Thread: Question about calibration

Basic Member

Question about calibration

So, I know that your ranked MMR is calculated with your unranked MMR as starting point, but is the uncertainty aswell? I mean I'm on my way to 4k on my main account (currently 3.1, 2nd account 4.4) in normal ranked. In the seasonal ranked my skill bracket didn't change at all no matter how I played, I was ALWAYS around 2.8, despite having 23-0 games with rampage etc., it just didn't change at all.
    After 10 games calculation I'm now stuck at 2.8k and my plan was to skip hours of playing to 4k with this. I feel kinda betrayed. Won 7 out of 10 matches and those matches I lost I tried to have a K/D as high as possible and get as much farm as possible. I never fed and had games like this:
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2426372553 (Naga 14-3, 900 GPM)
    or this:
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2421405106 (Spectre, 20-2-13 785 GPM).

In unranked I play like shit, I dont put any big effort into it because I mean its unranked, why would I? I do all hero challenges and quests in unranked, try new builds, stuff like that. I'm often in low prio but I mean it's UNRANKED.
    Does this have such a huge impact on the ranked calibration? Because it shouldnt be. Unranked and Ranked are 2 different games. And I believe my unranked MMR to be around 2k (because thats the level of the players I get paired with most of the time).

Is there any way to get a high uncertainty and recalibrate? Or do I really have to RAISE my unranked MMR first before I calibrate? I mean I got the 10 games behind me now, this is pure bs, by the time the next event starts I'll be 4k, it's just a huge waste of time.

Basic Member
    No answers? This forum is dead, isnt it?