I didn't really care about ranked on my smurf and just picked random heroes and did my all hero challenge, but I got bored after a while and decided to try and up the MMR on that account. Like I mentioned above, people at lower mmr try to defend every tower which is extremely game losing and the exact reason why they don't get better. When you fall behind early game or have weaker team fights, you can't afford to run around 5 manning and lose towers + feed the enemy kills when you should be split pushing, trading towers, and farming up your items. When you tell your team to do otherwise, they don't listen and end up blaming you when they feed.

Anyways, the point of the example is that a lot of these reports being thrown around are not actually based on the reasons stated (intentional feeding, ability abuse, communication abuse) but for other reasons which is out of the "norm" at that specific MMR. This is just absurd because from what I understand, people get thrown into LP based on the number of reported games divided by the total amount of games. You can see why this plus the different state of mind at lower MMR would make it very easy for smurfs to get into LP, regardless of actual game behavior.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm an angel, I do get into verbal jousting every now and then. It usually escalates from "why did you do X?" in to the usual "you're so bad", etc. But the point is, I act in the exact same manner on my main and I've never been to LP on that account before. I have been muted for a total of 48 hours on that account which imo isn't much considering I've got over 3000 hours on it. Also taking into consideration that Dota is in itself, a very potentially rage inducing game. If someone flames me, I wouldn't even consider reporting them unless they're actually ruining the game or stepping out of bounds with their insults because that's exactly how dota has been played for the last 10 years. I understand this is not a popular mindset, especially for newer players, but the whole idea of LP and how the current reports work is not helping anyone. I don't mind if I get muted, but how does throwing me in LP and forcing me to waste my time on AR LP games help anything? This game is naturally rage inducing so can valve please stop trying to force us all to be little angels because that is not how this game works.

The point is, if people think I'm toxic and report me based on communication abuse and I get muted, fine, I'll take it for what it is. But don't throw me into an LP pool and force me to waste my time when I have not intentionally fed or abused any of my ability. This is especially infuriating because there's no checking whatsoever before a player actually gets thrown into LP and it's all based on some random "reported %" that Valve's made up.

Edit: Also can we maybe have some transparency as to why we get reported or whatever and maybe we can go from there? Dota games take a long time and it's just absurd that Valve can force us to waste our time on LP games and not even give any reasons as to why we are in LP or how the report system even works. Everything's is just so mind numbing and whoever thought up of this report system needs to relieve himself of his job.

Basic Member
    @kengan

Fucking this. The human element in the "semi-automated" system of lpq from devs is absolute bullshit and minimal at best. This whole thing is automated meaning any kid with the large amount of reports at his disposal gets to report anyone for any stupid reason he wants to, in which then that player will get punished and sent to lpq even if the reason has no legitimacy. This shit is infuriating because nobody can avoid mistakes or a bad game and being sent to lpq because someone else feels like you should be there because of said mistakes and/bad game is just plain silly.

You are giving people too much power over this with the report system you have right now and provided no explanation as to the whys or hows regarding reports and lpq. WHO DESIGNED THIS SYSTEM AND WHY AREN'T THEY ELABORATING ON THE MATTER?

suggestion: ~5k+ players cant be reported, instead you can just mute them if you don't like playing with them and they won't be placed in your team (maximum of 20 bans)

reason: games at 5k~6k often have the same people playing it so you will find the same people often, while games in 1k-4k have way too many people so even if you ban them you probabbly wont find them again anwyays