Page 51 of 362 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet tooth View Post
    I think That when you are commended while in Low priority, it should decrease the time a little bit and if you are reported while in low priority then you should get time added. This would further the accuracy of the true people who should really be in low priority and who shouldnt.
    Then everyone in LPQ would just commend everyone and get out scott free. LPQ already has an entirely minimal affect on trolls, this would destroy any chance it has of becoming something worthwhile in the future.

Basic Member
    My commendations don't reset anymore, they are stuck on "remaining : 0" since 19th June.
    can't commend anyone at all

Basic Member
    Some Ideas:

You should only be able to report / commend players you are currently playing with or players of your last game.
    (Begging for commends in chat destroys the system)

COMMEND

A little UI change would be the commend system much more easier to use. Like a (big) button at the end of the game "commend".

It should be more clear what report issues are. Some NOT report examples (in m humble opinion):
    - Buying strange/uncommon items for your hero
    - Just be the baddest player of the team
    - Playing bad
    - Sometimes missuse of a ability (i got reported for using Shadow Demons Disruption on an ally at a "bad" time).

Reasons for reports are:
    - Insults (nobody deserve to be called asshole, nazi, nigga, ...)
    - AFK / Leaving (staying at base in a lost game, if the whole team agreed to it, is ok. But communication with team is rarly possible, because there are so many non-english speakers (Server EU))
    - Obviouse feeding (running to the enemy team alone directly after respawn) Feeding is NOT, if you die 2-3 times trying to defend something. Even if it was stupid to try to defend this alone, but that is just bad play and no reason for a report!

I suggest basicly three things:

1. Make it more clear what are the reasons for reports. The four categories are nice, but afk/leaving isn't a category right now.

2. If a player reports just anybody without a real reason he should be punished. That might sound strange, but think it like this: you can call the police if someone threats to kill you, but if you call the police without a reason you are the evil player.

3. Take more actions against insults. I play online games since Quake 2 / StarCraft and i know times where nobody was called "noob" or even get insulted with "asshole". At that time you have to look for nice teammates, because there was no match-making system. If you want to get decent partners and enemys you had to be polite!
    Today in nearly every match some player insult other players. This is not the atmosphere i want to spend my free time. (btw a language filter is not a solution!)

Conclusion of conclusion:

1. More precise reasons for reports
    2. Measures against no-reason report spamers
    3. Measures against insults

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exerior View Post
    Some Ideas:

You should only be able to report / commend players you are currently playing with or players of your last game.
    (Begging for commends in chat destroys the system)

COMMEND

A little UI change would be the commend system much more easier to use. Like a (big) button at the end of the game "commend".

It should be more clear what report issues are. Some NOT report examples (in m humble opinion):
    - Buying strange/uncommon items for your hero
    - Just be the baddest player of the team
    - Playing bad
    - Sometimes missuse of a ability (i got reported for using Shadow Demons Disruption on an ally at a "bad" time).

Reasons for reports are:
    - Insults (nobody deserve to be called asshole, nazi, nigga, ...)
    - AFK / Leaving (staying at base in a lost game, if the whole team agreed to it, is ok. But communication with team is rarly possible, because there are so many non-english speakers (Server EU))
    - Obviouse feeding (running to the enemy team alone directly after respawn) Feeding is NOT, if you die 2-3 times trying to defend something. Even if it was stupid to try to defend this alone, but that is just bad play and no reason for a report!

I suggest basicly three things:

1. Make it more clear what are the reasons for reports. The four categories are nice, but afk/leaving isn't a category right now.

2. If a player reports just anybody without a real reason he should be punished. That might sound strange, but think it like this: you can call the police if someone threats to kill you, but if you call the police without a reason you are the evil player.

3. Take more actions against insults. I play online games since Quake 2 / StarCraft and i know times where nobody was called "noob" or even get insulted with "asshole". At that time you have to look for nice teammates, because there was no match-making system. If you want to get decent partners and enemys you had to be polite!
    Today in nearly every match some player insult other players. This is not the atmosphere i want to spend my free time. (btw a language filter is not a solution!)

Conclusion of conclusion:

1. More precise reasons for reports
    2. Measures against no-reason report spamers
    3. Measures against insults

oh thank GOD! its about time someone said it. i actually got told today by the enemy team that i was getting reported for going 11-2-5 with PL today. BOOM instant LPQ and i did NOTHING wrong. ive only been playing Dota 2 for less then 2 days and im already at 2 days of LPQ? REALLY!?!?! one thing to add. a REAL PERSON needs to be looking at the reports its the ONLY way to make it fair and balanced. i mean honestly. you think a bot is going to be able to say. oh thats a troll report so no i WONT punish him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauchs View Post
    oh thank GOD! its about time someone said it. i actually got told today by the enemy team that i was getting reported for going 11-2-5 with PL today. BOOM instant LPQ and i did NOTHING wrong. ive only been playing Dota 2 for less then 2 days and im already at 2 days of LPQ? REALLY!?!?! one thing to add. a REAL PERSON needs to be looking at the reports its the ONLY way to make it fair and balanced. i mean honestly. you think a bot is going to be able to say. oh thats a troll report so no i WONT punish him?
    100% agree. Real people need to be looking at these report. I hate the gameplay of league of legends, but the fact is, a lot of their policies and procedures are brilliant. For their reporting, they have a forum, where regular people like you and I, go and vote on whether to punish or forgive a person. For example, Person A would be reported in 12 games, then you would be able to see all his 12 games, the chats in all 12 games, the items he had, the lvl KDA he had everything. And then if you think hes really not a bad person and say, just a noob, then u forgive. If the person has an overwhelming forgives, then the moderators dont even bother looking at the details, they just forgive, adn the same for when there is an overwhelming punish. When its close to 50 50, then the moderators go into it themselves. The incentive for people to go on the forum and spend time voting like this is that for each vote they gave that turned out to be the final result, they get points. In dota we can do that with battle points, or perhaps even items after a specific number of correct votes. Its really quite brilliant.

