Page 4 of 362 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

Basic Member
    Can someone explain how many games need to be abandoned in order to be put in the 'low priority' category. Yesterday my PC crashed and I returned after 7-8 mins in the game, however I was given another 'abandoned game' mark. I have a total of 2 abandoned games including this one and I'm in the low priority because of this. It is really annoying because I returned to the game but now me and my friends have to bear with this and play with other ppl who apparently I am not part of. Please, give me an answer.

Basic Member
    abandon one game, 24 h low priority. Abandon another game while in low priority, longer duration in low priority

Basic Member
    If someone is unskilled then they will cause losses, which will bring them down in the mm anyway.
    Then everyone will get in the worse bracket, because of ONE

Everyone will get worse anyway because of the loss, but the point is to even the chances on all the players in the same bracket, and not let the one join another game and ruins it

not a good ideea,if you have players only good as supp and cant do anything in march cause of mass ganking,they will be reported unfairly
    You actually have a point because this community fails to differ between a "good" support and a "bad" support
    But I still think this is needed, else we have more unintended game ruiners then even matches

And the point of MM is even matches, and not forced 50% winrate

Basic Member
    One thing that people seem to misunderstand is what commendation and reports are about.

Commendation has to do with social aspects of the game, how people interact socially, not how they do it gameplay wise(good role execution, teamplayer, etc). But the categories seems to overlap too much. How is it that a Forgiving players is not Friendly? How is it that a Teaching player is not Friendly? Will anybody commend someone "rage teaching" as Teaching? Or a "sarcastic forgiving"(I do it sometimes when I'm in a bad mood) as Forgiving? Friendly seems to not be quite useful.

Reports are about "poisons" in the community. But people must understand that "raging" is part of Dota for many years. There's a difference between someone raging at someone doing bad stuff and someone dedicating to racism and personnal insults. I die at a predictable gank, someone calls me "f*cking noob". That's ok for me. Someone goes "I f*cked your mother" and wall texting(which means not playing and losing focus, btw) insults, that is not ok. Also reports aren't about bad players. People with no map awareness, dieing repeatly and farming advanced lanes are bad players, not "intentional game ruiners". It's hard to decide, because you can troll(shame on me, I can manage to do that quite easily) but imposing that people should play at 100% all the time is not feasiable. So MM takes care of that: those who play 100% get higher than those who don't(casual, trolling, etc).

Basic Member
    Reporting is getting abused constantly...for example, I had a bad game with Mirana a few days ago (not the hero I like to play, but it was SD and we decided she would be good for team composition). I died a few times at the beginning and Vengeful spirit from my team started swearing at me, calling me "motherf***ing russian" (although i am nowere near from russia), flaming all the time, so I called everyone to report him...anyway, he said he reported me, god knows for what...at the same time our team didnt have a courier or a single ward...

this is just an example but I'm sure many players report someone just because they dont get to go mid, or dazzle doesnt cast shallow grave on them on time, or carry farms a bit too much, ignoring ganking...

I'm not sure how to solve this, because it's pretty impossible to have every single report reviewed by someone from Valve.

There should be only one like and dislike button for everyone. Nobody takes the time to consider if they meet all 4 commendations or not; they just check it all.

YouTube once had a 5-star rating system until they realized everybody just voted for 1, 3 or 5 so they changed it to just like and dislike.

Similar situation to what happened to the posters above... I was playing with a stack of 4 really bad mannered players who also made horrible decisions all game and blamed me throughout (notice, I haven't flamed them once, just calmly continued to play my role), and said they'll report me after game also asking the other team to do so. I really hope admins go through "reported" replays before making decisions.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    Similar situation to what happened to the posters above... I was playing with a stack of 4 really bad mannered players who also made horrible decisions all game and blamed me throughout (notice, I haven't flamed them once, just calmly continued to play my role), and said they'll report me after game also asking the other team to do so. I really hope admins go through "reported" replays before making decisions.

The same thing happened to me. At least all 4 of them (same clan tags) threatened to report me for being a feeder (2nd lowest death count, 2nd highest kills+assists).
    I see a problem if reports will be punished very hard. In my case it might still be easy to detect that the 4 reports against me are all not justified but if you think about a support player this might be harder to do and the wrong people might get punished.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    This happens to me somewhat often when I play with a stack of friends. It's why we need a solo queue, stacks are no fun to play with or against.

Basic Member
    There definitely needs to be more encouragement to commend great teammates. There also needs to be more options to commend someone: Skilled Player. And more options to Report Someone: AFK, Refusing to Communicate with Team.

Commending also needs to do something, there needs to be a reward.