Page 1 of 348 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Commend/Report/Low Priority/Mute Feedback

To prevent the future creation of lots of duplicate threads about the Commend/Report/Ban/Mute logic, I'm creating this sticky. Put all of your feedback around those topics in this thread only.

Low Priority Queue Logic

After a certain amount of Abandons (usually on your second abandon) or Reports you will be send into LPQ for a period of time.

The more abandons you have, the longer your time in LPQ will be.
    The more reports you have, the longer your time in LPQ will be.
    The shorter the window of time or games in between your games is, the longer your time in LPQ will be.

Note that there is no distiction between Abandons because of technical difficulties, real-life issues and those that were done on purpose (e.g. rage).
    One reason for that is that there is no reliable way of telling which is the cause of an abandon. The other - more important - reason is that any abandon regardless of reasons impact the quality of the game of the remaining 9 players.

No LPQ time will be removed!

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    For placing people into low priority, there is a semi-automated system. Without going too much into it, it is set up so that people won't go into LP because of false reports.
    Last edited by Kryil-; 02-16-2015 at 02:52 AM. Reason: added mutes to the sticky
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    I love the commend / report feature, but I think it will be better to have this option only at the end of each game. As it was said in another thread, this will prevent cheating with these two features.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kra View Post
    I love the commend / report feature, but I think it will be better to have this option only at the end of each game. As it was said in another thread, this will prevent cheating with these two features.
    I spectated a game yesterday, and we were 4 spectators, including a really nice person who was like commentating the match and answered my questions when I didn't understood what had happened.
    Of course I commended him after spectating. I feel like your idea would prevent me from commending such teaching people...
    And such a situation could have happened in chat, although less likely.

I really do enjoy commending : it puts a positive aspect in the game and decrease a lot the raging potential of such a team game.
    And when I play with good players who help me, I even more feel useful and part of the team when I can reward him at the end of the game by commending him

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiTi View Post
    I spectated a game yesterday, and we were 4 spectators, including a really nice person who was like commentating the match and answered my questions when I didn't understood what had happened.
    Of course I commended him after spectating. I feel like your idea would prevent me from commending such teaching people...
    And such a situation could have happened in chat, although less likely.

I really do enjoy commending : it puts a positive aspect in the game and decrease a lot the raging potential of such a team game.
    And when I play with good players who help me, I even more feel useful and part of the team when I can reward him at the end of the game by commending him
    Just make a spectator list in games that is clickable in the same way as the scoreboard. People might use it to circumvent a 'No commends in the lobby' system, but to be honest, they could do that in private game lobbies anyway if they wanted. There will always be ways around community based commendations for people desparate enough, stopping it from happening outside the actual game makes it annoying enough to stop some people from farming it, but not restrictive enough to prevent genuine commendations from being made.

Banned
    I agree that commends should only be able to be given after or during game to prevent the losers who trade commendations in lobbies ruining the vailidity of the system

what the fuck fucking dota2 is dota2 serious now low prio for nothing i only have 6 report and 0 abandons why am i in low priority matchmaking im gonna change to lol

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tikboyadana View Post
    what the fuck fucking dota2 is dota2 serious now low prio for nothing i only have 6 report and 0 abandons why am i in low priority matchmaking im gonna change to lol
    it broken with new post game

Basic Member
    Commendation system is stupid.

I know it doesnt reflect player's skill level, but what if I only play with 3-5 man stack? This means I never get any commendation because I dont play with people that are able to commend me.

And if in future you get something when you commend someone, like hats, everyone will just abuse it. And for people who play only with stacks, this is huge loss.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazzu View Post
    Commendation system is stupid.

I know it doesnt reflect player's skill level, but what if I only play with 3-5 man stack? This means I never get any commendation because I dont play with people that are able to commend me.
    If you are only playing with your 4 friends, the commend system isn't for you anyway. It should be for those who solo queue to get equally mannered team mates. Btw. the enemy team can also commend you.

There should be a notice after the game like the one at the beginning reminding players to report or commend.

Basic Member
    Do we have any idea what kinds of rewards we can get with the commendation system? As of now, my commendations are 20 Friendly, 9 Forgiving, 8 Teaching, 9 Leadership ^^