Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: View Reports against you

Banned

View Reports against you

Well, I think as a player you should get to know if you get reported and why. I mean, that function shouldn't just be there to ban people, imo it should be possible for people to learn from their mistakes and refrain from doing stupid things any further. Some people might say that you always knew what you get reported/banned for, but I don't think so (or else you wouldn't do it in the first place).
    So I'd like to suggest that you are able to view the reports that you got within 1 month (not longer, as they would become irrelevant and only disturbing).
    A condition of course would be that you don't see them instantly as soon as someone reported you and that you don't see who made the report (both to prevent abuse).

Basic Member
    People learn from their mistakes when they get punished, not by seeing their reports.

Quote Originally Posted by vrk View Post
    People learn from their mistakes when they get punished, not by seeing their reports.
    This.

Also, a number of the reports will be unjust (mostly in offender's eyes) and we'll see shit ton of QQ about those reports...

Banned
    I don't know about others but I'm definitely not one of them, hence my suggestion.

Basic Member
    So if you afk during a game and you get reported for it you're gonna say "ok i need to stop going afk" and if you see a report for flame you will say "ok need to stop flame now"

yeah we all believe you. 99% of people won't bother changing until they get punished, why would they implement this feature just for 10 paranoiac people?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Well, I think as a player you should get to know if you get reported and why. I mean, that function shouldn't just be there to ban people, imo it should be possible for people to learn from their mistakes and refrain from doing stupid things any further. Some people might say that you always knew what you get reported/banned for, but I don't think so (or else you wouldn't do it in the first place).
    So I'd like to suggest that you are able to view the reports that you got within 1 month (not longer, as they would become irrelevant and only disturbing).
    A condition of course would be that you don't see them instantly as soon as someone reported you and that you don't see who made the report (both to prevent abuse).
    I think being banned/punished is enough to tell you that you're "doing stupid things". (I'll stick with your terminology, but let's be clear that to be banned you have to do a bit more than "stupid things".)

Anyway, the report system isn't there for the sake of your rehabilitation, you don't get to rack up 9 reports (Let's assume that it takes 10 reports in a week to be put into low priority), and then say, "Whelp, I've been a bit of a dick. Let's cut that out for a while" when it's not at all about you "learning from your mistakes", and more about you trying to game the system. The report system is there to punish players who are a detrimental influence to the game experience of other players. That's it.

You can't honestly look at your past few games and tell whether you've "done stupid things"? You need to be able to see reports against you to tell you your behavior isn't acceptable?

This isn't even approaching the issue of reports being identifiable. In my reports I'll say something to the lines of, "Throwing racial slurs at our Storm Spirit." If that was a report against you you could now look at your games within a month and see your games with a Storm Spirit, to whom you were being racist, and then start harrassing any of the three guys who may've reported you. This is doubly true since we can only report a single player twice.

So no. Let's not do that.

Banned
    So if you afk during a game and you get reported for it you're gonna say "ok i need to stop going afk" and if you see a report for flame you will say "ok need to stop flame now"
    Nobody says anything. Reread my suggestion. I think you're going offtopic.

@Sarcophallus, it's not about behaviour that isn't acceptable, it's about behaviour that some people think is okay, while other people think it's already flaming/raging/against rules of their imagination.
    A friend of mine called himself Hitolf Adler. Is that okay? How many people dislike that? He will never know except he gets banned. I think the current system encourages flaming because you get no feedback if that what you're doing is still within the limit or already outside.
    Last edited by Typhox; 02-23-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    @Sarcophallus, it's not about behaviour that isn't acceptable, it's about behaviour that some people think is okay, while other people think it's already flaming/raging/against rules of their imagination.
    A friend of mine called himself Hitolf Adler. Is that okay? How many people dislike that? He will never know except he gets banned. I think the current system encourages flaming because you get no feedback if that what you're doing is still within the limit or already outside.
    REALLY?

You're ENCOURAGED to flame people?

What is it with your obsession with pushing the limit as far as you can? Why do you think this is acceptable?

This is literally child-like behavior.

Here, a solution for you: Stop it. Act like an adult. Don't flame people. Don't try to see how much you can "get away with". Enjoy the game and try to improve the community. I have well over a thousand games between DotA, LoL, and HoN, and close to 400 in DotA 2, and I have never gotten any sort of punishment. It's not because I'm "encouraged to flame."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcophallus View Post
    REALLY?

You're ENCOURAGED to flame people?

What is it with your obsession with pushing the limit as far as you can? Why do you think this is acceptable?

This is literally child-like behavior.

Here, a solution for you: Stop it. Act like an adult. Don't flame people. Don't try to see how much you can "get away with".
    I never flame anyone, and afaik I also never flame anyone in these forums and I got already dozens of complaints (without telling me what I did wrong of course),
    but I am very worried when I see my friends talking to someone in our team who just fed 0/10 with Spectre telling him "spec u are useless". Will he get banned one day for that? I don't know but I have no chance telling them that they shouldn't provocate as they think nothing would happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcophallus View Post
    and close to 400 in DotA 2, and I have never gotten any sort of punishment. It's not because I'm "encouraged to flame."
    That doesn't mean that all people think it's okay what you're doing. You could already have gotten dozens of reports of other players.

Basic Member
    I agree with Typhox though i haven't been reported or anything. You don't go to jail without a trial and criminals do know what crimes they are charged for before being punished. So it's better to know what you've done wrong.
    Last edited by BourbonX; 02-23-2012 at 07:03 PM.