Page 1 of 362 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

To prevent the future creation of lots of duplicate threads about the Commend/Report/Ban/Mute logic, I'm creating this sticky. Put all of your feedback around those topics in this thread only.

Low Priority Queue Logic

After a certain amount of Abandons (usually on your second abandon) or Reports you will be send into LPQ for a period of time.

The more abandons you have, the longer your time in LPQ will be.
    The more reports you have, the longer your time in LPQ will be.
    The shorter the window of time or games in between your games is, the longer your time in LPQ will be.

Note that there is no distiction between Abandons because of technical difficulties, real-life issues and those that were done on purpose (e.g. rage).
    One reason for that is that there is no reliable way of telling which is the cause of an abandon. The other - more important - reason is that any abandon regardless of reasons impact the quality of the game of the remaining 9 players.

No LPQ time will be removed!

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    For placing people into low priority, there is a semi-automated system. Without going too much into it, it is set up so that people won't go into LP because of false reports.
    Last edited by Kryil-; 02-16-2015 at 02:52 AM. Reason: added mutes to the sticky
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    I love the commend / report feature, but I think it will be better to have this option only at the end of each game. As it was said in another thread, this will prevent cheating with these two features.

Basic Member
    Commendation system is stupid.

I know it doesnt reflect player's skill level, but what if I only play with 3-5 man stack? This means I never get any commendation because I dont play with people that are able to commend me.

And if in future you get something when you commend someone, like hats, everyone will just abuse it. And for people who play only with stacks, this is huge loss.

@ commending:
    So far it works quite well. Only there should be more incentive to get people using it.
    There are a few who abuse it with friends, but I haven't seen a single one where this couldn't be verified by simply looking at their steam profile or playstyle.

@ reporting:
    Tough topic. I guess it works in the way that it prevents me from playing games with people I reported before. But I can't be for sure.
    It also becomes a pain in the ass when people (say that they would) report me for going dagon 5 on furion, despite owning with him most of the time (more than 2 wins for every loss so far).
    It kind of prevents people from trying stuff out. Stuff that usually works anyway but pubs think it's bad playstyle because pros never play like that. Carry venge+veno for instance, and much more. People who play unconventional but effective deserve more commendations so other people shut up when they think they need to force their playstyle onto other more creative players. If people could just say "hey look at my profile I certainly know what I'm doing" it would help.
    Last edited by mr.ioes; 02-23-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Any abusers of the illubug got banned?

I think the report system should be harsher. There should be a 0 tolerance policy regarding griefing/ruining the games. Going afk when the game is pretty much over is one thing, but when you deliberatly help the enemy team, then you should be banned even though you have no previous reports. Also abusing bugs should also be included in this.

The commendation system is a nice idea, but sadly nobody really cares about it. I think it should be reworked or removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Degen View Post
    I think the report system should be harsher. There should be a 0 tolerance policy regarding griefing/ruining the games. Going afk when the game is pretty much over is one thing, but when you deliberatly help the enemy team, then you should be banned even though you have no previous reports. Also abusing bugs should also be included in this.
    The problem with a 0 tolerance policy is that the people you'd ban probably didn't join the game with the intention to ruin it. Something else went wrong that caused them to not enjoy the game.
    Gabe Newell's latest interview sheds some light on this issue. They basically try to find out who has to play with whom so they don't ruin the game, but rather enjoy it and have a gg overall. It certainly is possible in most cases.

0 tolerance policy is never a good way of solving things.

edit: Just a fun example of one of my last games on DLG: Put someone who calls solo mid venge in most pub teams and he'll get flamed for it right at start. Put him in my team and I'll congratulate him (silentely at least) for thinking outside the box.
    edit2: You can read the interview here: http://penny-arcade.com/report/edito...-and-whether-w
    Last edited by mr.ioes; 02-23-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazzu View Post
    Commendation system is stupid.

I know it doesnt reflect player's skill level, but what if I only play with 3-5 man stack? This means I never get any commendation because I dont play with people that are able to commend me.
    If you are only playing with your 4 friends, the commend system isn't for you anyway. It should be for those who solo queue to get equally mannered team mates. Btw. the enemy team can also commend you.

There should be a notice after the game like the one at the beginning reminding players to report or commend.

Basic Member
    Do we have any idea what kinds of rewards we can get with the commendation system? As of now, my commendations are 20 Friendly, 9 Forgiving, 8 Teaching, 9 Leadership ^^

As long as there isn't any reward for being commended aside from personal accomplishment i believe it wont get abused much. It should be a natural thing.

If there is no reward, on the other hand, the smart people will not care about it as there is no real point to it.