Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: suggestion to add hp bars to be togglable in settings

I guess the option wouldn't hurt...

Well, other than hurting crazy people that actually turn it off o_O

Basic Member
    please make it an option to turn it off. it clogs my screen and lowers my fps. ironically, they worsen my last hits. always played dota 1 without them

Quote Originally Posted by rarryre View Post
    please make it an option to turn it off. it clogs my screen and lowers my fps. ironically, they worsen my last hits. always played dota 1 without them
    I feel your pain, my old laptop would black out (as in the whole screen would just go black) for about 10 seconds every 10 minutes because the graphics card would overheat while playing Warcraft 3.
    Also, for spectating games, sometimes you don't want to see the HP bars and want to be more immersed in the action.

So I support this option.
    Change has kept DotA alive, evolving, and improving since 2002. And now DotA has an entire new engine at it's disposal, with infinite new capabilities.

So why are there so many DotA fundamentalists/conservatives that oppose new features, options, and information?

Embrace the change.

Basic Member
    Don't make this option. Playing with HP bars off is a ridiculous handicap and I don't want someone in my lane who doesn't know which enemy to attack because he can't see their HP.

Just like "lock camera" in LoL this makes noobs even worse instead of helping them learn to play the game.

Banned
    +1

+1 my friend played dota 1 with it off for years. it be nice for a toggle feature. everyone wins

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muusbolla View Post
    Don't make this option. Playing with HP bars off is a ridiculous handicap and I don't want someone in my lane who doesn't know which enemy to attack because he can't see their HP.

Just like "lock camera" in LoL this makes noobs even worse instead of helping them learn to play the game.
    you serious? if its toggable you can just check hp by hovering the mouse over them. its not a big deal. and if people cant handle them being off, they wouldnt toggle it off in the first place. i've played dota for around 6-7 years now and im doing perfectly fine

Basic Member
    ninja_racoon : there seem to be a bug where this happens. I had to restart the game to make the bars reappear.

A toggle option is a nice idea anyway. And would help until this bug is solved

Banned
    Honestly if you play without them you deny yourself LOADS of info. But I mean a toggle option is not that bad as long as the default option is always on.

Quote Originally Posted by obro View Post
    Honestly if you play without them you deny yourself LOADS of info. But I mean a toggle option is not that bad as long as the default option is always on.
    Yeah that's true, but many people play with even less info by doing things like turning the sound off so that they can listen to music.

I'd agree with making it an option. It might shock some people, but not everyone who plays DotA is looking to go pro. The majority probably aren't even actively trying to improve, they just want to have some fun, and nobody is going to change that.
    Change has kept DotA alive, evolving, and improving since 2002. And now DotA has an entire new engine at it's disposal, with infinite new capabilities.

So why are there so many DotA fundamentalists/conservatives that oppose new features, options, and information?

Embrace the change.