Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Abandon + loss for a game that i wasn't able to reconnect in time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Abandon + loss for a game that i wasn't able to reconnect in time

I just got abandon + leave, yesterday, on a game that i couldn't make it in time, i got a blue screen error and my pc took a while to recover, when i reconnected to the game, all my money were spread among the team and so on, after i reconnected i still played and yet i've been the best in my team (probabily they wouldn't win without me" MATCH ID: 6071385 Date: Thursday Feb 23 17:40:57

Well, my question is: Is there any way to make the leave system actually identify the problem what you're having and to give you minutes equals to your problem ?
    Like:
    Intentionally leave - 2 minutes to reconnect
    Blue screen - 7/10 minutes to reconnect
    Dota 2 crash - 5 minutes to reconnect
    Electricity crash - 10 minutes to reconnect
    Network failure - 10 minutes to reconnect
    etc, because this really sucks

Is there any way to make the leave system actually identify the problem what you're having and to give you minutes equals to your problem ?

i remember in clan bgn !! they had a way to know how u leaved (for instance : Closed my remote host blablabla)

so yeah i think there is way to know what is the reason of a dc !

Problems like this are so rare, that it's not worth having a special exception for them. Bottom-line: if you're out of a game for over 5 minutes, you've probably screwed your team over and you should get an abandon as a result. It's no different from leaving, intentions aside.

I have two abandons due to power-blinks (electricity goes out for a short period of time), out of over 625 games played.
    That means it has occurred in less than 0.3% of my games.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittsies View Post
    Problems like this are so rare, that it's not worth having a special exception for them. Bottom-line: if you're out of a game for over 5 minutes, you've probably screwed your team over and you should get an abandon as a result. It's no different from leaving, intentions aside.
    It's a beta, and there's lots of issues with the client so far for lots of people.

At the very least giving a reason gives people an INFORMED decision whether to pause the game for an extended period or not. However, most of what he's asking for is unreasonable, but Dota 2 crash and a lost connection are something the game should easily be able to recognize.

(About adding an "abandon" or not...)
    There might be a sollution! Something like a hidden process (like duplicating the "svchost" processes' name, since there are a lot of them and if you kill the wrong one, you get your pc shut down ) which comunicates with steam and determines if the computer still has access to internet (for those who attempt to leave) or if the pc has been shut down/crashed (by creating some hidden log which detects what happened?)

What do you think???
    Last edited by JagdPanther69; 02-24-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Basic Member
    There is also another solution!

Solve your blue screen problem, cause your system is obviously malfunctioning.

Might not solve all the cases listed above, but is definetly the best solution for one of them.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

you can't solve the blue screen problems if they come from your pc's components (mainly due to bad manufacturers) and if you can't replace them (financial problems).

You also can't really teach everyone what components to get, how to protect themselves and how to fix their own problems - therefore, some way to help these guys may be very welcome

P.S. Use the Top page poll! (on-topic)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JagdPanther69 View Post
    you can't solve the blue screen problems if they come from your pc's components (mainly due to bad manufacturers) and if you can't replace them (financial problems).
    The fact that you cant replace your damaged car, that isnt safe to drive anymore, doesnt mean that you are still allowed to drive it on open streets affecting other participants.
    If you know, that your system is malfunctioning (and you know NOW), you shouldnt play with other people anymore, unless they are friends, who know, that you can disconnect, or its fixed. Dont affect other peoples freetime with your ignorance. Simple as that.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    That also means that if someone wants to leave, intentionally, that all he has to do is to rip out the modem. Then the game will count it as a network failure. It's just not gonna work.

... and as Mittsies said, it doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, your team lose a lot from it.

Before you play, make sure that your computer is stable, and that you have a free hour at least.

@blash365 - good point, but things are not as simple as that... It's like a gang blaming a bycicle driver with bad brakes for not being able to afford Ferraris (like them), besides the fact that you will not think too much about others when you're(generally speaking) too f***ed up (poor environment, etc - sorry, couldn't find a more accurate term) as you are (the one with the "bycicle").

@Manii - sometimes (quite a few), unexpected (and totally unpredictable) events tend to happen.
    About ripping the modem: "it" should work, since I suggested having the process record what's happening with the pc in the meantime while reporting what happened when connection is re-made. Still, there is the problem in the event of a power failure: how do you know if someone had his pc powered off (due to failure) or if he manually turned off the computer, although I don't know if it's possible to detect the press of the "power off" or the "restart" buttons. Let's see what turns up...
    Last edited by JagdPanther69; 02-24-2012 at 07:38 AM.