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructoboy View Post
    100% agree. Real people need to be looking at these report. I hate the gameplay of league of legends, but the fact is, a lot of their policies and procedures are brilliant. For their reporting, they have a forum, where regular people like you and I, go and vote on whether to punish or forgive a person. For example, Person A would be reported in 12 games, then you would be able to see all his 12 games, the chats in all 12 games, the items he had, the lvl KDA he had everything. And then if you think hes really not a bad person and say, just a noob, then u forgive. If the person has an overwhelming forgives, then the moderators dont even bother looking at the details, they just forgive, adn the same for when there is an overwhelming punish. When its close to 50 50, then the moderators go into it themselves. The incentive for people to go on the forum and spend time voting like this is that for each vote they gave that turned out to be the final result, they get points. In dota we can do that with battle points, or perhaps even items after a specific number of correct votes. Its really quite brilliant.
    I agree completely and have stated it MANY times around here (in this thread and others). The community is always more than willing to add a helping hand in things like this. We are the ones who are affected by it and we are the ones who want to make sure proper punishments are handed out. Both Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends do this, and it works wonderfully in both scenarios. I love getting new heroes, balances, UI changes, etc...but I do think it is truly time to get a better report system together.

Here is what needs to happen.

• Community driven reviews
    • Clear reasons to report and reasons not to report (someone getting outplayed and losing their lane is not reportable and people do it ALL the time)
    • Staff to evaluate and make final decisions (Valve or approved volunteers)
    • Ban Appeals (wrong decisions happen sometimes no matter what system is in place)
    • Better punishments for those found "guilty"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PharCyDeD View Post
    I agree completely and have stated it MANY times around here (in this thread and others). The community is always more than willing to add a helping hand in things like this. We are the ones who are affected by it and we are the ones who want to make sure proper punishments are handed out. Both Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends do this, and it works wonderfully in both scenarios. I love getting new heroes, balances, UI changes, etc...but I do think it is truly time to get a better report system together.

Here is what needs to happen.

• Community driven reviews
    • Clear reasons to report and reasons not to report (someone getting outplayed and losing their lane is not reportable and people do it ALL the time)
    • Staff to evaluate and make final decisions (Valve or approved volunteers)
    • Ban Appeals (wrong decisions happen sometimes no matter what system is in place)
    • Better punishments for those found "guilty"
    And for all you nay sayers out there remember this. DotA 1 was the start of the MMOBA style game. This is ture. But lol and hon took it one step further but improving quality and QA for its players. DotA2 came in late on this scene but dota2 is still a good game. But if its a game full of trolls that all valve will have is an ok game full of trolls.. that no real player will EVER spend money on.

That's just my 2 cents. Don't believe me though? Look at rise of immortals...

Basic Member
    I just want to say that sometimes you report people for "afking and avoiding detection" during important times of the game, but they might just be reading the shop or stuff like that, because they are total beginners. That might be frustrating to new players, to be put in low priority only for being "slow" in the game.

In this match: 22179494, riki afked(with inv near towers) at some important moments and I reported him. I received a quick window dialog informing of actions, but then I looked at number of wins and his stats and realized he could have been just new and slow with the interface and fast game pace. Totally unfair.

Basic Member
    I have no idea why I'm placed in the low priority section when I have 0 abandons for the past few months. The only single abandon that I have, was a match going over 60 mins and I had to go to work and I explained clearly to all players I had to go so long back.

The one reason that I suspect is reporting me when I called allies/enemies noobs for feeding a ton of deaths, and spoiling games in general, and friends of the players start "reporting".

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003712019

Even if it's only "1 day" low priority, I have never been a bad player for feeding intentionally or spoiling the game, ever. I take dota serious enough because it's a game where 9 other people are playing in it, and I refuse to take this lying down, especially when I play the game only during my off work days.

On the other hand, since I found out about this thread, I'm going to report players for intentionally leaving games. This player lovejulie types in game "I sleep now" and left the game, which honestly made me furious because he didn't even bother to apologize or try to finish the game. Attached is the following screenshot in game.
    2012-06-24_00002.jpg

Edit: The low priority for me somehow disappeared? I received battle points the second game, after I was shown the message of low priority in the first game.
    Last edited by bekyuubi; 06-24-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Basic Member
    In my 6 months of playing Dota2 I recieved only one "We've taken an action against a player you reported" message. And then, I got another one last night, and another one today.

I hope this means that Valve really did something good with report system.