Page 52 of 362 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasheem View Post
    In my 6 months of playing Dota2 I recieved only one "We've taken an action against a player you reported" message. And then, I got another one last night, and another one today.

I hope this means that Valve really did something good with report system.
    Yeah. Seems like they are catching up with all reports. I must say, I am not seeing raging kids and leavers in my last games anymore. It can even be considered a big improvement(and unlikely just luck) since before there was about 2-3 players like that per game, not even kidding...
    Well done valve.
    Last edited by ORLY; 06-24-2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: typo

Basic Member
    i just had another message seems like they started to do their job. ty!

why there is no more option to ignore player in player list while in game? it was there but now i should go to player dota profile to ignore them
    its kinda weird cause if i want to ignore someone i will do it anyway
    and btw i played at least one time with player i ignored again (i even checked his profile and there was option UNIGNORE), so please fix that

Basic Member
    obviously ignore doesnt mean "dont put me in a match with him". it means he cant contact you or communicate with you in any way.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acubeofcake View Post
    why there is no more option to ignore player in player list while in game? it was there but now i should go to player dota profile to ignore them
    its kinda weird cause if i want to ignore someone i will do it anyway
    So _thats_ where the ignore button went. I just played a very painful game with some guy who just wouldn't shut up about how team being noobs for the whole game; right from the start.

That kind of bullshit basically just makes me not want to play the game. I don't want to listen to that shit while I play. I don't want to spent any time communicating with people like that. -- Usually I'd just put them on mute pretty early on, but in this game I was sad to discover that the mute button had been removed (or, just moved, as I now know...).

Please restore the original mute button. It was far easier and more natural to access.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasheem View Post
    In my 6 months of playing Dota2 I recieved only one "We've taken an action against a player you reported" message. And then, I got another one last night, and another one today.

I hope this means that Valve really did something good with report system.
    Me and my friend Edgar both received our first message of that the other day (but we've seen so many trolls that I still lack faith in the system) but at any rate, maybe SOMETHING is being done. Really the only sure fire way that reports can be handled that will truly benefit the community is for a real human being at Valve to view reports and hand out punishments. The real reports would be dealt with obviously, and if people are sending in false reports a lot, just ban them or they will continue to do so (there's currently no repercussions as far as I know for submitting false/rage/revenge reports).

Basic Member
    now i'm certain they did something...i got another message

Banned
    I am not entirely sure its "Working" so much as "Just Doing Something". Something I have noticed is that I am getting MANY more of the "We did something" popup things, and sporadically tiny stints (usually 5 hours) in lpq. I took a small break from the game (A weekend and friday) just before the break, I netted 5 hours in LPQ for something (I figured 2 abandons I did that day) and that ended by the time I took my break. I was in normal queue when I came back today, played one game, then found I am LPQ for 5 hours AND I got my most recent "We've taken action against a player you reported" when I logged in today. I have received 5 of the "Hey we did something" messages total, but I haven't filled out any reports for about two weeks. I'm starting to think that rather than "being tweaked to work better" its really just catching up on all the reports or abandons that we've all done over X amount of time that just have been sitting there. Anyone capable of confirming this? Possibly getting large quantities of reports or netting very small amount of time in LPQ very suddenly?

Basic Member
    So i get bad players in a game and their trolling forces me to finally leave the actual game. So i find myself in the low priority punishment system and there i meet people who grief the game, do intentionally bad moves and then leave the game. BUT, they report ME now. So now i find myself sitting with even more days of punishment. Is this really normal? The current system of matchmaking makes it a heaven for trolls.

Why?

They troll and you have to suffer the whole game since you cannot surrender. So you have to play or go afk. If u are afk you will abandon the game and get yourself into lower priority pools and there you can basically without luck stay forever. If any idiot can report me and that report gets automatically regarded as correct i can stack up months of lower priority coz any idiot can report me over and over again. And why not? Theres nothing stopping him as it seems.

The public, matchmaking, part of DotA2 makes me wanna uninstall the game...

*edit - well i decided to really uninstall the game, cause as said, if people keep reporting for no reason and it gets automatically approved i can stack up years of low priority. i just hope when i get back that i wont get trolls again that will force me to leave the game, cause simply put - i cant keep playing when i know i will loose cause someone decided to feed since begin and there is no way for me to surrender the game. its a HUGE battle off and on my nerves and frankly - i dont have enough to waste for such matters.
    Last edited by InkSpots; 06-24-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InkSpots View Post
    So i get bad players in a game and their trolling forces me to finally leave the actual game. So i find myself in the low priority punishment system and there i meet people who grief the game, do intentionally bad moves and then leave the game. BUT, they report ME now. So now i find myself sitting with even more days of punishment. Is this really normal? The current system of matchmaking makes it a heaven for trolls.

Why?

They troll and you have to suffer the whole game since you cannot surrender. So you have to play or go afk. If u are afk you will abandon the game and get yourself into lower priority pools and there you can basically without luck stay forever. If any idiot can report me and that report gets automatically regarded as correct i can stack up months of lower priority coz any idiot can report me over and over again. And why not? Theres nothing stopping him as it seems.

The public, matchmaking, part of DotA2 makes me wanna uninstall the game...

*edit - well i decided to really uninstall the game, cause as said, if people keep reporting for no reason and it gets automatically approved i can stack up years of low priority. i just hope when i get back that i wont get trolls again that will force me to leave the game, cause simply put - i cant keep playing when i know i will loose cause someone decided to feed since begin and there is no way for me to surrender the game. its a HUGE battle off and on my nerves and frankly - i dont have enough to waste for such matters.
    I understand how you feel man; and I don't blame you for uninstalling the game because of it.

I've recently had a bit of a bad run with trolls as well, and I it does make me want to quit / afk at the fountain. (I really do not want to spend my leisure time listening to some jerk talk about how much his team sucks. I'd rather be doing... pretty much anything else.) -- But knowing that if I do quit, then _I_ will be the one punished rather than the trolls; so I just painfully played on. -- I get to stay in the normal-priority queue, so things aren't as bad for me as they are for you, but it's still not really not a pleasant. I'm not going to uninstall the game, but I don't think I'll be playing again for a week or so at least.

Dota2 is a fun game to play, but there are just so many jerks in the game. If my team ever loses, then my teammates tend to take it very badly, and start flaming and blaming and carrying on like idiots. It really spoils what would have otherwise been a fun experience. Playing a game doesn't mean winning a game. It's natural to lose around 50% of games - it should not be seen as such a big deal! The dota community needs to learn to understand this, or it's going to be choked by this flamers. New players will leave dota for friendlier communities.